Recent Topics

Ads

Black Orc AOE??

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Zoroth

Black Orc AOE??

Post#1 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:51 am

Are there any Black Orcs who use some kind of an AOE rvr specc?
If so can u provide some info on that? if its fun and does it work?
Or is a Black Orc just good for snb specc?

Ads
rmpl

Re: Black Orc AOE??

Post#2 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:09 pm

u could try the bring em on build but theres no point really because you wont do as much damage as a dps and ull always be contributing much more by playing snb. bo is a tank first and foremost despite what the devs are currently trying to push

Tesq

Post#3 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:33 pm

This is a base

RoR.builders - Black Orc

Use big swing and da big un + tactic of parry to free ap spam aoe, which shoudl also mean proc better and have higehr stat steal on you war bellow...take you wot as panic button then you can take some supp stuff like

-group heal
-20% aoe snare

From third mastery or

-avoidance fom mid

Generally is the same as s+b but you loose save me hide and htl for not a lot but i suppose if you wanna spam aoe you are up for a bigger dmg in comparison than even BG aoe spam while in 2h.

You can play it both with and withhout tactic for best plan on parry but is more taxing on ap that way and tactic based on plan for exemple avoidance from mid mastery are less usefull that way. For exemple if you can go with a 5+10 all the time from tactics in parry then add another 10% from 2h epic quest suppose is better.

Like +25% parry + 10%dodge +10% disrupt much like a 2h chosen but you are less dependant from land self buff on enemys.

It may work depend on you just idk what are your definig role if just add more dmg while loose just a bit of tank prowless is good in this case, BG bring much more in term of 2h for wb.

You can build it more off or def/supp with out necessary lower your durability it's more freedom regarding build options than other classes in this case. Still feel like lacking

xanderous

Post#4 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:45 pm

Pretty pointless to bring any 2h BO into large scale rvr they just melt from typicaly BW/engie aoe, though i have always wondered what a warband of 16 offtank BO's crossguarding, spamming da biggun looks like :lol:

Though i'd still make 4 at least go s&b for the hold the line spam.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

DokB

Post#5 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:30 am

SnB in WB: Just go Waaagh build + More Choppin Dem + Morale Pump
One thing everyone should note is that Savin Me Hide doesn’t give you the magic damage reduction, only your group mates. You still get the toughness buff.

2H in WB: Now that Da Big Un scales with Da Brawler mastery tree, it does decent damage and you get some surprisingly big damage numbers from it I’ve found. But you’ll be expected to be the frontline and 2H BO doesn’t last long in the frontline.
If you’re going to be doing RvR a lot as 2H than you need to choose your fights carefully and know when to get out (usually when You Wot is down).

If you wanna be an rvr AoE tank though, BG is best for that. Furious Howl/Wave of Scorn/Crimson Death/Monstrous Rending/Hastened Doom/Filled With Fury
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

uanaka

Post#6 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:54 pm

DokB wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:30 am SnB in WB: Just go Waaagh build + More Choppin Dem + Morale Pump
One thing everyone should note is that Savin Me Hide doesn’t give you the magic damage reduction, only your group mates. You still get the toughness buff.

2H in WB: Now that Da Big Un scales with Da Brawler mastery tree, it does decent damage and you get some surprisingly big damage numbers from it I’ve found. But you’ll be expected to be the frontline and 2H BO doesn’t last long in the frontline.
If you’re going to be doing RvR a lot as 2H than you need to choose your fights carefully and know when to get out (usually when You Wot is down).

If you wanna be an rvr AoE tank though, BG is best for that. Furious Howl/Wave of Scorn/Crimson Death/Monstrous Rending/Hastened Doom/Filled With Fury
Sorry to bring back this older comment, but I saw you play a BO and BG. They're both on my list of next toon to level up, and I wanted to ask what your thoughts are on their main differences?

I fully intend to play as a tank, but of course I'd like to be able to actually win a 1v1 fight if necessary solo roaming, so I'm looking for something that has decent 1v1 potential and self sustain. I see both BO and BG have skills for that, so I'm just wondering which would be more appropriate. I also like SCs so I'll mostly playing those.

DokB

Post#7 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:09 pm

Spoiler:
uanaka wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:54 pm
DokB wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:30 am SnB in WB: Just go Waaagh build + More Choppin Dem + Morale Pump

Sorry to bring back this older comment, but I saw you play a BO and BG. They're both on my list of next toon to level up, and I wanted to ask what your thoughts are on their main differences?

I fully intend to play as a tank, but of course I'd like to be able to actually win a 1v1 fight if necessary solo roaming, so I'm looking for something that has decent 1v1 potential and self sustain. I see both BO and BG have skills for that, so I'm just wondering which would be more appropriate. I also like SCs so I'll mostly playing those.
BG for sure.
Might go into their main differences in a few hours once I wake up.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

DokB

Post#8 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:20 am

Spoiler:
uanaka wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:54 pm

BO
Spoiler:
BO provides group buffs in the form of Da Biggest (stat steal which is crucial against certain comps that run SM/ASW but is also just really good to have in general for the potential initiative stat steal) and discount chosen aura (Da Greenest). You also have a wounds buff for your group but it’s trash so don’t use it. You have the best damage of the Destro tanks but your sustain isn’t as good as the other tanks. I wouldn’t recommend BO for solo roaming since you simply don’t have the tools to do so (bad sustain and no effective chasing/kiting tools). You could run some meme spec with Fleshrender jewels but then if anyone is dying to a solo BO then they probably deserve to die to be honest. I don’t recommend playing any tank solo but it is possible and some tanks can have fun with specific specs.
BG
Spoiler:
BG provides buffs specifically to their dark protector. Your resource mechanic (Hatred) determines certain abilities effectiveness when cast. You spend Hatred to cast your best debuffs and you have access to the longest punt in the game as well as the longest knockdown when using shield with full hatred. BG has very good sustain in the form of being able to boost their parry to high levels as long as they keep hatred high, very good absorb bubble for themselves and dark protector, a very good toughness buff, a very small heal every 5 seconds from Feeding on Weakness, Bolstering Anger which is a must if you do insist on solo play. There are a number of things that BG can provide that no other destroy tank can (spammable outgoing heal debuff, critical hit/heal reduction on enemies from Crush the Weak, Crimson Death).
You still provide good damage (2nd best on Destro tanks), but not as much as BO. Your self-sustain is miles ahead however and you can easily win most 1v1 as BG if spec’d for it.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Ads