Recent Topics

Ads

[Shaman] What the edge over AM now?

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Telen
Suspended

Re: [Shaman] What the edge over AM now?

Post#21 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:18 am

Maybe in keeps the aoe is better but 99% of the time you want the reduced channel. Getting your burst within the 3gcd of your silence is what am dps is now all about. That leaves you without a slot for arcing outside of a full lifetap build with no burst. If I was to take the aoe id take dispel for the bless sever anyway.
I personally believe if you cant burst something down you might aswell not be a dps. If you are putting out a little extra healing in return for losing burst you may aswell slap on heal gear and let the real dps handle it.
Like I said earlier in the thread, Shaman need access to a reduced channel, as its really what changes things for dpsam.

Ads
defleshed

Post#22 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:08 pm

Telen wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:42 pm I think Shaman really needs access to the 3s Bunch of Waaagh tactic that AM gets.
Your wish is granted.
"May your DPS be epic, your Zerglings move swiftly, your Rift Keys be plentiful, and your minions be deadly!" WAAAGH!!

Aerogath
Suspended

Post#23 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:10 pm

So shammy is op now too, how does it fell ?;P

defleshed

Post#24 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:16 pm

Aerogath wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:10 pm So shammy is op now too, how does it fell ?;P
feels like it needs a nurf.
"May your DPS be epic, your Zerglings move swiftly, your Rift Keys be plentiful, and your minions be deadly!" WAAAGH!!

Foomy44

Post#25 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:28 pm

defleshed wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:16 pm
Aerogath wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:10 pm So shammy is op now too, how does it fell ?;P
My thoughts exactly.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

peterthepan3

Post#26 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:32 pm

If this is the case, then please prepare some feedback and write it in the designated feedback thread titled '
[Implementation Feedback] Patch Sept 18 2018'.

defleshed

Post#27 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:34 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:32 pm
If this is the case, then please prepare some feedback and write it in the designated feedback thread.
I was just joking, i didnt get a chance to try it out today.
Last edited by defleshed on Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

charlysixb

Post#28 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:35 pm

Yes nerf it and then ask for buffs because class feels underpowered to others. I'm gettin' dizzy xD
Peckman And Chifli's

Gobboz Night Fever

Ads
Foomy44

Post#29 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:38 pm

defleshed wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:34 pm

If this is the case, then please prepare some feedback and write it in the designated feedback thread.
I was just joking haha.
Whelp I wasn't, this burst feels ridiculous to me. I have hit SnB tanks for 1k+ with the channel, healers for 1400 (with ele debuff + toughness debuff up). Not too many targets are surviving that ticking every second with all my dots running on em + another nuke timed with the channel, think I've killed more healers today than in the last month. Feels a bit OP on a class that can also throw out decent aoe, decent heals, and can kite good. If this is the kind of burst they want a hybrid DPS to have I think something else needs to get toned down. But hey if AM is balanced then we good too I suppose.
Last edited by Foomy44 on Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

Aerogath
Suspended

Post#30 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:40 pm

Foomy44 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:38 pm
defleshed wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:34 pm

I was just joking haha.
Whelp I wasn't, this burst feels ridiculous to me. I have hit SnB tanks for 1k+ with the channel, healers for 1400 (with ele debuff + toughness debuff up). Not too many targets are surviving that with all my dots running on em, think I've killed more healers today than in the last month. Feels a bit OP on a class that can also throw out decent aoe, decent heals, and can kite good. If this is the kind of burst they want a hybrid DPS to have I think something else needs to get toned down.
Pssht or shammy gets nerfed and AM will be still overpowered :D i`ve got bursted down by an Am in 3 seconds the time normally a dps caster needs to bring his first cast ;D
Last edited by Aerogath on Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.