Recent Topics

Ads

BO/SM thread

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
rmpl

Re: BO/SM thread

Post#11 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:36 pm

Kurama wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:29 pm The trade off is BO looks badass, probably the best looks in the game. While SMs well...

You bring up NIDF ans 6v6. I thought the KD was the way to go since meta is to kill dps not healers?
I agree on the looks. When it comes to NIDF: other tanks can kd, some dps classes can kd but NIDF is a tool unique to BOs and I'd choose it over KD any day. It can be used defensively to reduce the enemy's dps output.

Ads
Ugle

Post#12 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:48 pm

Dont' forget M1 armor debuff stacks with Wot armor? Much better synergy than M1 armor debuff for SM.

That said, SM has the edge while BO got the looks
inactive

MayoDaen78

Post#13 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:50 am

rmpl wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:07 pm
I'm not asking for THC to become magical damage, just pointing it out how ridiculous it is for SMs to have Ether Dance deal spiritual on top of a huge spiritual damage debuff. Let's also not forget that THC got nerfed by making it 2h only. In reality, BO has no other advantage over SM than Not In Da Face! and several disadvantages.
What do you mean THC got nerfed ?? it was made that way by the devs, so that it is inline with SM ED, we can only use ED with 2h , we cannot use it with Sword and Board, and it's always been like that and none of us SM complained about ED being a 2h skill only.
Ezraim - SM 7x
Tessaline - WP 5x
Binary - BW 6x

anarchypark

Post#14 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:49 am

your list of ' why SM have this and that while BO don't '
it's because they are different class.

mirror is not simple,
mythic mixed it everywhere.
if goal was dealing 1k dmg,
everyone have different path to get there.

chosen have most magic attacks among destro tanks, I guess chosen is magic dmg mirror of sm.
while mechanic is BO/SM.

elf mage warrior vs chosen of magic god.
wielding weapons to reflect attacks fit elves.
make sense?
since you don't care much about warhammer themes ( heavy armored magical ork? ), try elf SM.

you'll find weakness of enemies.
and grasses are not greener.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

rmpl

Post#15 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:38 am

MayoDaen78 wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:50 am
rmpl wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:07 pm
I'm not asking for THC to become magical damage, just pointing it out how ridiculous it is for SMs to have Ether Dance deal spiritual on top of a huge spiritual damage debuff. Let's also not forget that THC got nerfed by making it 2h only. In reality, BO has no other advantage over SM than Not In Da Face! and several disadvantages.
What do you mean THC got nerfed ?? it was made that way by the devs, so that it is inline with SM ED, we can only use ED with 2h , we cannot use it with Sword and Board, and it's always been like that and none of us SM complained about ED being a 2h skill only.
Dare I say THC worked that way because SM had and still has multiple advantages over BO and it's their own fault for never complaining about it, what kind of excuse is it? We didn't complain about it? Well too bad, you could've and should've. I never really used shield on my BO but the fact that it got changed put the class in an even worse position and that fact can't be ignored.
anarchypark wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:49 am your list of ' why SM have this and that while BO don't '
it's because they are different class.

mirror is not simple,
mythic mixed it everywhere.
if goal was dealing 1k dmg,
everyone have different path to get there.

chosen have most magic attacks among destro tanks, I guess chosen is magic dmg mirror of sm.
while mechanic is BO/SM.

elf mage warrior vs chosen of magic god.
wielding weapons to reflect attacks fit elves.
make sense?
since you don't care much about warhammer themes ( heavy armored magical ork? ), try elf SM.

you'll find weakness of enemies.
and grasses are not greener.
Chosen do laughable damage despite their magical damage and don't start me on the lore because you are simply clueless when it comes to it. There is nothing magical about swordmasters, they are very good warriors indeed but it was Mythic's idea to make them do magical damage. Naturally you could explain it by saying "their swords are enchanted" but I could reply back to that by saying that chaos dwarves could've enchanted BO's weapons. Do not ever bring roleplaying into balance discussion, this is not Bitterstone Thunderers meeting.

anarchypark

Post#16 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:19 am

indeed i need more lore studying.
I thought you started with 'this is not balance proposal'
well, feel free to discard my opinion.
i'll leave it to more suitable players.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Alfinnete
Banned

Post#17 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:17 am

Well, if you're looking for equality between classes you're in the wrong game. WH has never been and will hardly be a game about mirrors exactly alike. Why do you think they never finish the balance of classes from the live?

BO and SM are just another case, open the career builder and analyze the classes of the factions and give up the game or accept it as it is.

Unfortunately, this is the reality of both WH and RoR.

rmpl

Post#18 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:25 am

I wanted to write a small update on the subject of SM vs BO, namely that I am finally content when it comes to the balance of these classes! Balance team you can lay rest for I no longer will be writing essays on how terrible my class is. The changes you have made were right on point and resolved ALL the issues I presented in the thread. I am now willing to accept the spirit damage and WODS due to the fact how powerful You Wot! is right now thanks you your changes and I feel like the classes are truly and finally balanced.

On top of that, you brought back my faith in the team; it made me realise that you people actually listen to the feedback if it's presented in a written form supported by evidence and arguments, moreover, your changes made Black Orc much more enjoyable and less rage-inducing and I'll never be able to thank for that because it's the class I'm currently playing 24/7 and it feels amazing right now.

Ads
Mercenary

Post#19 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:15 am

So you stop whining now O.O? If the bo where so bad compared to the sm.