Recent Topics

Ads

Kudos to ROR

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Qwack

Kudos to ROR

Post#1 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:42 pm

Just want to say "Kudos to ROR" for the new Shammy DPS changes. I had mothballed this account back in May of last year, but the recent changes make a DPS Shammy viable again. The fix to Shrug It Off is most welcome, it actually works now. The new tactic Touch of Gork is spot on and finally gives this class some occasional spike damage. Increasing the cooldown on Bunch of Waagh in unison with the Touch of Gork tactic keeps it from being OP. Well balanced, very useful.

Thanks, am playing ROR again after being gone almost a year :).
Destro: [Agony] Qwack Shammy 80+, Krakkenn Chosen 79 and Mincer Choppa 70+
Order: [Kill Team] Krakken Knight 80+

Ads
Qwack

Re: Kudos to ROR

Post#2 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:03 pm

Eh, one more thing... It appears something positive has happened with Renown Gain at some point. Am actually see my Renown bar move somewhat at 60+ :).

reactor24

Post#3 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:46 pm

wat build u playin mate?
Agostinah : Shadow Warrior | Dozo : Witch Hunter

"Show you the difference 'tween my gun and my pistol"

Qwack

Post#4 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:50 pm

I run pure solo, not sure if other Shammies want to do that, but... With the additional 20% reduction in heals from Touch of Gork I run up the Mork path to Do Something Useful to counter it. I of course take Sticky and Heal debuff too.

I have noticed that my old style of pounding Brain Bursta twice to get one off, then start Bunch of Waagh with a delayed Brain Bursta lagging in after the first tic of Bunch of Waagh is not working like it used to. Its stopping a full Bunch of Waagh now. Something has changed since I last played in May.

I double pre-cast Do Something Useful and Eye Quit Bleeding to build up 4 points of Waagh. This keeps my damage at a faster rate than just opening with damage. But sometimes there is no time so just go for it. :)

Qwack

Post#5 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:00 pm

One more thought... I advise against having a set 1234 formula for Shammies. This class has too much utility to ignore. Your opening will depend on the opponent ground movement and what support is on your target.

Now for AMs, 4 dots then burn is still best. The AMs get a +25% strikethrough (shammies get 0, ugh) so although they are supposed to be mirrored, its really not. DPS AM > DPS Shammy but these little green buggers are still fun :)

Qwack

Post#6 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:19 pm

Eh, my bust, Correction... The +15% strikethrough tactic has been removed for AMs since I played last May. Been a while :).

Also, am not really using Touch of Gork much now after trying it out a few days (as solo). The zerg is too heavy during the day to lose another 20% healing for Solo play. Am just using my old balanced build. But, in a small man or 6 man, it would rock.