Recent Topics

Ads

[BO or Choppa] Help me pick!

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Aebel

[BO or Choppa] Help me pick!

Post#1 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:35 pm

So I am wanting to start a destro toon, I play pretty casually and I'm having a hard time picking between a BO or a Choppa. I mostly play solo or in pugs and while I'm aware one is a tank and the other a DPS I'm just stuck on which I want to play.

Ads
Skitup

Re: [BO or Choppa] Help me pick!

Post#2 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:29 am

if you solo alot, go with BO, tank is a tank
Skitup - Marauder 73
Skeej - Black Orc 71
Skeec - Shaman 54
Atf - Sorceress 50

adamthelc

Post#3 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:13 am

If you have a lot of experience I say go with the Choppa. Otherwise you will probably have a better time on the Black Orc.

peterthepan3

Post#4 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:44 am

If you wanna play solo then just make a BO (GOD knows we have more than enough suicidal solo choppas in the lakes as it is).

Aebel

Post#5 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:29 pm

Thanks for the input guys, BO it is! Is SnB as viable as 2h for BO? I pretty much ever see 2h running around and while I like the idea of that I wouldnt mind throwing on a shield every now and then when it's called for.

peterthepan3

Post#6 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:31 pm

Aebel wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:29 pm Thanks for the input guys, BO it is! Is SnB as viable as 2h for BO? I pretty much ever see 2h running around and while I like the idea of that I wouldnt mind throwing on a shield every now and then when it's called for.
If you want to go offensive then you should be 2h. SNB can do okayish damage in certain specs. SNB is the go-to spec for warband/if you want to 3/2/1 (solo tank).

Aebel

Post#7 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:02 am

peterthepan3 wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:31 pm
Aebel wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:29 pm Thanks for the input guys, BO it is! Is SnB as viable as 2h for BO? I pretty much ever see 2h running around and while I like the idea of that I wouldnt mind throwing on a shield every now and then when it's called for.
If you want to go offensive then you should be 2h. SNB can do okayish damage in certain specs. SNB is the go-to spec for warband/if you want to 3/2/1 (solo tank).
Is it better to go for Da Toughest or Da Boss for SnB in pug situations?

grossteak

Post#8 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:27 am

To play solo, better go on BO. Then you can play both spec.
Choppa deals more damage but without stuff and RR you will die very very fast, but if you get a guard and a healer i'ts funny to play

Ads
Aebel

Post#9 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:09 pm

I have one last question. I know BGs are pretty popular for solo play, but are they as well rounded of a class as BO's as far as being a good SnB/2h tank?

ragafury

Post#10 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:49 am

Aebel wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:09 pm I have one last question. I know BGs are pretty popular for solo play, but are they as well rounded of a class as BO's as far as being a good SnB/2h tank?
BG is imo a much better pick for what you plan to do. It's way more interesting to play and has 2 working builds for solo roaming. It also can kill slacking healers via anti detaunt and mindkiller which opens you for a wider array of targets to engage solo. It also works formidable in roam grps as an offtank.

It's not a meta pick for warbands in its current state, but pugwarbands will be glad about any tank class which joins. And as soon as your wb doesnt have access to pierce defence, it becomes a bit better / more usefull outside of htl + guard.
--- inactive ---
---guildless---