Recent Topics

Ads

[ BO ] Help a new player

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
kahun

[ BO ] Help a new player

Post#1 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:34 pm

Hi, im a new player coming from WoW ( sigh ) and id like to know if theres any build around 2h tank or high survival melee char or class. I understand that the more survival,the less dps. My main its a Blood DK in wow, thats the idea. Ive seen the BO and idk if it could work. Thanks a lot.

If it works, please send a build as guide, im totally new here. Thanks again.

Ads
Rathael87

Re: [ BO ] Help a new player

Post#2 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:13 pm

Well tanks in PvP are an entirely different ballgame here. I don't think there are really any tanks out there who can pack any significant amount of self sustain as blood DK historically does.

Black Orc has basically no self-sustain. They self heal via one ability and one slotted tactic but both are very mediocre for self-healing. They are aimed more at group support but even then the tactic is quite bad.

I think chosen and knight can run some self-healing 2h builds slightly better, but ultimately you have to make a choice between damage, tankyness or hybrid. There is no tank that can run 2h and be anywhere near as tanky as a full defense shield tank.

Tanks here provide utility and support in ways they can not in WoW. All tanks can choose an ally to guard that splits damage they take 50/50 with you while you are close by. They can use a cone effect that reduces enemy damage dealt significantly, and generally have various group buffs and crowd controls to help the group survive.

Playing a 2h tank here is more about providing those utilities while still offering a moderate amount of damage pressure. You will never function like a full DPS and using 2h will mean higher damage taken by your team... but in small-scale fights the overql damage is lower such that you can afford to give up some survival for higher damage pressure.

As tanks we also focus on assisting and enabling DPS. Even with 2h our job is to support and assist. There are no tanks that can single handedly tie up an enemy group and both damage deal and self-sustain.