Recent Topics

Ads

[BO] DYG vs NitF

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Neil

[BO] DYG vs NitF

Post#1 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:34 pm

What‘s your Choice?
SL NEILOR RR7X | BO NEILER RR7X

Ads
rmpl

Re: [BO] DYG vs NitF

Post#2 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:52 pm

I used to run DYG for pugging and NIDF when running with a premade but after recent changes I might stick to DYG all the time because it was moved to Da Boss! tree and:
a) Rock 'Ard just got mirrored and it's very strong, it allows you to switch stances without a target. Basically your second Changin' Da Plan!
b) Follow 'me lead is in that tree. At nine points in the tree it increases your WS and your friendly target's by 102 which is huge. It becomes your new main No Plan! ability.
c) because you spec into Da Boss your Da Greenest is stronger and it's a great tool if you don't have a chosen and you're getting focused or severely outnumbered
d) easy access to Big Brawlin! tactic (which I am not a big fan of and probably won't use but it's still an open possibility)

Neil

Post#3 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:43 pm

I run the same so far. You mentioned some good Points 👍🏻

Collateral

Post#4 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:49 am

Also going up to da boss tree increases shut yer face damage. So now I might even try the tactic for syf again and get some sweet burst going. Paired with another full boss bo with cd tactic, you could really be putting out a world of hurt.

This could be a funny build also RoR.builders - Black Orc (not using big swing tactic, but not bad to have if you really need it). Though you wouldn't be running gabc nor you wot so your survivability would be a bit questionable. You could change gork smash for rugged so you could be at least somewhat tankier.

Neil

Post#5 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:22 pm

Collateral wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:49 am Also going up to da boss tree increases shut yer face damage. So now I might even try the tactic for syf again and get some sweet burst going. Paired with another full boss bo with cd tactic, you could really be putting out a world of hurt.
Are you satisfied with "Can Youz Hear Me now?" I'm still rotating between CYHMN / SYG / Loudmouth

As a returning player I'm not up to date whats the best option today.

Collateral

Post#6 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:30 pm

Neil wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:22 pm Are you satisfied with "Can Youz Hear Me now?" I'm still rotating between CYHMN / SYG / Loudmouth

Usually I never use it. I would use it if I had another bo with cd tactic like I said, or maybe if I just wanna do some silly builds like the one I posted. I stopped using loudmouth almost completely, replaced it with syg. Though I never really tested which one gives me better damage. Syg would be a better choice for higher burst, it's the only way to reach 1,8-2k crits (unless you cap str somehow, which in itself is not quite easy to do, but then you stop functioning as a tank, at which point you can just reroll). And now that dyg is in boss tree, it's even better.

I still wouldn't replace any tactic I use with cyhmn. Atm I'm using rugged, gabc, gs, syg. Rugged is there cuz I still want to remain tanky to some extent. Having 300 toughness as a tank is a no go for me, 500 is my minimum. So cyhmn would be usefull if you want more burst, but you will be less tanky. But if you have a really good group that can keep you alive once the enemy notices you're squishier, go for it. I used to run it back when dyg gave you chop fasta buff. You could do some crazy damage with that, since it also gave you a 0s cd thc.

rmpl

Post#7 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:40 pm

Neil wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:22 pm
Collateral wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:49 am Also going up to da boss tree increases shut yer face damage. So now I might even try the tactic for syf again and get some sweet burst going. Paired with another full boss bo with cd tactic, you could really be putting out a world of hurt.
Are you satisfied with "Can Youz Hear Me now?" I'm still rotating between CYHMN / SYG / Loudmouth

In my opinion SYG is a core tactic and should never be replaced, along with Guud at Big Choppin! and Gork Smash!. Now when it comes to 4th tactic there are three viable choices for me:
1) Loudmouth - people really underestimate that tactic, its damage really adds up. I ran it for over a year before You Wot! got added though right now it's my least favourite choice.
2) Unstoppable Juggernaut - CC can get really annoying, if you get slowed then punted and you don't have your Juggernaut off cooldown then most likely someone on your team will be dying. Also you can cleanse You Wot! exhaustion slow with it.
3) I'm Da Biggest! - my tactic of choice most of the time because it synergies really well with You Wot!, it goes without saying that it's good to have more wounds if your defences are high. It also helps to counter wounds debuffs, without the tactic I have about 7730 health and a KOTBS can put me into 6k range which is pretty dangerous. Of course I don't run it all the time - if your healers are good, if you aren't focused or pressured then I switch to UJ/Loudmouth.

Not a big fan of CYHMN because:
1) It's a silence and thus, if the target doesn't have immunity on them, you will be giving out free 40s immunity. Knockdown is a better form of CC, and the majority of us only use the silence if they really have to and their DYG is on cooldown, so most of the time you'll be trying to avoid using it on targets without immunity which is pretty annoying.
2) It has 15s cooldown which is huge considering you have to spend a tactic slot on an ability which can be used only every 15s but there are other constriction such as:
- the aforementioned immunity
- the fact that the ability requires Da Best Plan!
3) ... because it's a Best Plan ability it will **** up your Skull Thumper up-keep. Let me demonstrate the BO rotation with a video:
https://gfycat.com/IdealNextAmurratsnake
And let me explain what's going on. So we start our usual rotation with an armour debuff, then we can either slow or use Changin' Da Plan to and use a Skullthumper. Next rotation Rock Ard', slow/Changing Da plan (depending which you used first) and Three Hit Combo. As you can see, by the time I finish my Three Hit Combo the Skull Thumper duration is almost over which means you should be reapplying it unless you want to suffer from a dps decrease. Now this raises the question - is it worth it to use Shut Yer Face instead? Yes and no, it depends on a scenario but if the target is getting focused you should really be worried about up-keeping your Skullthumper but if you're all by yourself then SYF might be a better choice but you also need to consider the downsides from point 1) and point 2) and ask yourself whether that's really worth it.

Neil

Post#8 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:41 pm

thank you bouth!

Ads