Recent Topics

Ads

AOE DPS

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Tanski

AOE DPS

Post#1 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:25 pm

So I recently got into a conversation with a very high rr player who stated that choppa aoe dps doesn’t compare with a sorcerer aoe dps. Now I know sorc has the advantage of ST damage but on my rr50 conq/bl choppa in some situations I hit for 1000 per swing in aoe . I dunno feels pretty strong to me. This same player also said that choppa doesn’t have any good morales and I informed him about stomp the yard. Anyway, mabye he’s right what are y’alls thoughts ?
75+ BG
80 Choppa/slyer
80 wl
70 + sm
70 bw/sorc
80 wh, we
60 sham/am

Ads
zulnam

Re: AOE DPS

Post#2 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:22 pm

To my knowledge choppa aoe dps is king; similar to slayer. Fragile, but very strong when supported.

High rr is also no proof of skill or knowledge, i’m afraid. Best thing we have, tho.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

DanielWinner

Post#3 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:30 pm

Choppa’s aoe dps indeed can be lower than sorc’s.
And choppa doesn’t have good morales besides the one you mentioned which is speccable and also m4 so in the open field it won’t be used - only keep and fort pushes/funnels.
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

Tanski

Post#4 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:21 am

So you are saying he is correct ? Well that seems a bit counter intuitive that a rdps would have more st and aoe damage than a melee class that gets blown up due to its mechanics . Choppa is the most support reliant class so I was under the impression that it was the aoe king...
75+ BG
80 Choppa/slyer
80 wl
70 + sm
70 bw/sorc
80 wh, we
60 sham/am

adamthelc

Post#5 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:35 am

Tanski wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:21 am So you are saying he is correct ? Well that seems a bit counter intuitive that a rdps would have more st and aoe damage than a melee class that gets blown up due to its mechanics . Choppa is the most support reliant class so I was under the impression that it was the aoe king...
Sorc and BW mechanics actually cause them to blow up Chopppa just becomes more squishy. Also a Sorc in melee range is more reliant on support than a choppa.

Choppa can do good AoE damage, especially to a backline. I wouldnt call it the king of AoE damage though. Have you ever really thought about their AoE mastery tree?Its just a bunch of utility. Not saying it should be, but that's really what it is.

Ysaran

Post#6 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:12 am

your interlocutor was refering to the fact that sorc have default M2 aoe bomb while choppa have speccable M4 aoe bomb, huge difference. Sadly it's true choppa do less damage than Sorc in most cases. i dont know who have more utility between sorc and choppa.
but hey: choppa have GTDC, so cheers!
Zputadenti

Aurandilaz

Post#7 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:13 am

Only if the stars align, a +60% dmg boosted Bring It On on armor debuffed targets will bring you ahead of AoE Sorc dps output potential - for a short time frame. And that is on 30sec CD.
Most of time, whether long range 60-80 feet, Sorc easily wins - or in medium range 20-50ft, Sorc wins in dps output, and also in close range when played properly.
You have IS dots ticking on dozen people and more, with SP you can recover some AP for more consistent dmg pressure (and actual AP regen ability - at which point Choppa has already double AP potted), your corp aoe abilities combined with bork+dpsZ corp debuffs face close to no resistances when landing. You don't need to target anyone with IW, it will be going to hit many anyway over 85ft? distance. Sorc now thx to very weird balance decision has a bomb m2 1200 dmg morale. Choppa not lol.

But the difference between Sorc and Choppa aoe dps outputs is still less wide than the difference between BW and Slayer, those stunties cannot really compete with 6proc stack bomb trains unleashing the fires from range.

Obviously nothing prevents a well played Choppa from achieving AoE dps numbers that are close to Sorc numbers. But then, a well played Sorc would still come out ahead of a well played Choppa. A good choppa might outdps average sorcs, but on average, the average sorc will outdps the average choppas.

Some remnants of the original rock-paper-scissor mechanics still remain, that is, the tanks are supposed to be weak vs magic dmg (sorc). The magic casters should be weak vs melee dps (not always if guarded etc). The healers should be easy victims to melee dps (not always). The melee should be easy victims for tanks (yeah not really). But what the ancients have said in 2008 does not help much in 2019.

roadkillrobin

Post#8 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:42 pm

It's not even close. A Choppa at rr80 will deal less AoE dmg then a Sorc at rr40. I guess the motivation behind it is that Choppa "can" have a bit better survivability and manouver then a Sorc and that Choppas arn't affected by Hold The Line. They are affected by armor however. (SW and SH are affected by both, RIP).

Then you got the extra AA on your target, (Almost completly irrelevant for point blank bombing and I think melee AA should actually hit as a small targeted AoE)

The main thing is that burst dps gives the best survibalility in the game. Take out the enemy dps and you don't need better survivability then a cloth armored Sorc without CC breaks on demand etz.

Ads
Tanski

Post#9 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:40 pm

Well this is a little disheartening . I feel like an arsehole now because I was so sure of my class. Well time to go level my bright wizard 😂!
75+ BG
80 Choppa/slyer
80 wl
70 + sm
70 bw/sorc
80 wh, we
60 sham/am

Ysaran

Post#10 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:25 pm

Tanski wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:40 pm Well this is a little disheartening . I feel like an arsehole now because I was so sure of my class. Well time to go level my bright wizard 😂!
Choppa still a valid class and, imo, one of the funniest to play
Zputadenti