Recent Topics

Ads

Squig herder: my thoughts on the stabbin changes, and maybe some other thoughts.

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Athergic

Squig herder: my thoughts on the stabbin changes, and maybe some other thoughts.

Post#1 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:58 am

I love this game, and have enjoyed RoR more years than I was able to enjoy live
yet the memories of live are why I started playing here to begin with.

It was pretty disheartening to have all of my proposals on path of stabbing squig declined, I know I didn't follow the format sometimes or they were dumb ideas, but I was trying to make some sort of contribution, I think I gave up for a while after 2 tries.
All I played at the time was stabbin squig herder, so I thought I had it figured out.
Eventually it got to the point where proposals for stabbin were immediately declined
because of the horizon of client control, and new changes already made and just waiting to be implemented.

Once the changes were announced, It was open to discussion but nothing would change until after we tried it, that is how I understood the post.
It was just recently that client control was released, so we finally got the update.

The new abilities are fun and effective to a degree, I was really tired of getting **** on by white lions mainly. At least I could run away now :)

I soon realized the flavor and what I loved most about the class had taken a back seat to the new abilities implemented.
Sure I was able to 3v1 2v1 people but, something just didn't feel right the whole time.

Innitally I was upset that mounting in squig armor was taken away, and I remember saying it changed my play style. It was a good change though
and how the class was meant to be played I feel, also it says so in the career description. I just wanted to be melee all the time back when I first hit 40.

I know nothing is forcing me to stay in squig armor the whole time, there is just little to no reason to do otherwise now.

Pounce on ranged classes feels wrong to me, I have arrows. I also have all these abilities, and now I don't want to use half of them, because I can just pounce or charge in/away.

I never thought that stabbin squig herder was really bad to begin with, I just don't understand why there wasn't small adjustments first.
When I started playing on this server, I remember reading mirroring wasn't the path being taken. Now squig herders have furious choppin/runeofabsorbtion this feels totally out of place.
Pounce as well.

The shadow warrior changes were way over the top to me, but it didn't change how the class played so much, it just made them more deadly, same with engineer, same with white lion, not the same for stabbing squig herder.
I hope you can understand where I am coming from, I could write poetry and songs about being a stabbing squig herder I love it so much. It just doesn't feel the same anymore, and it makes me sad gobbo.

I know most everyone loves the changes and I am happy the server moves forward. I just wanted to share how I felt about it, cause it's been bugging me the last couple of months. Different strokes for different folks and all that, I just noticed the other day when I was playing that I wasn't feeling nostalgic anymore, is that a good thing? Only time can tell folks, we'll see after this kush wears off.
Doom Diver front man
videos: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=24708

Ads
Orontes

Re: Squig herder: my thoughts on the stabbin changes, and maybe some other thoughts.

Post#2 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:11 pm

Having my own squig experience (currently rr 51), I disagree with everything stated above regarding the melee squig. I love the changes.

Mcgotrek

Re: Squig herder: my thoughts on the stabbin changes, and maybe some other thoughts.

Post#3 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:59 pm

Having my own squig experience (currently rr 63), I disagree with everything stated above regarding the melee squig. I love the changes.

But thanks for sharing man :)
Lowki Lyesmith
Gatebreaker Bjorrik Rjufendr
Mogens Wyrdmake
- 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers.

Wiede

Post#4 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:15 pm

I think it's the first time in the game that path of stabbing is close to what it should be. Just rewatch the intro video of AoR...

charlysixb

Post#5 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:19 pm

Tbh it does more sense to me that a big squig jumping into his prey than a high elf doing the superman xD.

I like changes too but gotta respect everybody's opinion.
Peckman And Chifli's

Gobboz Night Fever

Foomy44

Post#6 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:13 am

Spoiler:
Torquemadra wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:40 pm
Wiede wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:15 pm I think it's the first time in the game that path of stabbing is close to what it should be. Just rewatch the intro video of AoR...
Whats this "Path of Stabbin'" you are referring to?.....

O damn nice change. This is right up there with the horn on The Ironclad BO. More of that stuff plz 8-)

My vote is in the huge fan of changes category btw. Also like the nerf to indigestion, was very easy to apply for us so giving order a decent way to counter it seems reasonable.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

Orontes

Post#7 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:01 am

I'm not sure if the recent Patch Notes are being read any longer. I just posted there, but maybe posting here would be better.

Request: could the new Close Combat tactic be added as an option for the melee SW and Melee squig?

catholicism198

Post#8 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:23 pm

Torquemadra wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:40 pm
Wiede wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:15 pm I think it's the first time in the game that path of stabbing is close to what it should be. Just rewatch the intro video of AoR...
Whats this "Path of Stabbin'" you are referring to?.....

All that's left now are the pet icons, and to randomize Squig Armor Skins.
Orontes wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:01 am I'm not sure if the recent Patch Notes are being read any longer. I just posted there, but maybe posting here would be better.

Request: could the new Close Combat tactic be added as an option for the melee SW and Melee squig?
Melee Squigs are already tactic slot starved, don't know where you'd put it.

Ads
Athergic

Post#9 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:59 pm

Well I appreciate replies everyone :D
Doom Diver front man
videos: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=24708