Recent Topics

Ads

Choppa DPS vs Black ork DPS

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
peterthepan3

Re: Choppa DPS vs Black ork DPS

Post#11 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:13 am

Wiede wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:09 am Same with my choppa...

I thought choppa is just bad but then i got in a PUG with a guard and awesome heal.

The DPS was unreal and i was first place in dmg and kills with a huge gap to 2nd.

Next round i was solo again... total bullshit.

Never thought choppa is THAT group dependent... but he **** is.

As i'm a fully PUG player, im abandoning my choppa after that for a while and playing something else.
Why not just play with other people and continue having fun and coming first place in dmg and kills? :shock:

Ads
BeautfulToad

Post#12 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:21 am

If you die a lot, just respec into a tankier build. Worth a try until you get a pocket tank/healer?

Wiede

Post#13 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:36 am

peterthepan3 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:13 am
Why not just play with other people and continue having fun and coming first place in dmg and kills? :shock:
I can have the same fun (especially in PUG) with any RDPS without having to build a grp first. So why bother?

zaauk

Post#14 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:25 am

Tank healer or RDPS easier life for solo/PUG.

I play my choppa with friends and logg my SHM or SH for solo/pugs. (I solo on choppa sometimes too, but its HARD).
If you want to solo as a choppa it is easier to zergsurf AoE and eat pots then 1v1 or try smallscale.
BO can also solo either as a 2h or warbandsurf as s&b.
As a healer you can turn PUG scenariosn in to wins.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: Zauk BO // Zauuk Choppa // Zaauuk SHM // Zniggle SH :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

roadkillrobin

Post#15 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:29 am

It's a tricky class to lvl up coz it's super gear dependant aswell as super group dependant. Sorcs/BW that kinda fits into the same catagory for rdps can get by with basicly just a good healer due to ranged dps aswell as ranged crowd controll while mdps is gonna draw all attention to them when you end up in people faces.
Your best bet is to put all your renown points into Reflexes and Deft Defender and try to find oppurtunity to strike rather then trying to force it.

The argument that everything solves itself when you find a group is generally people who's pushing their own agenda in hope for a more vivid premade vs premade scene. It's not that it's wrong, much hassle becomes less so with a proper group but not everyone has the time, dedication or social skills to consistantly be part of a social group. Some people just wants to pick up and play.

peterthepan3

Post#16 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:47 am

Not pushing any agenda so I'm not sure what you're smoking. I am just saying that if the guy enjoyed the Choppa, and enjoyed topping damage/kills/waaagh etc., then why ditch the class just because it isn't particularly solo friendly? Why not, instead, find those players again, or ask for people interested in guarding your butt, so that you can continue killing in spectacular fashion!

Seems a shame, that's all.

oaliaen

Post#17 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:53 am

I hate to die...did i pick the wrong class? NO. Roll a defensive choppa whit some sneaky stikk grenades on it. make order suffer while hits ya!!

WAAAGGHH!!

Aurandilaz

Post#18 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:28 pm

Been leveling my choppa lately, it's fun to play, and even effective under right circumstances (guard + dozen healers)
Yes, it's harder than other possible picks, but whatever, I'm used to dying in pvp game, you just learn to accept rezzes or fast releases.

Anyway, when considering "class choice" - you will consider the risk:reward ratios the class offers, in various settings, and vs various other alternatives.
You have smallscale between 1-3 player fights, where Choppa is just pretty bad - other classes come with better risk:reward ratios. You take too much dmg vs most enemies before being able to achieve fast victory, and well, unless you get jump on AFK enemy... I'd say there are better gank classes.
Groupscale, when properly carried, choppa is "pretty gud", however it is still a question of "why not a mara" if considering a melee train, or why not a ranged dps for relatively safer pewpew? Again, up to your own preferences, if you like being green, taking high risk at front of meleetrain, choppa is gud pick. Lacking guard and heals, well, you're a dead pick.
Warbandscale, well, Choppa again needs to be carried by guard and healers, needs to reach enemy lines (preferably squishy backlines), and at that point you are probably soaking in AoE dots and debuffs and your Guard is asking "pls let me die I cannot take this guard dmg" - but assuming you get those lotsa choppin crits on lowbie healers, its kinda nice pick. Obviously you don't have similar high dmg as a Sorc nor being able to switch between ranged bomb and melee bomb, nor being as tanky and utility packed as mara, but being green and still getting solid crits out on squishies, makes you decent warband pick. Maybe there are less risky picks, but again, if you get guard and heals, its choppin time!

Black Ork is obviously good choice as well, can do well in any setting, though less risky means less rewards - however, sometimes living 20-30 sec longer than a Choppa allows more killing while your HP is above zero. :)

Ads
rmpl

Post#19 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:31 pm

Wiede wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:09 am Same with my choppa...

I thought choppa is just bad but then i got in a PUG with a guard and awesome heal.

The DPS was unreal and i was first place in dmg and kills with a huge gap to 2nd.

Next round i was solo again... total bullshit.

Never thought choppa is THAT group dependent... but he **** is.

As i'm a fully PUG player, im abandoning my choppa after that for a while and playing something else.
fully pug player playing mdps lol

adamthelc

Post#20 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:20 am

Everything is group dependent. Dont play a choppa like you have a guard and pocket heal when you dont.

I pug a fair amount on a slayer and it isnt that bad. There are some scenarios where I dont do much, because there is no point in suiciding when it's not going to accomplish anything. You have to pick your moments.

Choppa is going to have a high damage potential and are probably the softest target on the front line, so they are going to have a high priority, especially if you overextend.

Dont listen to the people who always tell you to target healers first causing you to B line to the other sides back line. The best target is the one you can kill the fastest. If you feel a lot of attention about to be directed at you, find a way to get them to switch off of you.

Let people pick their targets before you engage if you need to. Let them push on you get a kill or two kn the other side then push back. If you push at the front right away even bad groups are going to have no problem collapsing on you and getting rid of you.

It's easy to play a high dps class when you have a guard and good heals so you can do whatever you want. But that doesnt mean you can only provide value in that situation.

So to the OP, Choppa is more fun imo. But good BO to guard the Choppa are needed too and might be a little easier. Just depends on what you want to do.