Recent Topics

Ads

[squig] melee spec and tactics?

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Grunbag
Former Staff

Re: [squig] melee spec and tactics?

Post#11 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:46 am

It’s sad to read that a pet career is better without pet :(
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Ads
Kabuterimonga
Suspended

Post#12 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:29 am

it's totally worth it, if you play on warbands your squigs will die most of da times, check dis video where it shows dat melee squig with no squig tactic is viable

Click here to watch on YouTube
Kabuterimon RR 109
Kabuchop RR 101
Kabusquig RR 92
Tentomon RR 86

Brutinho

Post#13 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:51 am

Imo it's only better to run no pet tactics on wb. If you are roaming or doing sc I recommend using the pet to have any semblance of burst.
[BG] Amelios RR8X
[SH] Gittens RR8X | [SHM] Moquito RR 6X
[IB] Ambiorix RR 7X
[KOBS] Quarterback RR7X

xanderous

Post#14 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:40 am

Even in scenarios the pet dies too fast and once horned squig is gone, your without the armor buff for a long ass period, if it was on the same level of survivability as WL pet it be a different story and even with toughness tactic for it, still drops like a stone. Bare in mind you still gain a 25% buff to melee when using TA, I've pretty much given up on the pet due to its low survivability.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

geezereur

Post#15 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:15 am

Grunbag wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:46 am It’s sad to read that a pet career is better without pet :(
The pet is so much fun to use but it will die really fast in rvr to aoe spamming.

Brutinho

Post#16 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:28 am

I think it's because pets don't get healed with aoe (no even with a 90% reduction) and most people do not show group member's pets on party window.
[BG] Amelios RR8X
[SH] Gittens RR8X | [SHM] Moquito RR 6X
[IB] Ambiorix RR 7X
[KOBS] Quarterback RR7X

spiritbull

Post#17 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:57 am

Grunbag wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:46 am It’s sad to read that a pet career is better without pet :(
Technically, you're INSIDE YOUR SQUIG :D

zulnam

Post#18 » Sun May 19, 2019 9:02 pm

I'm looking into speccing into the melee tree, you know, take a break from the potato role range has.

I kind of get the whole raid utlity side, with fart aoe using disrupt tactic. Territorial Aggression also sounds like it could help bring damage to some decent numbers while also giving survivability.

Now my problem: What do you put the rest of your points in? It's all range stuff, which can't be used in SA. I could try and get the heal debuff, approach enemies in normal mode, but that already requires 2 DoTs (assuming one isn't a fail) and by the time I get my **** together and get into SA i'll probably be a stain on the ground.

Any ideas? At this point i'm running with like 10+ unused career points.

Also, How is SA treated? Could we technically stack Terr. A. with All By Meself for a sexy 50% dps increase?
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Ads
xanderous

Post#19 » Sun May 19, 2019 9:08 pm

zulnam wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 9:02 pm I'm looking into speccing into the melee tree, you know, take a break from the potato role range has.

I kind of get the whole raid utlity side, with fart aoe using disrupt tactic. Territorial Aggression also sounds like it could help bring damage to some decent numbers while also giving survivability.

Now my problem: What do you put the rest of your points in? It's all range stuff, which can't be used in SA. I could try and get the heal debuff, approach enemies in normal mode, but that already requires 2 DoTs (assuming one isn't a fail) and by the time I get my **** together and get into SA i'll probably be a stain on the ground.

Any ideas? At this point i'm running with like 10+ unused career points.

Also, How is SA treated? Could we technically stack Terr. A. with All By Meself for a sexy 50% dps increase?
your only option outside melee tree is runaway! for when popping aoe punt because it won't work in squig armor.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

zupaH

Post#20 » Sun May 19, 2019 9:32 pm

mSH with a pet is more than viable. I've been running with a pet while roaming and in 6man groups a lot lately.
Tootlez/Egron/Snotstickz/Kaiju
<Schweinejungs>

twitch.tv/tootlez1