Recent Topics

Ads

Squig Herder

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Glorian

Re: Squig Herder

Post#41 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:21 am

Took us yesterday only 12 Engis to kill Baloon before he was out of range.

Ads
Lesnoj

Post#42 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:27 am

To be honest for me having a fight with a melee SH is a nightmare and annoying and I don’t think that I can consider myself as a person that don’t know how to play WL. Killing his pet is not a solution because even if you kill his pet you have less than 50% left and compare how long an SH can stay alive this dmg is quite high and I am not counting pots + new spawn pet. I always thought that RDPS are mend to die in melee combat and counter class to RDPS are MDPS, but I guess not in this game. Why do Sorcs can’t have a build that can fight 1v1 in melee fight? I agree that RDPS should have some mechanics that allow them to run away or to break engagement in melee, but be a melee DPS or Tank and then switch to range is weird IMO.

Sulorie

Post#43 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:57 am

Lesnoj wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:27 am To be honest for me having a fight with a melee SH is a nightmare and annoying and I don’t think that I can consider myself as a person that don’t know how to play WL. Killing his pet is not a solution because even if you kill his pet you have less than 50% left and compare how long an SH can stay alive this dmg is quite high and I am not counting pots + new spawn pet. I always thought that RDPS are mend to die in melee combat and counter class to RDPS are MDPS, but I guess not in this game. Why do Sorcs can’t have a build that can fight 1v1 in melee fight? I agree that RDPS should have some mechanics that allow them to run away or to break engagement in melee, but be a melee DPS or Tank and then switch to range is weird IMO.
Melee sh are as much rdps as dmg am/sham are healers.
You fight a mobile tank class, which outlasts you, if they got def spec or a mdps with high mobility.
Dying is no option.

rmpl

Post#44 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:59 pm

Seems like this thread about a single person and not the class itself. The person who plays Balloon is just a very good player and those familiar with him know well he can make any class shine.

Athergic

Post#45 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:49 pm

I think it's pretty OP now and I mained the spec for years before the big change. It probably hasn't been toned down more, because it lacks in big damage for 6 man groups.
Doom Diver front man
videos: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=24708

rmpl

Post#46 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:00 pm

Athergic wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:49 pm I think it's pretty OP now and I mained the spec for years before the big change. It probably hasn't been toned down more, because it lacks in big damage for 6 man groups.
What makes it OP?

Ashoris

Post#47 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:09 pm

rmpl wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:59 pm Seems like this thread about a single person and not the class itself. The person who plays Balloon is just a very good player and those familiar with him know well he can make any class shine.
True, but like melee DoKs and Hybrid AM's in the past this way of playstyle overperforms massive vs PuG grps and even better due to the design of some Scenarios :)
It is clear that the combination of this tankiness, mobility and CC ability is just broken in sc's like black crag keep, Doomfist Crater or Tor Anroc :))

i have no problem playing against him in fullgrp (he is annoying Gatlin anyway :)) )
but in a PuG SC it is just broken because not a single class can counter it, you can't kill him, you cant slow him or cc him to a useful degree - all you can do is write in chat that your team has to ignore him and hope for the best.

i am not mad at him, it is very cool to have someone thinking different, but sometimes he is the reason i am mad at my fellow Order Players because they cant stop tryin to kill him !!! :)
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras

Athergic

Post#48 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:21 am

rmpl wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:00 pm
Athergic wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:49 pm I think it's pretty OP now and I mained the spec for years before the big change. It probably hasn't been toned down more, because it lacks in big damage for 6 man groups.
What makes it OP?
I would write you a list, but in the end it's just my opinion and I know that it is not shared by most around here.
I would suggest watching the last Matrik video I did, that pretty much summed it up for me.
They can be incredibly potent, very easy to play now as well. This is just my opinion from my experience as a melee squig herder ex main.
Doom Diver front man
videos: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=24708

Ads
Sulorie

Post#49 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:42 am

Ashoris wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:09 pm

but sometimes he is the reason i am mad at my fellow Order Players because they cant stop tryin to kill him !!! :)
Don't feel bad for being mad at your realmmates. I feel like this, when I log in. =)
Dying is no option.

Lesnoj

Post#50 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:32 am

Athergic wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:21 am
rmpl wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:00 pm
What makes it OP?
I would write you a list, but in the end it's just my opinion and I know that it is not shared by most around here.
I would suggest watching the last Matrik video I did, that pretty much summed it up for me.
They can be incredibly potent, very easy to play now as well. This is just my opinion from my experience as a melee squig herder ex main.
Interesting video I dont know a single class that have such mobility and dmg and can solo 3 playes wit RR 65-66
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opWCTZ_wVXQ