Recent Topics

Ads

[SH] Is there any place for ranged SH in pvp?

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Orontes

Re: [SH] Is there any place for ranged SH in pvp?

Post#11 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:28 pm

Darks63 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:41 pm
Manatikik wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:48 pm
zupaH wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:39 pm Not sure in what way a SH brings more burst than a SW? seeing as I havn't played my SW much since t4 just got released, I felt way more bursty on the SW. Seeing as you have Flanking Shot, Barrage, VoN etc etc.

However, I do agree that they're both pretty much equal otherwise. Both have their pro's and con's, but it just happens to only be cons for a range SW/SH in a warband.
SW used to have more burst but there’s have been a lot of nerfs to it since August 2017. Finish ‘em Off is the main reason why SH can be more viable ranges than SW damage wise and the fact that you have access to your abilities in a logical order (again the nerfs messed up stance dancing to benefit decent SW). It’s not s big gap by any means but it’s there; it might even be logical since depending on how you weigh the importance of RKD vs Burst vs Mobility.
Squig still have access to the SF+ SB combo to which can be a death sentence to any squishy. while SWW no longer have UF to blow people up.
What's SF and SB?

Ads
Manatikik

Post#12 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:34 pm

Orontes wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:28 pm
Darks63 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:41 pm
Manatikik wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:48 pm

SW used to have more burst but there’s have been a lot of nerfs to it since August 2017. Finish ‘em Off is the main reason why SH can be more viable ranges than SW damage wise and the fact that you have access to your abilities in a logical order (again the nerfs messed up stance dancing to benefit decent SW). It’s not s big gap by any means but it’s there; it might even be logical since depending on how you weigh the importance of RKD vs Burst vs Mobility.
Squig still have access to the SF+ SB combo to which can be a death sentence to any squishy. while SWW no longer have UF to blow people up.
What's SF and SB?

Squig Frenzy and Squigbeast.
<Montague><Capulet>

Herthin

Post#13 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:34 am

SF+SB... yea on paper.

Here is why:
Smallscale - one(almost) never gets M3 ever, even with Mpump. Focused Mind ist the only anti-CC SH has and will likely be used before.
Wb fights - Pet melts in AoE or when any mDps looks dire at it... fin

One has to be very lucky to stumble into a backline with charged M3, living Pet and correct tactics page.
Additional one needs the enemy in "complete retard mode" that doesnt see a huge meatball hopping towards them and fails to click on it.
I dont know... PvE maybe?

@topic
rSH does a great job in roam partys as gap-closer, debuffer and finisher.
But even there mSh is prefered because it needs way less support all things considered.

As solo-kiter the required skill level is way higher than most players like to accept. Very unforgiving.
They are out there but they are very few.

Could theoretically be used in warbands as AoE Debuffer with Pierce def tactic - the lower the BS the better.
But why even bother if one can just nuke the s*** out of everything with sorcs etc.? The M4 is nice but aside from that...

I would love to see more (efficent) rSH but the stars are not aligned for this to happen i guess.