Recent Topics

Ads

[Shaman] What the edge over AM now?

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Foomy44

Re: [Shaman] What the edge over AM now?

Post#71 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:22 pm

Ah the classic Telen-Switcharoo, changing what you said halfway through the debate so you can keep pretending you were right all along
Telen wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:28 pm Well now Shaman have better AoE...
Telen wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:00 pm As I said Shaman now have tactic free aoe...
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

Ads
Telen
Suspended

Post#72 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:24 pm

Foomy44 wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:22 pm Ah the classic Telen-Switcharoo, changing what you said halfway through the debate so you can keep pretending you were right all along
Telen wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:00 pm As I said Shaman now have tactic free aoe...
They do have better aoe outside of a week period when AM had an aoe dot. and its tactic free leaving Shaman able to spec for aoe shatter for the same investment. Hence better for the same cost of 1 tactic slot. AM can get better aoe but for the cost of 2 tactic slots which leaves out strikethrough and st burst (which shaman can spec for and keep their aoe).

Foomy44

Post#73 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:31 pm

Telen wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:24 pm
Foomy44 wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:22 pm Ah the classic Telen-Switcharoo, changing what you said halfway through the debate so you can keep pretending you were right all along
They do have better aoe outside of a week period when AM had an aoe dot. and its tactic free leaving Shaman able to spec for aoe shatter for the same investment. Hence better for the same cost of 1 tactic slot. AM can get better aoe but for the cost of 2 tactic slots which leaves out strikethrough and st burst. Which shaman can spec for and keep their aoe.
Could you please elaborate on how all the downsides of DWiC I listed compared to RL (shorter range, 5 sec CD, less damage, higher AP cost, randomly dispersing damage far away from where you want to put aoe pressure down) equals better aoe?

And yes, not having access to a strikethru tactic does indeed make tactic selection for gobbos a bit easier, not something I consider great for gobbos.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell

Telen
Suspended

Post#74 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:35 pm

Foomy44 wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:31 pm Could you please elaborate on how all the downsides of DWiC I listed compared to RL (shorter range, 5 sec CD, less damage, higher AP cost, randomly dispersing damage far away from where you want to put aoe pressure down) equals better aoe?

And yes, not having access to a strikethru tactic does indeed make tactic selection for gobbos a bit easier, not something I consider a good thing.
Shaman aoe is not shorter range. AM has to be within 65ft, because thats the limit of their spirit debuff. Shamans can ele debuff to 100ft. 80ft is more than 65ft. Plus you can Barbs on top.

Anyway Im looking forward to getting our strikethrough back on our 11pt tactic so we dont need to spec it. Like Shaman kept both 11pt tactics.

Foomy44

Post#75 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:40 pm

Telen wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:35 pm
Foomy44 wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:31 pm Could you please elaborate on how all the downsides of DWiC I listed compared to RL (shorter range, 5 sec CD, less damage, higher AP cost, randomly dispersing damage far away from where you want to put aoe pressure down) equals better aoe?

And yes, not having access to a strikethru tactic does indeed make tactic selection for gobbos a bit easier, not something I consider a good thing.
Shaman aoe is not shorter range. AM has to be within 65ft, because thats the limit of their spirit debuff. Shamans can ele debuff to 100ft. 80ft is more than 65ft.

Anyway Im looking forward to getting our strikethrough back on our 11pt tactic so we dont need to spec it. Like Shaman kept both 11pt tactics.
Lol, hilarious argument (that ignored the majority of my points to focus on just 1). Are AM the only class on order to have a spirit debuff now? I once heard a wise man say
Telen wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:45 pm Just stop playing solo dude and most of your issues go away.
Last edited by Foomy44 on Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Telen
Suspended

Post#76 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:41 pm

So now AM have to carry a SM around with them. Yet the argument that Shaman can have a cd reduce class wasn't plausible.
Make up yo' mind.

Foomy44

Post#77 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:42 pm

Telen wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:41 pm So now AM have to carry a SM around with them. Yet the argument that Shaman can have a cd reduce class wasn't plausible.
Make up you mind.
Your entire argument seems to be based around shammy having CD reduction at all times so why am I not allowed to argue the same way? And my argument also explained how hard the ability is to use even with CD reduction up, didn't ignore it at all.

Telen
Suspended

Post#78 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:45 pm

Foomy44 wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:42 pm Your entire argument seems to be based around shammy having CD reduction at all times so why am I not allowed to argue the same way? And my argument also explained how hard the ability is to use even with CD reduction up, didn't ignore it at all.
Upto you. We can either say Shaman have a longer range aoe due to debuff range when correct classes arent present. Or that Shaman have a spamable aoe without tactic investment.
Dont mind.
How is DWiC hard to use? I have a 40 dps Shaman btw. Ive had it chain through a backline that aoe wouldnt have hit half many times. I spec DF, MiW, HDI and RA! and feel far far safer in that 65-80ft range that both classes play at due to debuff and burst range.
Last edited by Telen on Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Foomy44

Post#79 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:53 pm

Telen wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:45 pm How is DWiC hard to use? I have a 40 dps Shaman btw. Ive had it chain through a backline that aoe wouldnt have hit half many times.
Yeah, hitting targets that the rest of the aoe in your WB won't be hitting, that sounds real useful, the fluffiest of fluffs. And why does that damage matter anyways, if it chained far away from what normal AoE can hit that means you didn't ele debuff those targets, and according to your previous statement that seems to be the only kind of damage that counts right?
Telen wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:35 pm Shaman aoe is not shorter range. AM has to be within 65ft, because thats the limit of their spirit debuff. Shamans can ele debuff to 100ft. 80ft is more than 65ft.