Recent Topics

Ads

[Shaman] What the edge over AM now?

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Telen
Suspended

Re: [Shaman] What the edge over AM now?

Post#61 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:28 pm

Well now Shaman have better AoE, better ST, better kiting, better healing. Whats the edge over Shaman now? AP isnt an issue anymore.

Ads
defleshed

Post#62 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:19 pm

Telen wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:28 pm Well now Shaman have better AoE, better ST, better kiting, better healing. Whats the edge over Shaman now? AP isnt an issue anymore.
Clearly dps? I think the OPs original post focused on dps aspect
"May your DPS be epic, your Zerglings move swiftly, your Rift Keys be plentiful, and your minions be deadly!" WAAAGH!!

peterthepan3

Post#63 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:25 pm

Telen wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:28 pm Well now Shaman have better AoE, better ST, better kiting, better healing. Whats the edge over Shaman now? AP isnt an issue anymore.
DPS AM still has better sustained ST, better AoE spread pressure due to more DoTs (Shaman only have better AOE if using DWIC in conjunction with Chop Fasta! - which rarely happens), more uptime on their spirit debuff due to how many SMs there are. The Forked Lancing tactic allows Radiant Lance to hit all targets within 20ft (or at least it should - let me know if this isn't the case), so your AoE potential is really not that different outside of Chop Fasta! usage.

Aerogath
Suspended

Post#64 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:32 pm

Why is it no surprise that AM mains now cry about shammy .....
Atleast this could finally help to balance the broken DPS AM`s and now shammy too.

Foomy44

Post#65 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:40 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:25 pm
DPS AM still has better sustained ST, better AoE spread pressure due to more DoTs (Shaman only have better AOE if using DWIC in conjunction with Chop Fasta! - which rarely happens), more uptime on their spirit debuff due to how many SMs there are. The Forked Lancing tactic allows Radiant Lance to hit all targets within 20ft (or at least it should - let me know if this isn't the case), so your AoE potential is really not that different outside of Chop Fasta! usage.
I would GLADLY trade away DWiC for access to Radiant Burst tactic. I was in a green WB 2 days ago, 8 Black Orcs in the WB, 0 of them had spec'd for cd reduction on WAAAAGH, even the ones that were running WAAAGH. It is very not fun having your 13 pt tree ability balanced around that. Even on the offchance you have someone spamming CD reduction buffs, Radiant Lance still has longer range (which makes a HUGE difference trying to cast it in a AoE setting, half the time I cast DWiC near a zerg I either lose LoS from having to start the cast from the very edge of the 80 feet range which means if target takes 2 steps back it breaks or I have a WL in my face b4 it goes off), costs about half the AP, and according to the builder does more damage (don't have an AM to test that, could be wrong). I have run around with a guildy using CD reduction, trying my hardest to utilize it I've still never managed to get off more than 3 casts during the 10 second window, usually only get 2 successful casts off and waste the other 6 seconds of the 10sec buff on missed casts due to LoS or having to run from the zerg from getting too close during the last cast. On top of all that, if there are a lot of targets then the damage can jump around VERY wildly, to the point where you end up AoEing a bunch of full HP targets way in the backline instead of putting the AoE pressure where the rest of your WB is applying it and hopefully accomplishing something.

Plus AM also have an AoE 13pt ability on top of Radiant Burst that is significantly easier to use than DWiC (100ft range, friendly target, no randomly jumping damage)
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

Telen
Suspended

Post#66 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:12 pm

Radiant Lancing costs a tactic slot. Shaman aoe through DWiC and Barbs are core leaving slot to pick up more defence or go for aoe shatter. Something AM would cost 2 tactics for. AM 13pt is in no way easier to use than DWiC. Any tank with half a brain immediately knocks the pbaoe away.

Foomy44

Post#67 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:20 pm

Telen wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:12 pm Radiant Lancing costs a tactic slot. Shaman aoe through DWiC and Barbs are core leaving slot to pick up more defence or go for aoe shatter. Something AM would cost 2 tactics for. AM 13pt is in no way easier to use than DWiC. Any tank with half a brain immediately knocks the pbaoe away.
Barbs can be dispelled and requires enemy healers to actively heal the target to produce any damage at all, and you have 0 control over where that AoE damage lands. Any AM with half a brain can cast DE on a friendly with immunity if they are so scared of a tank knocking their target away during the 5 second damage window (think that's how long it lasts after last change).

I am aware Radiant Burst costs a tactic slot, think I covered that in my first sentence. The 20 foot extra range betwen RL and DWiC is a bigger defensive tool than any tactic I can slot in zerg setting.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

poffo

Post#68 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:37 pm

What Shammys need is a strong group HOT. Let AM's be better in there dps lines and Shammys be better in healing and utility.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#69 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:47 pm

poffo wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:37 pm What Shammys need is a strong group HOT. Let AM's be better in there dps lines and Shammys be better in healing and utility.
Shaman don't need better healing. Especially no fire-and-forget group hots, which you cast on cooldown.
Dying is no option.

Telen
Suspended

Post#70 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:00 pm

Foomy44 wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:20 pm Barbs can be dispelled and requires enemy healers to actively heal the target to produce any damage at all, and you have 0 control over where that AoE damage lands. Any AM with half a brain can cast DE on a friendly with immunity if they are so scared of a tank knocking their target away during the 5 second damage window (think that's how long it lasts after last change).

I am aware Radiant Burst costs a tactic slot, think I covered that in my first sentence. The 20 foot extra range betwen RL and DWiC is a bigger defensive tool than any tactic I can slot in zerg setting.
I know Shaman have tactic slots to burn with having their channel reducer on what was already one of the best dps assist tactics in game so I shouldnt be surprised they dont see a tactic slot being much of a cost. Barbs aint getting dispelled. You cover it and the main gcleanse class cant even cleanse it anyway. Compare that to getting all your dots on a target just to have dok morale cleanse them all.
As I said Shaman now have tactic free aoe, better st dps, better assist dps, better healing, better kiting. The old issue of AM being far better at ap management are long gone. Even the dot difference is minimal now compared to live. Which with order lacking cleanse morale Id even say its arguable Shaman is ahead in that too.