Recent Topics

Ads

[choppa] How do you deal damage?

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
peterthepan3

Re: [choppa] How do you deal damage?

Post#21 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:27 pm

oaliaen wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:25 pm see? choppa have the potential to be the conqueror of the world. thats why you others hate the class so much. i understand.
Putting an order realm bias spin on every single post is getting boring to have to read through. It also detracts from the OP as (9 times out of 10) it results in a ****-flinging derail contest.

Ads
aa91837

Post#22 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:42 pm

step 1- delete choppa aka worst mdps in teh game

(prove me wrong, protip you can't)

step 2-roll wl,melee squig,magus or engi

step 3-have fun
Nobody on the broken noob class

nebelwerfer

Post#23 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:59 pm

I think mdps like slayer and choppa should straight up ignore detaunts when they're 75%+ rage. I find it a little weird that a core ability that every healer / rdps has can negate the entire career mechanic for 2 classes w 100% uptime, when the drawbacks for that career mechanic are so severe

+ am i correct that sham / AM can apply dots then detaunt with dots running while sl / chop (and any other mdps?) AoE detaunt breaks on next dot tick ? if so that is alsoo odd.. :geek:

Sulorie

Post#24 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:22 pm

One of the first hits was the resist debuff, so you have maybe 100 resist left, like 10% mitigation. No surprise that you go down fast. The channel heal can crit on squishy targets for like 1k per tick but it won't help you against a DPS AM, who can absorb, interrupt channel or just kite you. Solo Choppa are among the best targets for them.
To win against them, they have to make huge mistakes.

When they deal more damage in a group fight situation, then there are multiple reasons.
1. Your items are not good and your crit chance is too low. You need at least rr50, better rr60 for a serious 2H build.

2. As 2H Choppa you deal no aoe dmg, therefore sc scoreboard numbers tend to be lower. Spreading dot, nobody cares to cleanse, add together damage over time.

3. The AM had armor pot and resist debuff. Your Choppa has no armor debuff and most likely no resist pot/buff, resulting in a major disadvantage by default.

@nebelwerfer: All their dot damage is cut in half, when they detaunt you, otherwise delayed damage would be super bad.
Dying is no option.

nebelwerfer

Post#25 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:38 pm

Sulorie wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:22 pm One of the first hits was the resist debuff, so you have maybe 100 resist left, like 10% mitigation. No surprise that you go down fast. The channel heal can crit on squishy targets for like 1k per tick but it won't help you against a DPS AM, who can absorb, interrupt channel or just kite you. Solo Choppa are among the best targets for them.

When they deal more damage in a group fight situation, then there are multiple reasons.
1. Your items are not good and your crit chance is too low. You need at least rr50, better rr60 for a serious 2H build.

2. As 2H Choppa you deal no aoe dmg, therefore sc scoreboard numbers tend to be lower. Spreading dot, nobody cares to cleanse, add together damage over time.

3. The AM had armor pot and resist debuff. Your Choppa has no armor debuff and most likely no resist pot/buff, resulting in a major disadvantage by default.

@nebelwerfer: All their dot damage is cut in half, when they detaunt you, otherwise delayed damage would be super bad.
Ah good to know that thx.

oaliaen

Post#26 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:50 pm

Sulorie wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:22 pm One of the first hits was the resist debuff, so you have maybe 100 resist left, like 10% mitigation. No surprise that you go down fast. The channel heal can crit on squishy targets for like 1k per tick but it won't help you against a DPS AM, who can absorb, interrupt channel or just kite you. Solo Choppa are among the best targets for them.

thx to say the truth

Cortrillion

Post#27 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:58 pm

Very nice points all of you. Thanks for the peptalking.
peterthepan3 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:01 pm ..Some very good points...

I would suggest you go dual wield, make friendly with a 2h BG/BO and healer, and watch the class shine. Solo encounters are really not an accurate means of inferring whether or not a class is viable/better than others.
Thanks Peter, nice of you to help explain stuff to me. Are you saying that 2handed is broken bad and DW is much better? Because i picked the Chopper over WE/Marauder especialy for the 2hander.

There are to my knowlage 2 types of encounter that i can have in this game. keeping in mind that im new around here. Mass zerg and solo, add to that the random pickup SC vs premade....

anyway. RR60+ someone was saying...

All i have to do is suck all the way to the absolut end game... great news. =(

-Cort

Sulorie

Post#28 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:19 pm

Cortrillion wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:58 pm Very nice points all of you. Thanks for the peptalking.

Thanks Peter, nice of you to help explain stuff to me. Are you saying that 2handed is broken bad and DW is much better? Because i picked the Chopper over WE/Marauder especialy for the 2hander.

There are to my knowlage 2 types of encounter that i can have in this game. keeping in mind that im new around here. Mass zerg and solo, add to that the random pickup SC vs premade....

-Cort
rr50 is mandatory, with rr60 you can spec for cd increaser but that's a bonus. Without heal channel you can make it with rr40.

Your current main problem is the lack of good gear.
Wondering why you don't have BL pocket item.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Reesh

Post#29 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:46 pm

Cortrillion wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:58 pm Very nice points all of you. Thanks for the peptalking.
peterthepan3 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:01 pm ..Some very good points...

I would suggest you go dual wield, make friendly with a 2h BG/BO and healer, and watch the class shine. Solo encounters are really not an accurate means of inferring whether or not a class is viable/better than others.

-Cort
2h choppa is definitely not weak. Dual wield has just simply a bit more defences cause of parry bonus, and more sustained damage with addition of procs from 1h weapons, instead of slower spike dmg of 2hander.

oaliaen

Post#30 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:14 pm

only one subjugator procs if you wear 2.