Recent Topics

Ads

choppa or squig?

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Zod24
Suspended

Re: choppa or squig?

Post#11 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:45 am

Ototo wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 7:11 pm
Lithiid wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 5:08 pm Gbis here ....

Ranged SH is awesome anyone who says different sucks at kiting imho
Translation: I love this class, and have invested an inappropriate amount of time and gold to make it decent. If you think that my ultra-expensive SH is bad is cause you have not see me killing annihilator geared characters.

Btw, this same mediocrity in RDPS and functionality in MDPS happens with the Shadow Warrior. Especially when you compare SH and SW with the others RDPSs of the game, they just don't worth the slot in a warband, and make most of the ranks of PUGs warbands, cause no organized one wants to miss a slot. Simple as that, they are better going with BW/Sorc or AoE engi/magus.
in the hands of mediocre player, ranged sh and sw looks weak, its true.

Ads
BeautfulToad

Post#12 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:39 am

Ranged squig is alright, since they have ranged CC stuff. Choppa will get you to the top of damage leaderboards in SCs though.

Ototo

Post#13 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:54 am

Zod24 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:45 am
Lithiid wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 5:08 pm Gbis here ....

Ranged SH is awesome anyone who says different sucks at kiting imho
Translation: I love this class, and have invested an inappropriate amount of time and gold to make it decent. If you think that my ultra-expensive SH is bad is cause you have not see me killing annihilator geared characters.

Btw, this same mediocrity in RDPS and functionality in MDPS happens with the Shadow Warrior. Especially when you compare SH and SW with the others RDPSs of the game, they just don't worth the slot in a warband, and make most of the ranks of PUGs warbands, cause no organized one wants to miss a slot. Simple as that, they are better going with BW/Sorc or AoE engi/magus.
Looks weak when compared with the AoE potential of Engi/Magus or the DPS of BW/Sorc. It's not about skill. The same person using SH/SW, Engi/Mag, and then BW/Sorc will notice that the ranged trees and dmg of the 1st are a million times worse than those of the 2nd and 3rd.

Now you can try to solve it by playing an inappropriate amount of time a class and call that "experience" instead "skill". Truth is that you just had to pass double the time to reach the same goal.
Spoiler:

BeautfulToad

Post#14 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:37 pm

Ototo wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:54 am
Looks weak when compared with the AoE potential of Engi/Magus or the DPS of BW/Sorc. It's not about skill. The same person using SH/SW, Engi/Mag, and then BW/Sorc will notice that the ranged trees and dmg of the 1st are a million times worse than those of the 2nd and 3rd.

Now you can try to solve it by playing an inappropriate amount of time a class and call that "experience" instead "skill". Truth is that you just had to pass double the time to reach the same goal.
Ranged Squig is okay. Melee squigs seem to do a lot of damage at level 40.

Squig herder is also are a very cool class, they look awesome, and have pet squigs ffs. I do agree they need a bit more though range-wise. Not sure what. SW ranged KD is very nice.

Zod24
Suspended

Post#15 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:39 pm

ranged sh > magus and sorc in a group vs other groups. st dps with marauder assist is very high, and pet morales are very stronk... u only talk about blobby aoe situations where no skill matters anyway

DirkDaring

Post#16 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:38 pm

Depends if you want to be able to knock down people with 7k to 8k hp with 0 Chance to be crit, and kill them while solo, before the knock down wears off, or if you want to pull people through walls, floors, etc, and it cant be defended against except with maybe taunt.

Both are useful, just decide which you would rather do.

oaliaen

Post#17 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:46 pm

randomeclipse wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:47 pm Depends if you like being in Squig form all the time :/.
Thats why i dont play Squig. Even it having moe damage than choppa... it feels very boring.

Ototo

Post#18 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:22 pm

Zod24 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:39 pm

ranged sh > magus and sorc in a group vs other groups. st dps with marauder assist is very high, and pet morales are very stronk... u only talk about blobby aoe situations where no skill matters anyway
Yeah.....No.

Magus is a lot more useful in RvR, cause the thing is that the tools are only in mele range, and I would take any day a Sorc assisting than a SH, for more than double the killing potential thanks to its class mechanic.

And again no.

I'm talking about the ranged SH not having a niche or something spectacular that only it can do. I would rather not speak about its zero AoE potential, but I will add that it simply mounts on the train of reasons why a ranged SH is not used nor needed.
Spoiler:

Ads
chazwozza

Post#19 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:14 am

Zero range area lol have a word with yaself

zulnam

Post#20 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:56 pm

Saying ranged SH is better than magus is plain wrong. Go talk to any organised warband leader. Ask them if they would rather take a ranged SH over a magus. Hell, ask them if they would take a ranged SH at all.

The spec is not completely useless, but you need 1000+ BS to even begin to compete with the other rdps in sense of damage. WS also needs to be pretty high (400+). In all this mix, getting any bit of toughness to actually survive a potato thrown your way is near-impossible.

Nevermind that leveling/low-gear SH don't have anywhere near 1000+ BS, so they will most likely use 'Pick on Yer Own Size' tactic which lowers toughness, giving the SH the resistance of a pillow.

The pet is useful in solo/6-man roam or maybe SCs. In RvR however, even with 'He's A Big One' the pet simply underperforms, often dying in less than a minute to AoE.

I've also seen people diss AoE gameplay in RvR, which is plain snobbery. Massive fights require massive splash damage to get anything done. In this case, ranged SH falls behind again; especially to melee SH which has excellent AoE damage and debuffs. The issue here being that, besides Explodin Arrer, the main AoE rangeSH has is Shoot Thru Ya; the ability is not bad per say, but it requires you to be very close to the action (65 feet or less) for it to hit. It can be used successfully in a choke/funnel situation, but open battlefields will mean you are basically a rdps that requires a guard if you want to use it.

Lastly, the most compent spec for ranged SH uses requires that you have RR 60+, in order to get: Shootin Wif Da Wind, Rotten Arrer, Finish'Em Off. Again, would not be an issue if the class was more competent on it's own.

Ranged SH is not horrible (dammit i love the class), but it is the weakest of all destro dps classes, basically being a debuffer instead of dps. The dps does get better in time as you get better gear (personal highest crit 1.7k), but not the survivability does not. Compare that with other dps classes that become viable as soon as they hit lvl 40 and get Anni/Beastlord sets and you have your answer.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG