Recent Topics

Ads

[Shaman] Suggestions needed

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Ysaran

[Shaman] Suggestions needed

Post#1 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:47 am

Hello folks! I started to play a little shammy and was asking myself: "does exist a viable liftap build". Now, I'm lvl 21 and thus I have no answer. And then I write here, hoping that some wise master shammy can solve my doubt
Zputadenti

Ads
shaggyboomboom

Re: [Shaman] Suggestions needed

Post#2 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:57 am

There is no viable lifetap build

Ysaran

Post#3 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:39 am

Does exists viable hybrid build?
Zputadenti

Sulorie

Post#4 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:56 am

Ysaran wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:39 am Does exists viable hybrid build?
No, you can gimp both dmg and heal and it will be at best useful for pve aoe farming but the class itself isn't ideal for pve farming.
Dying is no option.

Ysaran

Post#5 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:05 am

Sulorie wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:56 am
Ysaran wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:39 am Does exists viable hybrid build?
No, you can gimp both dmg and heal and it will be at best useful for pve aoe farming but the class itself isn't ideal for pve farming.
Sad.

Edit: no, I changed my mind, don't give me builds. Is much more fun to try and fail multiple times
Zputadenti

Jabba

Post#6 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:55 am

Just make sure you swap your defensive target so that bleed fer me healing isn't wasted, pretty much the extent of lifetap healing
Tushi Splats Tush Emoalbino Podge

Sinisterror

Post#7 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:18 am

There was little while when i'l take that was a bit too good, it was fun while it lasted=) I should play this game more.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Lordeh

Post#8 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:22 pm

Ysaran wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:47 am Hello folks! I started to play a little shammy and was asking myself: "does exist a viable liftap build". Now, I'm lvl 21 and thus I have no answer. And then I write here, hoping that some wise master shammy can solve my doubt
The answer is simply No not any more

6 months or so ago the GMs decided to redo the Path of Da Green tree and pretty much made it useless for life tap healing.

Prior to 6 months ago ,

Fury of the green did full damage (about 650 -700 decently geared player) and returned a heal of 150% of the damage inflicted (up to 4 targets) to the defense target and all group members within about 50ft.

Waaagh! Frenzy Knocked half a second off the cast time of I`ll take that For an additional 10AP cost

Now

Fury of the green hits for 299 (100% plus damage nerf) and only heals for a small fixed heal and 50% of the damage done (200% nerf) and only 20ft range

Waaagh! Frenzy Now lets you do full damage but still only 50% of the damage done so still a 200% heal nerf and doesn't knock half a second off the cast time of I`ll take that.

This coupled with The additional 20% heal nerf associated with Touch of Gork tactic has made people using the Green tree pretty obsolete. Healers don't both with it much either as to take the 13 point in both the heal and the green tree you have to be 60 RR and even at 70 RR that leaves only one point for abilities

Basically as others have said splitting between willpower and Intelligence just gimps you to the point of being fairly useless.
Choose which way you want to play your Shaman and go for it. Just bear in mind that getting DPS gear is harder due to SCs and now having to run every instance they can imagine to try to get it (btw the latest gear from bastion stair is awful don't bother)

I play a shaman called Totom, if you need help in game just message or mail

Ads
Ysaran

Post#9 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:48 pm

so, just to be clear, there is no reason at all to go full right tree, correct?
Zputadenti

Lordeh

Post#10 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:12 pm

Ysaran wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:48 pm so, just to be clear, there is no reason at all to go full right tree, correct?
The green tree still increases the strength of 2 of your primary DOTs (Bleed for me and Get`n Smarter), but the 13 point ability fury of the green got its damage nerfed by over 100% and the small fixed heal doesn't make up for the 200% nerf on the heal from the damage (use to be 150% of damage done returned as a heal, now 50%)

The green tree use to be great in Scs, dps green shammies use to really add to the heals, not anymore now very little splash healing so lots of dead choppas and Sorcs etc.

In answer to your question, try the green tree, take the kicking that will result and wait till and if they ever fix it