Recent Topics

Ads

[Choppa] Path of Da'Hitta (2H)

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Ywhi

[Choppa] Path of Da'Hitta (2H)

Post#1 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:57 am

Hello,

Since the beginning of my Choppa, i was very interested about the tactic "pent up rage" to actually play the class with some exhaust skill and not spamming GFDSS and Slasha.

Basically it's all about staying in Furious Stage to maximise the damage of Exhaust skill. (& more Survivability)

I did some testing and found "No more helpin'" and "Tired Already" did more damage in Berserk stage than Furious. (I Reported this bug and it was fixed very fast in the last patch ! Which is great !)

But the fix is also a nerf of damage. Now those abilities ("No more helpin" and "Tired Already") does less damage in Furious stage than before the previous patch in Berserk Stage.
I don't think damage on "No more Helpin" and "Tired Already" was huge even if it did more damage than intended in berserk stage. 2H spec was already behind dual wield... and now it's a bit more.

Damage before the patch: (Left Berserk Stage - Right Furious Stage)

Damage After the patch: (Left Berserk Stage - Right Furious Stage)

What is your opinion about 2H spec, and do you feel it needs a bit a of work to actually be competitive compare to dual wield ?

I have a question about the tactic "Wot Rules" ? I don't know if it's a bug or if it works as intended.

Outta My face exhaust all our rage when we use it. With the tactic "Pent up rage" it also exhaust all your rage when you use it but with "Wot Rules" (Exhaustive blow no longer remove your rage) it does not work. I don't see anywhere that "Outta my face" is an exhaustive blow ?

Ads
Grunbag
Former Staff

Re: [Choppa] Path of Da'Hitta (2H)

Post#2 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:22 am

Its not a nerf , before fix no more helpin had +75% bonus in both furious and berserk , instead only in furious. Furious damage is slightly better on your new screenshot (1.4k compared to 1.3k before patch)
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#3 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:36 am

Your furious damage always been correct (+75% damage in both screenshot)
Your berserk damage deal less damage now because before patch it benefits the +75% damage instead of the +50% damage. That’s why it deal less damage now .

Also outta my face remove your rage since a long time, cause you had to cleanse your rage + detaunt instead of only detaunt . But I’m not really sure who asked for it

TenTonHammer

Post#4 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:40 am

Hitta just isn’t doin it for me, I like 2H on my slayer as you got some nice double bust options with wounds debuff and deathblow along with 50% aa haste to compensate for slower attack speed

But in a party I don’t see any reason to get either tired already nor no more helpin

If we want an option outgoing HD then we can just run a BG who’s has one with basically 100% uptime

BO’s not in da face does the same thing as tired already

If im going solo I’d rather just have lifetap

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#5 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:42 am

Since choppa have a inc heal debuff , i think no more helpin should be a armor debuff (like choppa had before) it would make more sense

Ywhi

Post#6 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:50 am

If you take strictly this number yes(I already knew what was going on before i post ^^). But overall, you can't deal as much damage as before with those abilities.

I was just hoping reaching the same damage in Furious stage than Berserk stage before , atleast.

I see the Path Of da Hitta as a WindowBurstySpec with BIG crit BIG number at the right time. And with those number it's less reliable than before : /.

What about my question about Wot Rules and Outta my face, do you have any information Grunbag ?

Edit: Oh ok, so Outta my face is tagged as an Exhaustive blow since the changes ? that's why it doesn't exhaust the rage with wot rules
Last edited by Ywhi on Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

TenTonHammer

Post#7 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:51 am

Grunbag wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:42 am Since choppa have a inc heal debuff , i think no more helpin should be a armor debuff (like choppa had before) it would make more sense
Every time you say something about choppa it gets my hopes up

Please don’t play with my heart :P

Ywhi

Post#8 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:55 am

Grunbag wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:42 am Since choppa have a inc heal debuff , i think no more helpin should be a armor debuff (like choppa had before) it would make more sense
i think it's a good idea, it will overall increase all of the damage of the spec.

So do you guys consider in the class design , "Outta my face" should not exhaust the rage with the "Wot Rules?" tactic ? :)

Ads
Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#9 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:10 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:51 am
Every time you say something about choppa it gets my hopes up

Please don’t play with my heart :P
Unfortunately for you I’m not in charge of balance , but we can make a proposal about it :)

Ysaran

Post#10 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:21 pm

No More Helpin' should be moved to 9pt (Tired Already? isn't comparable to a 120 wounds debuff) and at 13pt there should some kind of debuff, like armor or ini
Zputadenti