Recent Topics

Ads

SH Question

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Swiftly

SH Question

Post#1 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:27 pm

Is the Squig Herder a decent Solo Roam, Gank toon for oRvR lakes in T4?

I am liking the play style at the lower tier but can see maybe the damage does not scale well from a ranged perspective...

Thanks.

Ads
TenTonHammer

Re: SH Question

Post#2 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:34 pm

based on this thread: viewtopic.php?f=71&t=30066&hilit=squig+herder

it seems SH is not all that special till you hit RR70 where it becomes "ok" and falls behind other DD's

spiritbull

Post#3 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:07 pm

For solo roam and gank melee SH is ok, especially if you have someone to do damage.

40-70RR I used melee spec with lots of fun: super mobility and surviability, aoe kind of damage for WBs, can eat some bad players solo or run from skilled ones. Most important: has chances against WLs :D
Can be really nice from tactical sense with channeling knockback, KABOOM
Cons: no burst, without "normal" DPS assisting you cannot kill anyone healed

Reached yesterday RR70 and respeced to range:
Thoughts:
ok for 3-6men party (mainly because I love class)
0 use in organized wb
0 chances solo

The damage is produced by 1st tree and to do it you should sacrifice Quick Shooting range tactic (you need finisher, +160BS tactic and 120BS, 120WS tactic) So you get okiesh stationary damage (if full glass canon with 0 surviability)
For solo and small scale roam you need some mobility so, from yesterday experience I consider this spec, as SCs one.

Currently thinking what can be done for RANGE solo\small scale, working on full opressor.

Brutinho

Post#4 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:30 pm

As a side note: You have to use the pet and git em as a melee sh, otherwise you won't have access to any sort of burst.

Back on topic: I think you will have a rough time solo roaming/ganking (as ranged)

If you want range spec on a wb, I would recommend slotting pierces defences and use shoot thru ya a couple of times to debuff defenses. You can also spam HD on opposing force dps. As for big shooting I have used it after the buff so I can really tell.

Small scale you can debuff targets for your burst dps class and stay away from the fight as much as you can.
[BG] Amelios RR8X
[SH] Gittens RR8X | [SHM] Moquito RR 6X
[IB] Ambiorix RR 7X
[KOBS] Quarterback RR7X

Stinkyweed

Post#5 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:05 pm

Yes, but it required high RR, good gear, and excellent positioning (often times surfing inside the zerg).

You will need to go full glass and learn how to time stamp Finish em Off and Explodin' Arrer with your main burst dps ability Plink.

Since the removal of the Unshakable Focus M2 it is more difficult, but doable.

If you get caught, you die...plain and simple.

Full Crit, Full WS, rest in BS.
Full WS talismans
Masterful Aim, Pick on Your Own Size, Shootin Wif da Wind, Aim Quickly
Stinkyweed SH.86
Prowl WE.85
Blob Chop.81
Babaganoush Sham.7x
Negative Creep Z.5x
Motley Crue WH.5x

Don't fall asleep...don't fall asleep...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP7uxesyQWo

Swiftly

Post#6 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:44 pm

Thanks for the reply's. After reading a bit more. (Probably should have done that before posting! My apologies) I can see that it is probably not going to work for what I actually want to do in the game.

To bad the SH doesn't have just a bit more dps or burst potential to make it a dps class rather than a buffer.

I know that SW is not really its mirror but from my reading SW seems to have some burst both in Ranged and Melee...

Fey

Post#7 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:24 pm

SH is good when paired with another dps. It's not at sorc/magus levels of wtf DPS in a timestamp. However the class has a ton of tools and is a blast to play. New, aimin quickly, helps the sub 70 spec in that, poison arrer, is usable and worth speccing. It makes up for no long range, rotten arrer.

We run shaman/squig groups all the time and eat faces. Even after, ere we goes again, nerf vis a vis the pet proccing it.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Manatikik

Post#8 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:14 pm

Swiftly wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:44 pm Thanks for the reply's. After reading a bit more. (Probably should have done that before posting! My apologies) I can see that it is probably not going to work for what I actually want to do in the game.

To bad the SH doesn't have just a bit more dps or burst potential to make it a dps class rather than a buffer.

I know that SW is not really its mirror but from my reading SW seems to have some burst both in Ranged and Melee...
SW and SH ranged burst are just about the same at this point. Main difference is SH has better kiting tools and SW brings better utility. In melee SW brings a little better damage and SH a little better utility.

If you play not at EU prime then SH is an excellent choice for roaming. They excel in duo/trio roaming over solo,however, and when matched with a Shammy they are arguably the most potent duo roam combo in the game. Their kite is unstoppable and once you get a rhythm down you will rarely die.
<Montague><Capulet>

Ads
Brutinho

Post#9 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:26 pm

Manatikik wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:14 pm
Swiftly wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:44 pm Thanks for the reply's. After reading a bit more. (Probably should have done that before posting! My apologies) I can see that it is probably not going to work for what I actually want to do in the game.

SW and SH ranged burst are just about the same at this point. Main difference is SH has better kiting tools and SW brings better utility. In melee SW brings a little better damage and SH a little better utility.
That part is debatable

mSH has KD, Disarm, Increase CD debuff
mSW has KD, Disarm, Interrupt, chance to be crit increase debuff, initiative debuff and you are able to use your heal debuff

Wait ... what?
[BG] Amelios RR8X
[SH] Gittens RR8X | [SHM] Moquito RR 6X
[IB] Ambiorix RR 7X
[KOBS] Quarterback RR7X

CountTalabecland

Post#10 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:02 pm

Can confirm Shaman/SH duo is still effective at ganking and solo-roaming and WL with pounce is the only thing that will catch you.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.