Recent Topics

Ads

[Shaman] What the edge over AM now?

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
live4treasure

Re: [Shaman] What the edge over AM now?

Post#51 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:56 am

It's not even that shamans outheal or are outdamaged by AMs, at the moment the immensly powerful goblin racial tactics are basically the only difference between the two classes.

Shamans used to have AP issues, but were very difficult to kill because of their immense kiting ability and detaunts, if the tactics were slotted, and lets be honest, any shaman worth his salt always slotted at least one of these tactics. Now both classes have a 20% strikethrough AP drain which restores 30 AP upfront as core, but only one of them has access to a solid way of surviving damage, on top of the shaman toughness buffing hot where AM's funnel essence is.

Seems to me healer shamans are way far ahead of healer AMs, although this has always been true.
Giladar - rr 80 DPS AM

Ads
Dammy095

Post#52 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:12 am

for solo/small scale i agree, those tactics shammy has are really great
but, we dont slot them in wb, there just no space for it

Telen
Suspended

Post#53 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:54 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:49 pm This is something we are still discussing: both 3-pt and 7-pt tactics could not be replaced because of their synergies with morale pump tactic and Da Waaagh is Coming (AoE Mass dispel); we also deemed 3-second BoW too good to be any lower than 11-pts, but didn't want to get rid of the toughness debuff that is unique to the DPS Shaman.

If people come up with any other suggestions, we are all ears and humbly invite you to give your feedback in the relevant patch feedback thread.
AM lost their 11pt tactic to get Scorch, even if it was pretty redundant. I'm just confused why Shaman didnt. Either effect alone are strong enough for a single 11pt tactic slot

peterthepan3

Post#54 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:58 pm

Telen wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:54 pm
peterthepan3 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:49 pm This is something we are still discussing: both 3-pt and 7-pt tactics could not be replaced because of their synergies with morale pump tactic and Da Waaagh is Coming (AoE Mass dispel); we also deemed 3-second BoW too good to be any lower than 11-pts, but didn't want to get rid of the toughness debuff that is unique to the DPS Shaman.

If people come up with any other suggestions, we are all ears and humbly invite you to give your feedback in the relevant patch feedback thread.
AM lost their 11pt tactic to get Scorch, even if it was pretty redundant. I'm just confused why Shaman didnt. Either effect alone are strong enough for a single 11pt tactic slot
That's the difference: one of them was redundant, while the other wasn't. Reassigning the strikethrough component back onto the AM 11-pter could be a possibility, but I'd prefer to see how things pan out/the feedback we get over the week re Shaman before coming to a decision.

Telen
Suspended

Post#55 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:43 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:58 pm That's the difference: one of them was redundant, while the other wasn't. Reassigning the strikethrough component back onto the AM 11-pter could be a possibility, but I'd prefer to see how things pan out/the feedback we get over the week re Shaman before coming to a decision.
Though it was redundant I still wouldnt like to see another effect added to AMs tactic. Spec tactics are meant to offer build choice. While core tactics should be the base of builds. They should have single effects that buff a playstyle or heal/dps role. Shamans tactic buffs them both as a st dps and as a assist debuffer.

Foomy44

Post#56 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:27 pm

Korhadreth wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:23 am 4) Tactic for Gork will fix it makes 1 sec heal which can be cast while moving cost only 15 APs compared to AMs 55 APs healing energy
If you only cast it on yourself sure.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

Telen
Suspended

Post#57 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:29 pm

Use it with mechanic and it becomes ap positive. Though I still dont know why you would.

defleshed

Post#58 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:49 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:32 pm
defleshed wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:16 pm
Aerogath wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:10 pm So shammy is op now too, how does it fell ?;P
feels like it needs a nurf.
If this is the case, then please prepare some feedback and write it in the designated feedback thread titled '
[Implementation Feedback] Patch Sept 18 2018'.
I tested it all yesterday and it doesn't seem OP, good work!
"May your DPS be epic, your Zerglings move swiftly, your Rift Keys be plentiful, and your minions be deadly!" WAAAGH!!

Ads
Aerogath
Suspended

Post#59 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:48 pm

defleshed wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:49 pm
peterthepan3 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:32 pm
defleshed wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:16 pm

feels like it needs a nurf.
If this is the case, then please prepare some feedback and write it in the designated feedback thread titled '
[Implementation Feedback] Patch Sept 18 2018'.
I tested it all yesterday and it doesn't seem OP, good work!
hope so, after the patch there is plenty of cry about the shammy now .... fun fact: always cry about shammy but never a word about am`s :mrgreen:

Kurama

Post#60 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:58 pm

I tested it all day yesterday and it still sucks for solo play. It's ok as assist i guess, and only against pugs.

On the other hand i'm loving the ap drain change, no need for rb anymore gives us a free tactic slot.
DOK 8x
Zealot 8x
Shaman 8x
BO 7x

WP 8x
RP 8x
AM 8x