Recent Topics

Ads

[Shaman] What the edge over AM now?

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Foomy44

Re: [Shaman] What the edge over AM now?

Post#31 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:42 pm

Aerogath wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:40 pm
Foomy44 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:38 pm
defleshed wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:34 pm

I was just joking haha.
Whelp I wasn't, this burst feels ridiculous to me. I have hit SnB tanks for 1k+ with the channel, healers for 1400 (with ele debuff + toughness debuff up). Not too many targets are surviving that with all my dots running on em, think I've killed more healers today than in the last month. Feels a bit OP on a class that can also throw out decent aoe, decent heals, and can kite good. If this is the kind of burst they want a hybrid DPS to have I think something else needs to get toned down.
Pssht or shammy gets nerfed and AM will be still overpowered :D i`ve got bursted down by an Am in 3 seconds the time normally a dps caster you bring his first cast ;D
Yeah if shammy got toned down I would hope for same for AM, edited my post to include that my bad.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#32 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:44 pm

defleshed wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:34 pm

I was just joking haha.
Whelp I wasn't, this burst feels ridiculous to me. I have hit SnB tanks for 1k+ with the channel, healers for 1400 (with ele debuff + toughness debuff up). Not too many targets are surviving that with all my dots running on em, think I've killed more healers today than in the last month. Feels a bit OP on a class that can also throw out decent aoe, decent heals, and can kite good. If this is the kind of burst they want a hybrid DPS to have I think something else needs to get toned down.
Pssht or shammy gets nerfed and AM will be still overpowered :D i`ve got bursted down by an Am in 3 seconds the time normally a dps caster needs to bring his first cast ;D
Probably a burst rotation with DoT damage attached, which requires setup (DoT, DoT, DoT, Spirit debuff. Radiant Lance into Searing Touch). Would like to see combat logs of this. If you are simply dying to the channel ability, then you must have incredibly low toughness/spirit resistances/wounds.

Aerogath
Suspended

Post#33 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:48 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:44 pm

Pssht or shammy gets nerfed and AM will be still overpowered :D i`ve got bursted down by an Am in 3 seconds the time normally a dps caster needs to bring his first cast ;D
Probably a burst rotation with DoT damage attached, which requires setup (DoT, DoT, DoT, Spirit debuff. Radiant Lance into Searing Touch). Would like to see combat logs of this. If you are simply dying to the channel ability, then you must have incredibly low toughness/spirit resistances/wounds.
I can tell you now exactly what happend, i was staying on a flag, running to the Am the time i was running to him i got my dots, incredible laser dmg and we`re dead with the first hit i could do. Seems balanced right ? This happend in exactly 3 seconds. If i think that he still has healing and shield spams its a fricking one man army.
In every kind of way is this to strong, i can detaunt him to get closer and than i will still die great.
Last edited by Aerogath on Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

peterthepan3

Post#34 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:49 pm

Aerogath wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:48 pm
I can tell you now exactly what happend, i was staying on a flag, running to the Am the time i was running to him i got my dots, incredible laser dmg and we`re dead with the first hit i could do. Seems balanced right ? This happend in exactly 3 seconds. If i think that he still has healing and shield spams its a fricking one man army.
Again: I would love to see the combat log of this, if you have one. What class were you? What spirit resistance did you have? Toughness? How many wounds? etcetc. There's so many variables.

Aerogath
Suspended

Post#35 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:51 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:49 pm
Aerogath wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:48 pm

Again: I would love to see the combat log of this, if you have one. What class were you? What spirit resistance did you have? Toughness? How many wounds? etcetc. There's so many variables.
Alright i will now save all my combat logs.

Reesh

Post#36 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:55 pm

@aerogath, you must've been preloaded by his dots before you got shut down by a finisher from a beam, there's unfortunately no other way.

Telen
Suspended

Post#37 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:06 pm

Foomy44 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:42 pm Yeah if shammy got toned down I would hope for same for AM, edited my post to include that my bad.
Dude we were in an sc just earlier and you couldnt burst anything down. You were nowhere near the top damage and you healed for less than a third of the real healers. If shaman are now op then you arent making it look it.
Though I agree that Shaman getting channel reduction and keeping their toughness debuff on the same tactic puts them far ahead of what AM can now spec. They now practically have 5 tactics to ams 4.
Last edited by Telen on Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Telen
Suspended

Post#38 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:15 pm

Aerogath wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:48 pm I can tell you now exactly what happend, i was staying on a flag, running to the Am the time i was running to him i got my dots, incredible laser dmg and we`re dead with the first hit i could do. Seems balanced right ? This happend in exactly 3 seconds. If i think that he still has healing and shield spams its a fricking one man army.
In every kind of way is this to strong, i can detaunt him to get closer and than i will still die great.
So a single target ranged dps got the drop on your solo mdps while you were sitting at bo and you think it shouldnt kill you? The same would happen on any ranged dps if it opens on you.

Ads
Telen
Suspended

Post#39 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:42 pm

defleshed wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:08 pm
Telen wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:42 pm I think Shaman really needs access to the 3s Bunch of Waaagh tactic that AM gets.
Your wish is granted.
I didnt expect them to put it into shamans strongest dps tactic. They now have an extra dps tactic over AM.

peterthepan3

Post#40 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:49 pm

Telen wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:42 pm
defleshed wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:08 pm
Telen wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:42 pm I think Shaman really needs access to the 3s Bunch of Waaagh tactic that AM gets.
Your wish is granted.
I didnt expect them to put it into shamans strongest dps tactic. They now have an extra dps tactic over AM.
This is something we are still discussing: both 3-pt and 7-pt tactics could not be replaced because of their synergies with morale pump tactic and Da Waaagh is Coming (AoE Mass dispel); we also deemed 3-second BoW too good to be any lower than 11-pts, but didn't want to get rid of the toughness debuff that is unique to the DPS Shaman.

If people come up with any other suggestions, we are all ears and humbly invite you to give your feedback in the relevant patch feedback thread.