Recent Topics

Ads

[BO]Looking for help

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Napz12

[BO]Looking for help

Post#1 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 am

So I started a BO and been reading SNB isn't where it is but I kind of want to play it for a bit or at least till I'm Max and into rvr. So was wondering if there is a good spec and guide out there to go off of? Thanks

Ads
TenTonHammer

Re: [BO]Looking for help

Post#2 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:39 am

Napz12 wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 am So I started a BO and been reading SNB isn't where it is
So.. im not exactly sure where you heard this but im pretty sure that SnB BO is still pretty solid

Yes one of our strongest DPS abilities Tree hit combo requires a 2H now but you can still put out good assist dps for your mdps thanks to skull thumper and our wounds buff affects our allies which is pretty cool.

On top of that we've still got a good secondary panic button with You Wot? on top of our other one with cant hit me

Now the trick to leveling is actully pretty funny and very easy for BO, You grab cant hit me, slot good wif shield, da biggest, rugged and stop hitta da runts and max block rr with renown

then go to an area with a lot of mobs like the giant pq at krak kradin by greenskin chapter 22

Taunt/aggro a lot of mobs with challange + big swing

then you just use cant hit me with da biggest aura active, you will basically block almost every attack with 70% block, every block attack huts the mobs, triggers da biggest which gives you more AP to keep channeling cant hit me, if you want a bit more dps you can slot loudmouth
its a bit boring but very easy

if you want more advice look in here, a lota good BO players got toghter a lot in this thread and talked a lot about build related stuff:

viewtopic.php?f=71&t=10700

Napz12

Post#3 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:52 pm

Thanks a lot for the help. The tread is quite evolved and I kind of feel lost. But a lot of good information none the less. I was really looking for more of a spec/tree to follow but all of them seem to not specify if there using shields and I wasn't sure. If you have any spec to go off of that would help. Thanks again

Nefarian78

Post#4 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:08 pm

They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

Collateral

Post#5 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:26 pm

Ummm, don't go to ch 22 pqs. Those are designed for full warbands and have hard hitting champions and mobs, you won't last one minute in there alone. Also that bo thread is very old and a lot of stuff doesn't apply anymore.

RoR.builders - Black Orc This is a build that focuses around group utility. Using waaagh tactic will reduce your groups cooldowns, which is very important both in rvr and small scale. You want to use block tactic, cd decrease, rugged/wounds, and last one depends on what you want. It's not necessary to take big brawling as it's a bit lackluster. You can instead take knock down from right tree (down ya go), and use morale pump tactic or loudmouth for a bit more damage. Later on as you gain renown ranks, go for not in da face.

In rvr or scenarios, you want to be using da biggest. If you're solo farming mobs, use da toughest so you can heal yourself. As mentioned, can't hit me and ap tactic will give you infinite ap pretty much, as long as you have enough mobs on you.

As far as gear goes, try to get gear for your rank so you get as much boost from bolster as you can (and put some talis in as well). In t4, start with entry sets, ruin and anni. They are not bad at all for starter sets. I would advise to mix them so you can get both armour and toughness bonuses. Get the winds impervious jewllery set. Best weapons are from scenarios, but t4 epic quest weapons are quite good as well as they have procs (I would recommend to take the taunt proc 2h weapon from one of the quests cuz in the future you might want to go 2h build, and that weapon is very nice, you won't regret it like I did :C). For talis go armour, toughness and maybe some initiative if your ini is bellow 250.

For renown points, max out block and parry. Then put the rest into deft defender and futile strikes. That should make you sufficiently tanky.

Napz12

Post#6 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:35 pm

Thanks Collateral I like the way its working and can't wait to get maxed out and see how well it does as for going 2H I still don't know seeing how I just like the ideal of SnB.

zzzRevanzzz

Post#7 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:01 am

Spoiler:
Collateral wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:26 pm Ummm, don't go to ch 22 pqs. Those are designed for full warbands and have hard hitting champions and mobs, you won't last one minute in there alone. Also that bo thread is very old and a lot of stuff doesn't apply anymore.

RoR.builders - Black Orc This is a build that focuses around group utility. Using waaagh tactic will reduce your groups cooldowns, which is very important both in rvr and small scale. You want to use block tactic, cd decrease, rugged/wounds, and last one depends on what you want. It's not necessary to take big brawling as it's a bit lackluster. You can instead take knock down from right tree (down ya go), and use morale pump tactic or loudmouth for a bit more damage. Later on as you gain renown ranks, go for not in da face.

In rvr or scenarios, you want to be using da biggest. If you're solo farming mobs, use da toughest so you can heal yourself. As mentioned, can't hit me and ap tactic will give you infinite ap pretty much, as long as you have enough mobs on you.

As far as gear goes, try to get gear for your rank so you get as much boost from bolster as you can (and put some talis in as well). In t4, start with entry sets, ruin and anni. They are not bad at all for starter sets. I would advise to mix them so you can get both armour and toughness bonuses. Get the winds impervious jewllery set. Best weapons are from scenarios, but t4 epic quest weapons are quite good as well as they have procs (I would recommend to take the taunt proc 2h weapon from one of the quests cuz in the future you might want to go 2h build, and that weapon is very nice, you won't regret it like I did :C). For talis go armour, toughness and maybe some initiative if your ini is bellow 250.

For renown points, max out block and parry. Then put the rest into deft defender and futile strikes. That should make you sufficiently tanky.
Maybe you can help with SnB (and maybe off-tank) specs for PVE dungeons? What to do vs trash champions mobs (i mean rotation of skillz) and vs Bosses, what morales should i use. What talis and RR points. :?: Ty

TenTonHammer

Post#8 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:52 pm

zzzRevanzzz wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:01 am
Maybe you can help with SnB (and maybe off-tank) specs for PVE dungeons? What to do vs trash champions mobs (i mean rotation of skillz) and vs Bosses, what morales should i use. What talis and RR points. :?: Ty
SnB
https://officialrorbuilder.herokuapp.co ... ,4462,4473

Waaaagh for more AoE dps or we Is bigger for 10% dmg reduction, can’t hit me is your panic button loudmouth or SYG

Offtank is just 2H spec
https://officialrorbuilder.herokuapp.co ... ,4483,4488

The morale are same regardless of build

Just assist your dps, debuff armor, buff your mdps WS use big swig to steal stars in an AoE and proc loudmouth have skullthumper up on the targets being attacked

If your main tanking just spam clobber and taunt, all you need to do is worry about holding aggr
Higher rr grab absorb bubble and gork smash pick between gork smash and loud mouth

If your The main tank all you need to do is worry about is holding aggro spam clobber and taunt off cd

Ads
zzzRevanzzz

Post#9 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:22 pm

Spoiler:
TenTonHammer wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:52 pm
SnB

Waaaagh for more AoE dps or we Is bigger for 10% dmg reduction, can’t hit me is your panic button loudmouth or SYG

Offtank is just 2H spec

Just assist your dps, debuff armor, buff your mdps WS use big swig to steal stars in an AoE and proc loudmouth have skullthumper up on the targets being attacked

If your main tanking just spam clobber and taunt, all you need to do is worry about holding aggr
Higher rr grab absorb bubble and gork smash pick between gork smash and loud mouth

If your The main tank all you need to do is worry about is holding aggro spam clobber and taunt off cd
Thank you very much! :)

rmpl

Post#10 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:24 pm

zzzRevanzzz wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:22 pm
Spoiler:
TenTonHammer wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:52 pm
SnB

Offtank is just 2H spec

Thank you very much! :)
also make sure to use armour talis instead of toughness, touhgness is worthless in pve. Mixing sets with armour bonuses can yield good results (ruin+redeye etc)