Recent Topics

Ads

Choppa DPS vs Black ork DPS

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Asherdoom

Re: Choppa DPS vs Black ork DPS

Post#31 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:00 pm

as per my experience i noticed choppa need a lot of babysitting, unlike marauder or WL for example. IF you get babysitted is a nice class , otherwise is a free kill for the enemy.

Ads
Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#32 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:22 pm

Choppa and slayer are not glass canon if you manage your rage . Don’t forget that in Furious you have no defense penalty and your finish are quite strong . If you never watch at your rage and stay in the red you’re dead .

Pent up rage is a pretty good tactic for any player who wants to stay Furious and use finisher. You’ll have a better survivability trust me.
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Asherdoom

Post#33 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:40 pm

Grunbag wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:22 pm Choppa and slayer are not glass canon if you manage your rage . Don’t forget that in Furious you have no defense penalty and your finish are quite strong . If you never watch at your rage and stay in the red you’re dead .

Pent up rage is a pretty good tactic for any player who wants to stay Furious and use finisher. You’ll have a better survivability trust me.
its not a issue of rage. The classes themselves suck in defence,. Any ranged with good kiting can train you 1v1 no matter how you manage the rage. I've seen loads of situations in open rvr where a choppa is kited to death by SW or AM
other than that, as NON choppa player i just gave my humble opinion nothing more :D

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#34 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:45 pm

Rage matter for your defense a lot. I play slayer and I don’t have more issue against kiter than other mdps . Snare / root breaker + charge work well .
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Ototo

Post#35 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:03 am

Grunbag wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:45 pm Rage matter for your defense a lot. I play slayer and I don’t have more issue against kiter than other mdps . Snare / root breaker + charge work well .
I agree. Also in ppl thinking "omg, look at the bonus I get when furious! Let's stay in the red", and dieing and blaming healers. The only way to heal a choppa/slayer in the red is: having a guard, and 2 healers. At least that's my experience.
Spoiler:

Ysaran

Post#36 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:04 am

Asherdoom wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:40 pm
Grunbag wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:22 pm Choppa and slayer are not glass canon if you manage your rage . Don’t forget that in Furious you have no defense penalty and your finish are quite strong . If you never watch at your rage and stay in the red you’re dead .

its not a issue of rage. The classes themselves suck in defence,. Any ranged with good kiting can train you 1v1 no matter how you manage the rage. I've seen loads of situations in open rvr where a choppa is kited to death by SW or AM
other than that, as NON choppa player i just gave my humble opinion nothing more :D
if you are dual wield you will probably have the pull, really good anti-kiting tool. choppa are notorious not because they are bad but because are bad-played
Zputadenti

wachlarz

Post#37 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:57 am

How much choppa have toughnes in van set ? 180 ? And U talk about def xd its better to fokus choppa then healer. Choppa is free renow for bw/wl/wh.

Ysaran

Post#38 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:38 am

wachlarz wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:57 am How much choppa have toughnes in van set ? 180 ? And U talk about def xd its better to fokus choppa then healer. Choppa is free renow for bw/wl/wh.
180 only if you are not using Dont Wanna Live Foreva, either way it have 70/90 depending from rr, jewel and things. Choppa is squishy, that's a fact but i would not call it freenown. i've killed many wh/bw/am that made the mistake to come too near. you just have to know what to do and against who you have to do it
Zputadenti

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#39 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:32 am

So many bad SL/Choppa, it seems...Choppa has hench wounds, Slayer can get hench armor - but still the 'class is too squishy'!

oaliaen

Post#40 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:39 am

Until you get full invader / vanquisher choppa is really bad , no matter you do.. but these two sets change the game.