Recent Topics

Ads

Choppa's problems

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Ysaran

Choppa's problems

Post#1 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:21 pm

Hello Choppas mates, for quite a while I was thinking to make a balance proposal about Choppa but more I think about it and more I see new problems coming out!
I will expose the problems I found listing them by tree.
-Path of da savage
Yer Gettin' Soft is useless and Keep on Choppin' isn't comparable with Rampage
-Path of da hitta
Here there are 4 useful things: Pent up rage, strong finish, no more helpin' and "tired already?".
Strong finish and no more helpin' are ok, so forget about them; Pent up rage is strong but it require too huge investment compared to "wot rules?" and "tired already" isn't comparable with Slayer's devastate. In addition "long lasta" would be cool in aoe tree and instead is here, no sense at all.
-path of da wrecka:
This tree is a f*****g mess! Longer and stronger=useless, keep it comin'=useless, Chop fasta could be strong but actually is totally useless, GTDC is more useful in ST than in aoe, if wasn't for the pull would be worst ability in game: shitty damage+channelling=magic combo.
Basically you spend 14+ mastery point to get a high situational abilitiy and a ST ability.

Now, do you think that I forgot some point? Do you think that some of this "problems" are only in my head? I would like to hear your opinion about them

Edit: this is not a whine nor a trolling, I'm totally serious and would like to receive some civil feedback, i.e. if you think that some of problems I listed is not a problem then explain why you think so; if you think that Choppa have a problem that I haden't listed than explain why you think that it is problem. I want to know what are Choppa problems from the point of view of choppas
Last edited by Ysaran on Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zputadenti

Ads
Reesh

Re: Choppa's problems

Post#2 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:55 pm

"Yer getting soft and chop fasta useless, gtdc more useful in dealing st damage then anything else."

Oh God.

Ysaran

Post#3 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:16 pm

I never said neither
Reesh wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:55 pm Yer getting soft and chop fasta useless
nor
Reesh wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:55 pm gtdc more useful in dealing st damage then anything else
Read again plz
Zputadenti

TenTonHammer

Post#4 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:18 pm

Reesh wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:55 pm "Yer getting soft and chop fasta useless, gtdc more useful in dealing st damage then anything else."

Oh God.
Yes

Yer gettin soft is a bad tactic that sounds pretty that no one runs and yes chop fasts is still bad as WAAAAGH tactic on BO exists as an alternative

Reesh

Post#5 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:21 pm

Ysaran wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:16 pm I never said neither
nor
Reesh wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:55 pm gtdc more useful in dealing st damage then anything else
Read again plz
I mean... That's exactly what you've wrote, unless you're paranoid.

Ysaran

Post#6 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:33 pm

Reesh wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:21 pm
nor
Read again plz
My bad, i will more clear and edit mi first post in the future.
By the way what I mean is that GTDC is useful only for the ST pull and deal no real damage neither in ST nor in AoE. When you use GTDC you want to pull one person (and so the ST utility) not to deal damage (and so the AoE uselessness).
Chop fasta is useful only as counter to cd increaser (both in PvP and PvE) and in particular wb set up, it's made useless by the strongest BO WAAAAGH and thus Chop Fasta don't worth 1 mastery point with some exceptions
Zputadenti

DirkDaring

Post#7 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:42 pm

Choppa pull range not large enough, or something else ? haha

adamthelc

Post#8 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:40 pm

Keep on chopping should be looked at. Might be alright in a build that doesnt drop rage, but outside of that it doesnt make any sense.

Waaagh doesnt make chopa fasta bad. It means that if that's all you were interested in when making a group, you could bring a BO instead. That doesnt make the ability not worth using if you are actually playing a Choppa. I would rather have shatter limbs, but chop fasta isnt bad.

I would rather have Tired Already? than devastate.

The tactics in the AoE tree are very lackluster, but they are exact mirrors. The increase AoE cap is ok as is. The healing tactic isnt worth much, but maybe it's meant for PvE? Not great for leveling though either. The self rez tactic is too random to be competitive. Maybe if it had 100% chance but had a long ICD? Dont know if it would be good, but at least it would have a concrete value you could balance and consider.

The only things that really need to be looked at are keep on chopping and gtdc. GtDC is not something I am really going to address here, really needs it's own topic and it has plenty.

Ads
adamthelc

Post#9 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:44 pm

Ysaran wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:33 pm
Reesh wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:21 pm

nor

Read again plz
My bad, i will more clear and edit mi first post in the future.
By the way what I mean is that GTDC is useful only for the ST pull and deal no real damage neither in ST nor in AoE. When you use GTDC you want to pull one person (and so the ST utility) not to deal damage (and so the AoE uselessness).
Chop fasta is useful only as counter to cd increaser (both in PvP and PvE) and in particular wb set up, it's made useless by the strongest BO WAAAAGH and thus Chop Fasta don't worth 1 mastery point with some exceptions
How does strongest BO Waaaagh make it useless. I guess
I am stupid and need someone to explain it.

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#10 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:56 pm

I would swap longer and stronger with Pent up rage and increase heal on loger and stronger or reduce the tick intervals.

As BO go the CD increaser , I agree it’s doesn’t make choppa mandatory in a warband setup anymore . Maybe review this ability or change it for something else (aoe cone damage + build time increaser ?)

Maybe yer getting soft could be reworked a bit to work for all path and not only for path of da savage abilities and make it worth like rampage?
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer