Recent Topics

Ads

Shaman Builds/Gear

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
onekiu

Re: Shaman Builds/Gear

Post#11 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:05 pm

Sulorie wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:41 pm
onekiu wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:08 pm Hi Jabba, could you please reupload your builds?
The builds are still valid.
Oh, so you can access the links? Then it's a technical issue from my part, because it tells me "Application Error" when I try to click them; on multiple browsers.

Ads
FrzrBrn

Post#12 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:39 pm

The builder seems to be down; it's not you.

Jabba

Post#13 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:31 pm

Old links stopped working, posted new ones
Tushi Splats Tush Emoalbino Podge

rektalalchemist

Post#14 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:50 am

hey, how do I know which mastery points I spend first.. iml level 23 or so...

Sulorie

Post#15 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:22 am

rektalalchemist wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:50 am hey, how do I know which mastery points I spend first.. iml level 23 or so...
First you have to decide, what you want to do, deal damage or heal.
I would suggest you to heal, as it is the most efficient way to play with your current rank, available tactics and skills.
Dying is no option.

Jabba

Post#16 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:34 am

rektalalchemist wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:50 am hey, how do I know which mastery points I spend first.. iml level 23 or so...
Healer just go up Mork first, skip 'shrug it off' unless you're running 'aint done yet'. Go for the snare puddle first then the toughness hot

Dps go straight into Gork for the heal debuff and touch of gork, after you have those start going into mork for the puddle if you're running that build, or into da green

thedonkeykong332
Suspended

Post#17 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:58 pm

Hi, I'm a new player and would like your advice!
First of all nice build, well written really well adjusted!

Now my question is this, I am level 32 right now as shaman DPS, using mostly Glass cannon BUILD , SC GEAR stacking int talis , path of gork etc. I'm quite the dpser but I'm very squishy and I don't like it.
I want to try the dots/kite/slow build, so I will be more sustainable and still able to kill people.

What kind of items do I need for my build as a beginner at my level? Ruin gear? RVR gear? or should I stay with the SC gear?
Ruin/RVR/SC what kind of talis do I stack to each gear? and how should I skill my renown then?
Would really love to hear your output on my questions :), as I'm a squishy little git hehe that would like to switch to a different build :P ( hey it rhymed! :P)

Thanks in advance sir!

Jabba

Post#18 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:24 pm

Heya,
Personally, I would just stick with sc gear, iirc ruin gear is one of the hybrid sets with willpower and intel on it. Therefore its garbage.
As for spec, sadly at your level, you will always have to make quite a sacrifice as you simply don't have the points to spend.
If you want to have more survivability and be able to kite, I would run something like RoR.builders - Shaman. Your damage will be lower (when you don't have your debuff available) and you obviously lose the heal debuff, so assist on others who can provide that for you if you're against enemies that need it. No other particularly useful tactics right now, so just put in the auto detaunt and wait 1 more level for the magic crit

At 35, you will have enough points to swap the ele debuff for the heal debuff if you wish RoR.builders - Shaman, or wait until 37 where you will have enough (if you have mercenary gear, if you don't you'll have to wait until 38) to run RoR.builders - Shaman (the career builder doesnt let you select more tactics but you will have your 4th tactic slot for 'Touch of Gork'. At this point you will pretty much be as strong as you can be in mid tier sc's as a dps shammy, so now would be a good time to start using instructors boons if you haven't already.

As for renown, I would put it primarily into intel still. Then either magic crit if you want more damage, or if you want defence get some deft defender if mid tiers are still just filled with ranged sw's/bw and engis, or just put 15 points into futile to get your chance to be crit down a bit.

Ads
thedonkeykong332
Suspended

Post#19 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:53 pm

Jabba wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:24 pm Heya,
Personally, I would just stick with sc gear, iirc ruin gear is one of the hybrid sets with willpower and intel on it. Therefore its garbage.
As for spec, sadly at your level, you will always have to make quite a sacrifice as you simply don't have the points to spend.
If you want to have more survivability and be able to kite, I would run something like RoR.builders - Shaman. Your damage will be lower (when you don't have your debuff available) and you obviously lose the heal debuff, so assist on others who can provide that for you if you're against enemies that need it. No other particularly useful tactics right now, so just put in the auto detaunt and wait 1 more level for the magic crit

At 35, you will have enough points to swap the ele debuff for the heal debuff if you wish RoR.builders - Shaman, or wait until 37 where you will have enough (if you have mercenary gear, if you don't you'll have to wait until 38) to run RoR.builders - Shaman (the career builder doesnt let you select more tactics but you will have your 4th tactic slot for 'Touch of Gork'. At this point you will pretty much be as strong as you can be in mid tier sc's as a dps shammy, so now would be a good time to start using instructors boons if you haven't already.

As for renown, I would put it primarily into intel still. Then either magic crit if you want more damage, or if you want defence get some deft defender if mid tiers are still just filled with ranged sw's/bw and engis, or just put 15 points into futile to get your chance to be crit down a bit.
Hey, Thanks for the reply.

I got to level 40 and started to farm gear, got some beastlords etc. anyway I want to be a strong roamer so i can 1v1, this is something that I enjoy personally.
like this guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpmOeZ7kFhA&t=334s
What gear do you think I should get, and talis etc, would appericiate your thoughts, as for now I mostly get rekt if a WL/WH jump on me.
Thanks in advance again :)

spiritbull

Post#20 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:53 pm

thedonkeykong332 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:53 pm Hey, Thanks for the reply.

I got to level 40 and started to farm gear, got some beastlords etc. anyway I want to be a strong roamer so i can 1v1, this is something that I enjoy personally.
like this guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpmOeZ7kFhA&t=334s
What gear do you think I should get, and talis etc, would appericiate your thoughts, as for now I mostly get rekt if a WL/WH jump on me.
Thanks in advance again :)
His gear, as far is I know, is 3 oppressor\3Vanq, 3 DPS genesis, 2 heal genesis. In comments for one of his videos he replied what gear\build he used. Staff can be taken from city dungeons, there are two decent ones there, choose what you like. Renown build: full anticrit, full wounds. Mastery points: 1st tree and silence and elem debuff from third.
Talismans: anything you can afford to burst you surviability: armor\wounds\toughness. I personally was running with wounds, as armor ones are expensive.
Aternative: Bloodlord +beastlord cloak, jewel, pocket +3dps genesis.
BIS for that playstyle: mix of dps and heal sovereign (have not tested yet)
Your strategy is: get maximum possible stat points from mixing the sets. Then just outsurvive everybody. You'll not kill good tank, heal and AM, though they won't kill you either.
Tactics: autodetaunt+runaway - musthave. Other 2 are of your choice: discipline\aintdoneyet are good choice. I personally like hot from dispel instead of discipline.