Recent Topics

Ads

[Shaman] What the edge over AM now?

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Foomy44

Re: [Shaman] What the edge over AM now?

Post#41 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:23 pm

Telen wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:06 pm
Foomy44 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:42 pm Yeah if shammy got toned down I would hope for same for AM, edited my post to include that my bad.
Dude we were in an sc just earlier and you couldnt burst anything down. You were nowhere near the top damage and you healed for less than a third of the real healers. If shaman are now op then you arent making it look it.
Though I agree that Shaman getting channel reduction and keeping their toughness debuff on the same tactic puts them far ahead of what AM can now spec. They now practically have 5 tactics to ams 4.
We had 2 SCs together today (on telen at least) and I had top DBs in 1 of them and possibly top destro DBs in the other unless I accidentally clipped em in this screenshot. https://imgur.com/kXTCVWd https://imgur.com/a/o9V6boL You have a real warped perception of reality. So now suddenly top damage in pug SCs is how we determine class viability? Weren't you just arguing the opposite of that in another thread against me? I can spam AoE and heals in another pug SC if those numbers would somehow make my statements about single target burst more convincing for you, I don't think I used a single DWiC or Healdebuff that first SC because I was just trying to test burst lazor tactic out since it was literally my first time using it. Srsly can you just stop responding to my posts with bullshit, it's getting old, thx. I'm bad, I get it, let's move on.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

Ads
K13R

Post#42 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:50 pm

Telen wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:06 pm
Foomy44 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:42 pm Yeah if shammy got toned down I would hope for same for AM, edited my post to include that my bad.
Dude we were in an sc just earlier and you couldnt burst anything down. You were nowhere near the top damage and you healed for less than a third of the real healers. If shaman are now op then you arent making it look it.
Though I agree that Shaman getting channel reduction and keeping their toughness debuff on the same tactic puts them far ahead of what AM can now spec. They now practically have 5 tactics to ams 4.
Yes it was very short sided for the balance crew to hand this out it shows an extreme lack of foresight. Wonder why they didnt mirror 13 pt abilities AM is still 13 pt ability 8s still trash

Telen
Suspended

Post#43 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:23 pm

Foomy44 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:23 pm We had 2 SCs together today (on telen at least) and I had top DBs in 1 of them and possibly top destro DBs in the other unless I accidentally clipped em in this screenshot. https://imgur.com/kXTCVWd https://imgur.com/a/o9V6boL You have a real warped perception of reality. So now suddenly top damage in pug SCs is how we determine class viability? Weren't you just arguing the opposite of that in another thread against me? I can spam AoE and heals in another pug SC if those numbers would somehow make my statements about single target burst more convincing for you, I don't think I used a single DWiC or Healdebuff that first SC because I was just trying to test burst lazor tactic out since it was literally my first time using it. Srsly can you just stop responding to my posts with bullshit, it's getting old, thx. I'm bad, I get it, let's move on.
The two scs we were in 1 I was the only healer on order and dps speced and you still only managed 4dbs. A real dps would have annihilated us. I wouldnt have had any answer to a sorcs dps for example.
The second we annihilated you even though you had healers, but 2 were dps spec and added nothing to your team, and we did have real dps who had a field day because you couldnt counter their burst. If you had actually put on heal gear and healed you may have won that sc or at least not have given us 34 kills.
Your problem is you gauge your own effectiveness by the scoreboard without understanding the whole picture of why it was like that. You were the weak link and in a way I was in the first, even if I was the only heal, though I handled it much better.
Last edited by Telen on Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Foomy44

Post#44 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:28 pm

Telen wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:23 pm
Foomy44 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:23 pm We had 2 SCs together today (on telen at least) and I had top DBs in 1 of them and possibly top destro DBs in the other unless I accidentally clipped em in this screenshot. https://imgur.com/kXTCVWd https://imgur.com/a/o9V6boL You have a real warped perception of reality. So now suddenly top damage in pug SCs is how we determine class viability? Weren't you just arguing the opposite of that in another thread against me? I can spam AoE and heals in another pug SC if those numbers would somehow make my statements about single target burst more convincing for you, I don't think I used a single DWiC or Healdebuff that first SC because I was just trying to test burst lazor tactic out since it was literally my first time using it. Srsly can you just stop responding to my posts with bullshit, it's getting old, thx. I'm bad, I get it, let's move on.
The two scs were were in 1 I was the only healer on order and dps speced and you still only managed 4dbs. A real dps would have annihilated us. I wouldnt have had any answer to a sorcs dps for example.
The second we annihilated you even though you had healers, but 2 were dps spec and added nothing to your team, and we did have real dps how had a field day because you couldnt counter their burst. If you had actually put on heal gear and healed you may have won that sc or at least not have given us 34 kills.
Your problem is you gauge your own effectiveness by the scoreboard without understanding the whole picture of why it was like that. You were the weak link and in a way I was in the first, even if I was the only heal, though I handled it much better.
You are so amazing it blows my mind. Please tell me more about how awesome you are so I may bask in your glory.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell

Telen
Suspended

Post#45 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:30 pm

Foomy44 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:28 pm You are so amazing it blows my mind. Please tell me more about how awesome you are so I may bask in your glory.
Thank you. Though I did say I was the weak link. I never said you were a bad player but dps healers are weak links where a real healer wouldnt be.
Last edited by Telen on Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Foomy44

Post#46 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:32 pm

Telen wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:30 pm
Foomy44 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:28 pm You are so amazing it blows my mind. Please tell me more about how awesome you are so I may bask in your glory.
I'm just trying to explain your misconceptions.
You claim I couldnt burst anything in the SCs you saw me in, I post screenshots showing I had most DBs on destro both times, you start arguing different crap. I rly don't care anymore, not worth the time, soon as you are proven wrong about 1 thing you just change it up and argue something else to keep it going.
Last edited by Foomy44 on Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Telen
Suspended

Post#47 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:38 pm

Foomy44 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:32 pm
You claim I couldnt burst anything in the SCs you saw me in, I post screenshots showing I had most DBs on destro both times, you start arguing different crap. I rly don't care anymore, not worth the time, soon as you are proven wrong about 1 thing you just change it up and argue something else to keep it going.
Youre full dom merc genesis in a pug sc. Damn right you should be. Though you did sort that sc by heals so you dont see the magus with the same dbs and more dmg.

Foomy44

Post#48 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:41 pm

Telen wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:38 pm
Youre full dom merc genesis in a pug sc. Damn right you should be. Though you did sort that sc by heals so you dont see the magus with the same dbs and more dmg.
Like I said it might have got cut off, fully acknowledged that, if you have Screenshot of that SC plz post and I'll correct

Ads
Arteker616

Post#49 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:51 am

pffft, Db means nothing the dumbest shaman or am could end toping db score while healing if he wanted and have a good timing with the channeled beam , that goes for any class with insta spells .
I will not ever get tired to repeat most shaman dps got 0 clue to play them, they behave like ams droping dots and nukes and they expect and fail to see the shaman works like a sorc or magus , u need to follow a dmg rotation to generate enough burst to kill anyone,
shamans got 2 big disaventages compared with ams and these were the fact he cannot cleanse the am drain , while am does can murdering the shaman ap and thus beatin him, and another is wild healing wich even with the enrf make running a am being easier to hand than a shaman,

currently shaman is the class on game wich drink more ap pots , in game just to can keep working on the rol of healer , and that gentlemen is the biggest problem shaman has.

Sulorie

Post#50 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:59 am

Korhadreth wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:23 am

Here's a list to make you feel better:

3) Plus 150 toughness heal dot
4) Tactic for Gork will fix it makes 1 sec heal which can be cast while moving cost only 15 APs compared to AMs 55 APs healing energy
5) Clense tactic gives you another heal dot

Similar to AM in appearance but so very different.
The tou buff is even bigger, as you have to spec the path to get it. At 15pts it buffs 240.

Both classes lost some tactics during the rework. Originally AM had the same tactic. Either way, you have no slot to use it.
AM have or had a hot on cleanse as well, I can't login to verify but I didn't read anything about it being removed.
Dying is no option.