Recent Topics

Ads

[Shaman] How to heal?

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Gangan

[Shaman] How to heal?

Post#1 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:15 pm

As the title says I'm looking for tips n' hits on how to heal with my little greeny (40/41).
I haven't played my sham for a while, so I'm a bit out of practice, too.

I usually play pug (wb and sc), but lately have been roaming with one or two guildies.

In wbs I try to keep up my hots, and quickly rez via instarez. Rather rarly using the grp-heal.(grp-heal spam is kind of boring and makes more sense on other classes imo :P) Works quite ok I would say ^^

The most problems I have in SCs and while roaming. I find it very hard to compensate bursts, as I can't do much more than apply hots, shield and maybe the (expensiv) small st-heal. Atm I can't make the lifetap work for me, even with reduced casttime.

So any tips on utilizing the sham as a healer are welcome😁
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald

Ads
Sulorie

Re: [Shaman] How to heal?

Post#2 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:49 pm

Until further changes with class mechanic all you can do in healspec is what you just described.
To use long casttime heal spells you have to reposition properly to have a save position.
I wouldn't use insta res tactic, because you already lack tactic slots.
Dying is no option.

Stinkyweed

Post#3 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:19 pm

My best advice to you since the latest patch is to reroll Zealot. The quick flash heal (with decent crit) will help you respond quicker to your teammates who need healing. The flash heal for Shammie was balancing Waaagh after your Hots and heals by using the life tap that had a base heal amount....that is now gone. This is said without guile or sarcasm.
Stinkyweed SH.86
Prowl WE.85
Blob Chop.81
Babaganoush Sham.7x
Negative Creep Z.5x
Motley Crue WH.5x

Don't fall asleep...don't fall asleep...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP7uxesyQWo

Gangan

Post#4 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:22 am

Stinkyweed wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:19 pm My best advice to you since the latest patch is to reroll Zealot. The quick flash heal (with decent crit) will help you respond quicker to your teammates who need healing. The flash heal for Shammie was balancing Waaagh after your Hots and heals by using the life tap that had a base heal amount....that is now gone. This is said without guile or sarcasm.
Already got a Zealot at 40/46 or something like that^^
Would it be possible to get hybrid gear to get more out of the lifetaps?

I will probably wait and see what will happen with the Sham. Too bad as I really like the style :/
Pächter des Wahnsinns

Gangan

Post#5 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:27 am

Sulorie wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:49 pm Until further changes with class mechanic all you can do in healspec is what you just described.
To use long casttime heal spells you have to reposition properly to have a save position.
I wouldn't use insta res tactic, because you already lack tactic slots.
Too bad :/
The trouble with the big st-heal is that either the target is dead or healed by another healer when fished casting, at least for me.
Maybe I'll find a way to use the sham for roaming, but atm my Zeal or my Blorc are more fun/effective.
Pächter des Wahnsinns

Dammy095

Post#6 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:47 am

Stinkyweed wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:19 pm My best advice to you since the latest patch is to reroll Zealot. The quick flash heal (with decent crit) will help you respond quicker to your teammates who need healing. The flash heal for Shammie was balancing Waaagh after your Hots and heals by using the life tap that had a base heal amount....that is now gone. This is said without guile or sarcasm.
this

Fey

Post#7 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:53 am

Group heal, hot, group heal, DSU, Group heal, repeat.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Nikkuz

Post#8 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:29 am

Shammy need more love around hot stacking.
Id like to see a similar effect on bsse hot wirh proper tactic like wow druid lifebloom ->if you take dmg it can bloom and heal for X .
But witch tactict you unslot ?

Ads
Dammy095

Post#9 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:00 am

dont forget SL spellbreaker, the more hots/absorbs you cast, the worse it is for your friendly target

tazdingo

Post#10 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:30 am

Fey wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:53 am Group heal, hot, group heal, DSU, Group heal, repeat.
is this still the case?