Recent Topics

Ads

choppa or squig?

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
TenTonHammer

Re: choppa or squig?

Post#21 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:09 pm

zulnam wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:56 pm Hell, ask them if they would take a ranged SH at all.

So what happened to shoot through ya/liliths arrow?

iirc wasnt that how SH and SW stayed relevant in WB play?

Ads
Ototo

Post#22 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:55 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:09 pm
zulnam wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:56 pm Hell, ask them if they would take a ranged SH at all.

So what happened to shoot through ya/liliths arrow?

iirc wasnt that how SH and SW stayed relevant in WB play?
This is what happens: https://officialrorbuilder.herokuapp.co ... ,5510,5499

If you can survive more than 1 skill thrown randomly at you with this spec, let me know. Notice that to be relevant you have to give away your range decreaser, your heal debuff, all your defensive tactics, and all your important tactics/skills of the ranged tree. That you have to take Finish'em Off is out of the choices, cause it's your primary source of damage, and you also require the extra range. You are pretty much stuck in this build yes or yes up until rr60-70, when you can pick finally a decent utility kit, yet your tactics will not change, so your survivability will stay the same: https://officialrorbuilder.herokuapp.co ... mt=5538&t=

Let's compare with a Sorc similar utility build: https://officialrorbuilder.herokuapp.co ... ,5390,5387

Having a crap load amount of debuffs stacked, actually going over the top in a show-off build that I would rather not use at this level, doesn't reduce your survivability, neither your AoE potential, nor your single target potential.

Let's go another step forward and check also a Magus utility: https://officialrorbuilder.herokuapp.co ... ,5083,5086

You literally give away nothing, again in a show-off build that goes over the top, and you are still relevant in any fight. You can have all the skills that you want/need without breaking a sweat.
Last edited by Ototo on Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:

peterthepan3

Post#23 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:04 pm

No Agonizing Torrent in the PBAOE DPS spec = lel

No Chaos Unleashed or IFOC in the ST DPS spec = lel

Ototo

Post#24 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:13 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:04 pm No Agonizing Torrent in the PBAOE DPS spec = lel

No Chaos Unleashed or IFOC in the ST DPS spec = lel
Which part of "show-off build that goes over the top and that I would not use" was hard to understand?
Spoiler:

peterthepan3

Post#25 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:18 pm

'You literally give away nothing' - apart from a big AOE DPS steroid, mandatory crit for your ST abilities, and a finisher/much-needed source of AP when you snipe enemies properly with it.

If you wouldn't use this suboptimal spec, then you shouldn't be recommending that others do under the pretense that it can do 'everything'.

@OP: SH/SW used to be pretty dope for WB play during the buggy ES era, it would be great to see them restored to glory in WB scale (they are nowhere near as bad for 6-man as people make out).

Ototo

Post#26 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:30 pm

Ototo wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:55 pm
(..) actually going over the top in a show-off build that I would rather not use at this level

(..)

You literally give away nothing, again in a show-off build that goes over the top (..)
If you need me to put it in capitals, let me know. It's always nice to help a person to gain reading comprehension.
Spoiler:

peterthepan3

Post#27 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:40 pm

'You literally give away nothing, again in a show-off build that goes over the top, and you are still relevant in any fight. '

You aren't relevant in smallscale with no Chaos Unleashed or IFOC, you aren't optimal in organised WB with no Agonizing Torrent to help pump out PBAOE DPS (which is your role as a Riftbot: you are a DPS that provides Rift), you don' have the 15% damage tactic, too. You do give away a lot using such a spec (already mentioned above what you'd miss).

Just being honest. Maybe this works in some unorganised environment, but this won't pull its weight in high-end.

Ototo

Post#28 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:48 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:40 pm (..)
Just being honest. (..)
Not really, just you trying to jump on me and insult at any chance that you have, and using your typical Black-or-White logical fallacy (if X happens, or like in this situation X is not there, a catastrophe will happen). Nothing new under the sun.
Spoiler:

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#29 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:20 pm

Ototo wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:48 pm
Just being honest. (..)
Not really, just you trying to jump on me and insult at any chance that you have, and using your typical Black-or-White logical fallacy (if X happens, or like in this situation X is not there, a catastrophe will happen). Nothing new under the sun.
Meh. You can either cry 'wolf!' at every opportunity, accuse me of insulting you - or you can accept criticism of your suggested specs (and the comments attached to them), and defend your choices. I told you how those specs were suboptimal, how they won't work in proper situations, but you are yet to convince me otherwise.

Ototo

Post#30 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:52 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:20 pm
Ototo wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:48 pm
Just being honest. (..)
Meh. You can either cry 'wolf!' at every opportunity, accuse me of insulting you - or you can accept criticism of your suggested specs (and the comments attached to them), and defend your choices. I told you how those specs were suboptimal, how they won't work in proper situations, but you are yet to convince me otherwise.
Which was not a suggested spec but a display that with the same amount of points you can get more than one build in Magus and Sorc, while in SH you are pretty much forced to a single choice, as was stated in the post you refer not once, but several times.

I'm done flowing this thread with the same explanation that was given in such post, pointed out by me every time, and completely ignored by you.
Spoiler: