Recent Topics

Ads

[Choppa] Choppa's opinion about Choppa's pull

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Jastojan

Re: [Choppa] Choppa's opinion about Choppa's pull

Post#11 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:54 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:42 pm
Jastojan wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:39 pm
CountTalabecland wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:32 pm It is overpowered. Choppas use it in 1v1 fights as a free knockdown/interrupt. Pulls should be used to close a gap, not from 5ft or less away in a melee fight. The pull is way more useful as an undefendable interrupt/knockdown than anything else but with the bonus of not requiring rage management.

At least make it able to be parried.
What the...? Are you kidding or something? Are you talking about CHOPPA in 1vs1? Did you ever fight against "whole zone jumping" WL? (With his amazing during texture chasing machine = pet?) I think you should, then tell us, what is OP...
Dead serious. What does WL have to do with this btw? So whether or not the choppa pull is OP has to be balanced against WL? You must be joking or trolling.

Best way to defend is to attack. This is what are you doing right now. And blaming CHOPPA for using spell (as you saing OP) in 1vs1? I gave you just expamle what is OP in 1vs1 (this is why I wrote about WL) ... ho my.
You said you are dead serious - all I need to know.

Ads
CountTalabecland

Post#12 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:12 pm

Jastojan wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:54 pm
Jastojan wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:39 pm

What the...? Are you kidding or something? Are you talking about CHOPPA in 1vs1? Did you ever fight against "whole zone jumping" WL? (With his amazing during texture chasing machine = pet?) I think you should, then tell us, what is OP...
Dead serious. What does WL have to do with this btw? So whether or not the choppa pull is OP has to be balanced against WL? You must be joking or trolling.

Best way to defend is to attack. This is what are you doing right now. And blaming CHOPPA for using spell (as you saing OP) in 1vs1? I gave you just expamle what is OP in 1vs1 (this is why I wrote about WL) ... ho my.
WL and Mara pull were changed specifically so they can’t do what I am talking about. Choppa can still use the pull as cc in 1v1 regardless of how close you are.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

oaliaen

Post#13 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:16 pm

Im ok whit GTDC changes but...

First fix WL pounce / CS and Slayer Rampage . If you devs nerf GTDC just now its just show how biased you guys are.

chokeanutsman

Post#14 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:17 pm

You are complaining about how Choppa (Destro) can 1v1 when Order (which has WL, aSW, and the mirror's beat 1v1s most of the time such as AM vs. Shamans) is borderline superior in 1v1s (which makes them very obnoxious in 3 point SCs), it's actually pathetic.

If that is going to get nerfed, then better nerf Order cancers as well. That would be fair.

Tesq

Post#15 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:17 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:12 pm
Jastojan wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:54 pm

WL and Mara pull were changed specifically so they can’t do what I am talking about. Choppa can still use the pull as cc in 1v1 regardless of how close you are.
Duno would you prefer choppa peel 1 by 1 ppl from 65+ feet? Instead inside 40 feet melee? I mean well ignore tanks and melee and pull 4 healers would be hilarious tought.

CountTalabecland

Post#16 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:28 pm

All I am saying is that the Choppa pull is unavoidable and does not have a minimum range. The other mdps with pulls can be avoided and they have minimum range because the devs realized it was a problem. Choppa should have to play by those same rules. Don’t know how I can state it in any simpler terms.

Whether or not other classes can 1v1 is irrelevant and a red herring attempt to dodge this point.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

oaliaen

Post#17 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:35 pm

Slayer should have to play by those same rules. Don’t know how I can state it in any simpler terms. Nerf Rampage as well.

Tesq

Post#18 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:40 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:28 pm All I am saying is that the Choppa pull is unavoidable and does not have a minimum range. The other mdps with pulls can be avoided and they have minimum range because the devs realized it was a problem. Choppa should have to play by those same rules. Don’t know how I can state it in any simpler terms.

Whether or not other classes can 1v1 is irrelevant and a red herring attempt to dodge this point.
-It can be interrupt (like mara/cant interrupt wl intead)
-You can exit from range or never enter it inside of it which is a bad sich (but its the same with wl shenanigans)
-it's not always istant it depent ...(as wl pull, again not ideal but both realm.have it the same not consistently way).
It can pull ppl alredy in range which is badder than pulling ppl outside of your melee range since the anti kite function is the same just with badder range...
-it dosent disable.you mid air as much as wl/mara pre nerf.

Ads
CountTalabecland

Post#19 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:53 pm

Tesq wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:40 pm
CountTalabecland wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:28 pm All I am saying is that the Choppa pull is unavoidable and does not have a minimum range. The other mdps with pulls can be avoided and they have minimum range because the devs realized it was a problem. Choppa should have to play by those same rules. Don’t know how I can state it in any simpler terms.

-It can be interrupt (like mara/cant interrupt wl intead)
-You can exit from range or never enter it inside of it which is a bad sich (but its the same with wl shenanigans)
-it's not always istant it depent ...(as wl pull, again not ideal but both realm.have it the same not consistently way).
It can pull ppl alredy in range which is badder than pulling ppl outside of your melee range since the anti kite function is the same just with badder range...
-it dosent disable.you mid air as much as wl/mara pre nerf.
It can’t be interrupted 1v1 bc it pulls you immediately upon being activated. And you are considered moving mid-air so it interrupts and then you cannot use anything that takes time to build. Also depending of which side of the choppa you are on/facing when pulled, you cannot use instant abilities until you land and the pull is over because you the choppa is not in the forward arc.

TenTonHammer

Post#20 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:01 pm

oaliaen wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:35 pm Slayer should have to play by those same rules. Don’t know how I can state it in any simpler terms. Nerf Rampage as well.
Just mirror the dam thing over the BS pve ap exhaust

“Muh unique classes” be dammed