Recent Topics

Ads

Squig Herder

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Athergic

Re: Squig Herder

Post#51 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:41 pm

Lesnoj wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:32 am
Athergic wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:21 am
rmpl wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:00 pm
What makes it OP?
I would write you a list, but in the end it's just my opinion and I know that it is not shared by most around here.
I would suggest watching the last Matrik video I did, that pretty much summed it up for me.
They can be incredibly potent, very easy to play now as well. This is just my opinion from my experience as a melee squig herder ex main.
Interesting video I dont know a single class that have such mobility and dmg and can solo 3 playes wit RR 65-66
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opWCTZ_wVXQ
I agree with you, thanks for the response.
Doom Diver front man
videos: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=24708

Ads
Orontes

Post#52 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:41 am

yacoucou wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:10 am Lets replace some thruth in the debate :
SH in squig armor mode cant throw the hd arrow, u ve to do it on "regular" stance then transform back to melee wich will take you 10s (cd on stance switch), means your 9s hd nearly faded ...
SH have a CD on their pounce (10s actually) not removable by any tactic like White lions playing without pet...
"Outta my way" channeling spell has an animation, you can see some "wind" around the SH player, like a vacuum, wich is interruptable.
Regarding on your damage argument Grog, our friend "Balloon" is annoying well, but his dps is really inconsistent. I assumed that if you detaunt him there ll be even no chance he solo kill you as a healer.
Nice to see a rational post. Typically these kind of whine treads are a mixture are crying, confusion and bad players unable or unwilling to come to terms with their crappiness.

Athergic

Post#53 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:57 am

Orontes wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:41 am
yacoucou wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:10 am Lets replace some thruth in the debate :
SH in squig armor mode cant throw the hd arrow, u ve to do it on "regular" stance then transform back to melee wich will take you 10s (cd on stance switch), means your 9s hd nearly faded ...
SH have a CD on their pounce (10s actually) not removable by any tactic like White lions playing without pet...
"Outta my way" channeling spell has an animation, you can see some "wind" around the SH player, like a vacuum, wich is interruptable.
Regarding on your damage argument Grog, our friend "Balloon" is annoying well, but his dps is really inconsistent. I assumed that if you detaunt him there ll be even no chance he solo kill you as a healer.
Nice to see a rational post. Typically these kind of whine treads are a mixture are crying, confusion and bad players unable or unwilling to come to terms with their crappiness.
Glad to see your outlook on things, even though your given false information. Squig herders can slot all by myself and have no cooldown on pounce, even with a pet active making it a really good tactic, cuz dats two fings.
Doom Diver front man

Sulorie

Post#54 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:01 am

Athergic wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:57 am
Glad to see your outlook on things, even though your given false information. Squig herders can slot all by myself and have no cooldown on pounce, even with a pet active making it a really good tactic, cuz dats two fings.
You reported the bug you just described? Any loner spec gives you additional dmg and no cd pounce for the price of not using pets and a tanky melee SH spec needs the pet. For WL it afaik prevents the player from summoning the pet.
Dying is no option.

Orontes

Post#55 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:19 pm

The All by Myself tactic that both WLs and Melee Squigs have access to gives 25% damage, but doesn't allow the benefits of a pet. For a melee squig this means no armor boost and they are unable to use any ability that requires a squig. This includes blocking them from using their hardest hitting ability.

This thread has:

A fellow complaining because a melee squig was annoying him in the backlines of an engagement.
A focus on one melee squig that has a super tanky build and so is hard to take down.

These issues are neither interesting or of substance.

The melee squig as a viable option for SHs is basically new. It is the first time Order players have had to face an equivalent to Pounce. Most would benefit from learning the strengths of the class and it's weaknesses before starting or joining a whine-fest.

Athergic

Post#56 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:20 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:01 am
You reported the bug you just described? Any loner spec gives you additional dmg and no cd pounce for the price of not using pets and a tanky melee SH spec needs the pet. For WL it afaik prevents the player from summoning the pet.
I don't know if it's a bug, all the bug reports I've submitted haven't really gone anywhere so I'll let someone else if they think it is.

all I know is you can slot all by myself, and pounce all day even with your pet out. And then ditch your pet to benefit from the damage increase and no cd pounce as well.
Doom Diver front man

Athergic

Post#57 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:27 pm

Orontes wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:19 pm

The All by Myself tactic that both WLs and Melee Squigs have access to gives 25% damage, but doesn't allow the benefits of a pet. For a melee squig this means no armor boost and they are unable to use any ability that requires a squig. This includes blocking them from using their hardest hitting ability.

This thread has:

A fellow complaining because a melee squig was annoying him in the backlines of an engagement.
A focus on one melee squig that has a super tanky build and so is hard to take down.

The melee squig as a viable option for SHs is basically new. It is the first time Order players have had to face an equivalent to Pounce. Most would benefit from learning the strengths of the class and it's weaknesses before starting or joining a whine-fest.
Are you saying you cannot benefit from using a pet while using all by my self? Because you can on squig herder. I used to slot it and still use my pet, and eat or blow up my pet for some xtra damage, worked well with I got lots, kind of made a 10 second 25% damage buff before bringing my pet back out.

I think people should really know what they are talking about before calling other players whiners.

All right, just saw some patch notes, so I might be wrong at this point in time. But as of last night when I was just testing all this stuff to be sure I was right dang it!
Doom Diver front man

Orontes

Post#58 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:48 pm

Athergic wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:27 pm

This thread has:

Are you saying you cannot benefit from using a pet while using all by my self? Because you can on squig herder. I used to slot it and still use my pet, and eat or blow up my pet for some xtra damage, worked well with I got lots, kind of made a 10 second 25% damage buff before bringing my pet back out.

I think people should really know what they are talking about before calling other players whiners.

All right, just saw some patch notes, so I might be wrong at this point in time. But as of last night when I was just testing all this stuff to be sure I was right dang it!
All by Myself " doesn't allow the benefits of a pet." This refers to the benefits a given pet would otherwise apply to the SH while having the 25% damage buff. This is tied to the tool tip itself: "You deal 25% more damage when no pet is present". So, for example, the armor buff of the horned squig would not apply and have the 25% damage boost. This does not say one may not benefit in some way from using a pet while using All by Myself. It addresses access to the pet qualities. You either didn't read carefully enough, or are simply being argumentative. I suspect the later.

This thread remains a study of whiners who would be better served by sucking it up instead of rushing to the forums because something didn't go the way they wanted it on some occasion.

Ads
Warblorc

Post#59 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:18 am

Orontes wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:48 pm

This thread has:

All by Myself " doesn't allow the benefits of a pet." This refers to the benefits a given pet would otherwise apply to the SH while having the 25% damage buff. This is tied to the tool tip itself: "You deal 25% more damage when no pet is present". So, for example, the armor buff of the horned squig would not apply and have the 25% damage boost. This does not say one may not benefit in some way from using a pet while using All by Myself. It addresses access to the pet qualities. You either didn't read carefully enough, or are simply being argumentative. I suspect the later.

This thread remains a study of whiners who would be better served by sucking it up instead of rushing to the forums because something didn't go the way they wanted it on some occasion.
I think destro as a whole has been sucking up on order buffs for a few months now. As for this being a legit buff to SA it is not. In regards to the OP clearly he has no idea of what destro faces with imbalances from order with this assertion. But when you have numbers and the better end of the buffs; why not call the weaker side whiners. Makes things more discouraging.

Orontes

Post#60 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:35 am

Warblorc wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:18 am
Orontes wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:48 pm

I think destro as a whole has been sucking up on order buffs for a few months now. As for this being a legit buff to SA it is not. In regards to the OP clearly he has no idea of what destro faces with imbalances from order with this assertion. But when you have numbers and the better end of the buffs; why not call the weaker side whiners. Makes things more discouraging.
I don't understand the above post. Since it quotes me, I will reply. The thread has been a general criticism of melee squigs. I noted two major challenges mentioned:

1) a melee squig annoyed one of the posters in the backlines of a fight
2) a certain tanky melee squig player being hard to kill

I replied, I don't think these are either interesting or substantive challenges. I think they are basically whiny. I have also replied to a few posts on the nature of the tactic All by Myself.