Recent Topics

Ads

Tree Hit Combo.

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Skitup

Tree Hit Combo.

Post#1 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:59 am

Are we ever gonna see tree hit combo back for snb players? Revert it please.
Skitup - Marauder 73
Skeej - Black Orc 71
Skeec - Shaman 54
Atf - Sorceress 50

Ads
Nefarian78

Re: Tree Hit Combo.

Post#2 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:18 am

What is the point of using a 2h then? Having access to Big 'Un?

No. Reverting that change means killing 2h BOs. The 2h build is already struggling, as all 2h tanks are, there's no need to kick 2h BOs while they're down.
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

Skitup

Post#3 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:22 am

It would not kill 2h lol.
Skitup - Marauder 73
Skeej - Black Orc 71
Skeec - Shaman 54
Atf - Sorceress 50

Skitup

Post#4 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:29 am

Make You Wot require Great Weapon.
Skitup - Marauder 73
Skeej - Black Orc 71
Skeec - Shaman 54
Atf - Sorceress 50

DokB

Post#5 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:52 am

If THC went back to being usable with SnB, I wouldn’t see much more point in remaining 2H if I can become even tankier by having access to block renown, HtL and YMM; all while maintaining a strong DPS output thanks to THC.

You Wot is nice and all, but I would probably take SnB and the utility/tankiness it brings since BO doesn’t have to worry about choosing 2H for lower cooldown punts or wounds debuff like the other tanks do.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

TenTonHammer

Post#6 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:40 am

this is why people dont use SnB, cause its not fun when you take away fun dps ablites from a playstyle that is supposed to be a melee assist bruiser

this is all a product of shoddy balancing that messed up the dps tree, we saw the samething happen for the chosen dps tree as well and now BG is the only one with a good well designed dps tree

You wot should have gotten a 2h requirment in stead of being an easy to acess panic button ontop of SnB bo's existing one with cant hit me

Nefarian78

Post#7 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:56 am

Skitup wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:22 am It would not kill 2h lol.
Skitup wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:29 am Make You Wot require Great Weapon.
Then explain how can 2h stay competitive compared to SnB with THC? What would 2h do better than SnB? 15-20% more damage at the cost of HTL, not-nerfed Guard, Block renown (And your normal block) and YMM.

What is making YW a 2h required ability going to solve? You can survive without it as a SnB there's no need for it, at all.
Last edited by Nefarian78 on Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

footpatrol2

Post#8 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:57 am

I think tree hit being able to be used via SnB was fine. When 3 hit was SnB I still used 2hnder depending. A nice thing about the tree hit being able to be used via SnB and 2hnder is that the BO was more versatile then say the SM. Now it lost that versatility and is more pigeon holed then before.

Ads
Collateral

Post#9 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:45 am

TenTon said it all. If devs want to see more snb tanks, they need to give them some assist damage capabilities. There is virtually no pressure you can put out with snb bo. The class is designed more around burst. If you want to kill someone, you have to spend your cds. But now without thc, you can't continue the burst, so there's no point in going snb.

As already said, make yw 2h only. It still gives you more damage and survivability. Also while 2h you get the 10% damage tactic. So these two things alone give the 2h 20% more damage. I don't see how that could be bad and make 2h undesirable again. You can't have it all. By going 2h you get some damage and lose some tankiness, and by going snb it's the other way around (at least that's how I imagine it should be). But I do agree that yw doesn't quite solve the 2h bo problem. Bo lacks self defense buffs while 2h (not that snb is much different, but it gets chm from mastery at least). Yw gives nice buffs, but it's on demand buff and can't be permanent (that would be too strong), and not to mention self snare; while virtually all other tanks have 100% uptime on their self buffs. This was one of the biggest problems for 2h bo before all the changes. You did get some damage, but you simply had no survivability, hence going snb was the only viable option.

It's true then that if thc was reverted, 2h bo wouldn't be in a much better place than it was before. Something else has to be done. What about savin me hide? The reduced magic damage is meh since it's only on 4s duration. Toughness buff is not so bad in itself. How about lose the magic dmg reduction, and give a 10% parry buff for 5s? It's still much worse than sm buff, but it's something at least. I guess I'll try to make a balance proposal.

CytheX

Post#10 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:40 am

You got YW after THC tied to 2h, I think it's fine it is like now, the only issue is like all thanks u should be able to use old guard in 2h spec.