Recent Topics

Ads

choppa or squig?

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
gloryhammer

choppa or squig?

Post#1 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:09 am

going to start a new char during this double weekend, but im between both classes ><
which one is more usefull?

Ads
Dammy095

Re: choppa or squig?

Post#2 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:31 am

choppa ofc

Synacy

Post#3 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:58 am

Both can be useful, but I would believe the big determinant here is whether you want to be front or back-line.
Yeah, I used to be that witch elf named Fun

Grimtooth

Post#4 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:42 pm

I've found bouncing spec SH to be both fun and really useful to our warbands in orvr. So much utility. Something like 6k armor on a few of the guys I've talked to as well. Go put those WLs in their place!

zulnam

Post#5 » Wed May 22, 2019 10:48 am

A bit late but just to let future readers know: if you play squig you will play melee anyway.

Range SH is grossly underperforming. The most you can be is a single target debuffer and most organised WBs will have no need for you. In pugs you will be decent at best and in solo almost anything kills you. Some say the build starts to be OK after rr70 but that is a long grind just to be rewarded with mediocrity.

A sad state as i really prefer range SH but there’s no denying melee is the stronger option.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Lithiid

Post#6 » Sat May 25, 2019 5:08 pm

Gbis here ....

Ranged SH is awesome anyone who says different sucks at kiting imho

Ototo

Post#7 » Sat May 25, 2019 7:11 pm

Lithiid wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 5:08 pm Gbis here ....

Ranged SH is awesome anyone who says different sucks at kiting imho
Translation: I love this class, and have invested an inappropriate amount of time and gold to make it decent. If you think that my ultra-expensive SH is bad is cause you have not see me killing annihilator geared characters.

Btw, this same mediocrity in RDPS and functionality in MDPS happens with the Shadow Warrior. Especially when you compare SH and SW with the others RDPSs of the game, they just don't worth the slot in a warband, and make most of the ranks of PUGs warbands, cause no organized one wants to miss a slot. Simple as that, they are better going with BW/Sorc or AoE engi/magus.
Spoiler:

Warfare80

Post#8 » Sat May 25, 2019 10:07 pm

Grimtooth wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:42 pm I've found bouncing spec SH to be both fun and really useful to our warbands in orvr. So much utility. Something like 6k armor on a few of the guys I've talked to as well. Go put those WLs in their place!
These bastards makes my WL look very bad. I loose a bunch of 1v1 fights against them :)
The "look ma, I posted on the forums" award goes to...
Spoiler:
1 *****
2 Warfare80
3 ******************

Ads
Wdova

Post#9 » Mon May 27, 2019 5:36 am

If choppa lose his pull and chop fasta there will be zero reason to even roll choppa. Melee SH has insane table of utilities from all mdps classes acros the board and can crit up to 1,5k on softies. He can pounce, he can charge, he can increase cooldowns, he can self heal, he can knockdown and disarm, he is tanky as hell, He can self punt with AOE snare and even he loose his squig armor he can use AOE knockback at bridges and cliffs which is lethal if lava is around :D

Choppa if fully ofensive has higher dmg outpoot, has melee inc heal debuff(SH has only ranged), and has better AOE due to pull and chop fasta witch decrease cooldowns for all party members by 5s.

I would vote for SH because if you get bored of being pouncing giant angry meatball, You can always spec for range and nuke ppl from distance.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

randomeclipse

Post#10 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:47 pm

Depends if you like being in Squig form all the time :/.