Recent Topics

Ads

[BO] Build Advice

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Kurama

[BO] Build Advice

Post#1 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:35 pm

Most guides are outdated already. Can anyone give me an up to date build for a SnB BO?

For WB/SCs, mainly masteries, tactics, talis, rr.

WAAAGH
DOK 8x
Zealot 8x
Shaman 8x
BO 7x

WP 8x
RP 8x
AM 8x

Ads
sonataa

Re: [BO] Build Advice

Post#2 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:17 am

also looking for one! mostly for scenario/roaming

Collateral

Post#3 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:26 pm

Since bo no longer has a viable hybrid build (snb with thc), at least imo, just go full tanky. Use mid and right trees. The group immunity is a decent ability. Chm, kd, group bubble etc. are all good abilities that give you utility. You can try the snare tactic, but imo it's still useless, far bellow order snares and cc, so you won't be catching them any time soon with that. For other tactics I go block, wounds for wb, rugged, juggernaut if you feel you're constantly being cced, you can take loudmouth even if you have okay str for some extra dmg. Also morale pump is good for wbs.

For talis you can go armour, some str (so you don't get parried all the time), and I always put one ini tali for good measure. Try to bring your ini to 250+ unbuffed, it's very important for bos, as they have very low base ini. This also means that you have to invest into futile strikes. I go 3 fs usually, max block, max dd if you can (fs is more important as you have htl). The rest of the points you can put into whatever you think you need. I usually put mine into more ini, or some wounds/toughness.

Rathael87

Post#4 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:31 pm

The typical BO warband/oRvR build:

Boss up to waaagh. Waaagh tactic for countering shatter limbs and supporting.

Rest is somewhat optional. Middle tree is typically used to grab CHM for oh-**** moments. Can pick up the knock down for scenarios but its application in oRVR is limited.

Lately I have been dumping points into brawler without picking up actions or tactics to max out stat steal to 114. At RR70 it is possible to run waaagh&tactic + you wot. You wot makes you indestructible as a SnB tank every 20 out of 30 seconds.

Tactics are typically wounds, block, waaagh and morale pump. If you are in scenarios or pugging you can drop pump for rugged. If your group is really bad or they lack slayers, you can swap the waaagh tactic out for whatever else you want. If you are secondary middle tree you could grab less stabbin me for these moments.

RR should be 2 in futile strikes (then ini talismans if necessary to get 0% chance to be crit). Max block. Max deft defender. Dump anything else in reflexes and possibly toughness if you have a spare point to waste.

Talismans after 0% crit are typically toughness as Borcs are very close to wounds softcap... but you want 1000 wounds or more to survive morale bombs. Prioritize getting this over toughness.

Gear is pretty standard. Vanq > Conq / Onslaught >>> Anni / Ruin. Not sure about the dungeon sets since I never needed them. Ruin is generally considered bare minimum oRvR gear in our warbands.

Bozzax

Post#5 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:33 pm

Kurama wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:35 pm Most guides are outdated already. Can anyone give me an up to date build for a SnB BO?

For WB/SCs, mainly masteries, tactics, talis, rr.

WAAAGH
Tested and retested countless builds after a lengthy break from BO (after BB-snare nerf was reduced). Damage simply isn't there anymore even in full glass Brawler SnB.

I found no worthwhile SnB SC build and 2h is pretty much is "it" RoR.builders - Black Orc
(Use spirit tactic when SC is littered with SM and SWs)

Renonw 20pts parry, 20pts dodge/disrupt and make sure you have 290-300 ini reset is up to you

Gear grab the 3pc jewellery with resists and almost any combination of armor/tallies do as long as you get strength at 500+
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Kurama

Post#6 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:43 pm

Not in da Face is better option than Down Ya Go?
DOK 8x
Zealot 8x
Shaman 8x
BO 7x

WP 8x
RP 8x
AM 8x

Rathael87

Post#7 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:37 pm

Kurama wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:43 pm Not in da Face is better option than Down Ya Go?
Yeah Nidf is pretty good. It's around about the same as Down ya Go in utility I tend to find and both are primarily considered for scenario and small scale. In oRvR KD'ing or CD increasing one target makes very little difference to the outcome of warband vs warband fights, so if you're talking about pure warband build it is largely irrelevant.

Down ya go obviously gets hurt by constant immunities but I do miss it when I don't have it. There are times where I want to KD someone attacking my DPS or healer... or when I want to hard CC my DPS's target. Obviously Nidf serves to slow an attacker down too though they can still glue to your guard and be a bit of a pain in the ass.

Generally I find i never get the opportunity to harass healers because my guard is rarely attacking them in scenarios. Good DPS will keep swapping anyway, as they will get very quickly detaunted by any good healer. If you've ever watched those premade melee trains in scenarios, their typical combo is to hyper punt the guard away then KD the target for full nuke.