Recent Topics

Ads

Black Orc Things

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Talvarik

Black Orc Things

Post#1 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:11 am

Is SnB BO Still viable after there tree hit combo being taken away? Just a curious new tank. Across the board as a tank that would prefer a bit of higher number on the SnB tank side of life. Are they a good pick?

Ads
DokB

Re: Black Orc Things

Post#2 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:29 am

Yeah it’s still viable, definitely more so for low renown/non geared BO.
SnB will always be more viable in WB play, while the new 15 point ability has given 2h BO a new lease on life. Depends on what you play more I guess, 6man stuff/scenarios/WB RvR etc…
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Talvarik

Post#3 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:44 am

I do less big warband stuff i'd say. Just want a tank that can pack decent heat (for a tank) while behind a shield.

Athergic

Post#4 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:40 am

It won't pack a punch, but it's still a great tank.
Doom Diver front man
videos: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=24708

roadkillrobin

Post#5 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:12 am

Imo the Blockorc build is no more a thing. To many synnergies gone and nerfs for it to be worth it atm. Was my absolute favorite tank to play :(
I guess you could do a Shut Yer Face/Down ya go build for dps with Sheild but as for stat stealing, CD increaser 3hc you kinda need 2hander now.

DokB

Post#6 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:53 am

Talvarik wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:44 am I do less big warband stuff i'd say. Just want a tank that can pack decent heat (for a tank) while behind a shield.
Well SnB BO will definitely do the most burst for a tank with a shield. You still have a little bit of damage via Loudmouth/Skullthumper alongside DYG but if you want to do the best damage as a tank while being resilient enough not to blow up in 3 seconds then roll either a 2h BG or git gud with 15 point Brawler 2h BO.

If You Wot seems good enough in Torque’s eyes then the planned Right Back Atcha ability (WODS clone) for BO will probably be scrapped but who knows. That’s the impression I get anyway.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

DokB

Post#7 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:18 am

Spoiler:
Torquemadra wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:07 am
DokB wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:53 am
Talvarik wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:44 am I do less big warband stuff i'd say. Just want a tank that can pack decent heat (for a tank) while behind a shield.
Well SnB BO will definitely do the most burst for a tank with a shield. You still have a little bit of damage via Loudmouth/Skullthumper alongside DYG but if you want to do the best damage as a tank while being resilient enough not to blow up in 3 seconds then roll either a 2h BG or git gud with 15 point Brawler 2h BO.

If You Wot seems good enough in Torque’s eyes then the planned Right Back Atcha ability (WODS clone) for BO will probably be scrapped but who knows. That’s the impression I get anyway.
RBAs issue is that it doesn't really fit with the ork theme inn it's current state, YW is much more thematic I feel, with a multi faceted nature and potential repercussions on use. It gives more and takes more.

That's not to say RBA is gone, I just feel it's in need of a redesign, orks are not really dodgers....
Quit Your Squabblin gives dodge so RBA isn’t really stepping too far outside the theme the BO has. I’d agree that YW is more thematic and actually requires a brain to use effectively rather than the 1 button special that is RBA, but YW needs to be a solid choice to choose for the 2h BO before you leave it where it is.

The un-cleansable, self-imposed heal debuff is a bit overkill I’ve found in the last few days of testing. Particularly alongside the wounds debuff that leaves you around max 500-550 wounds and if you are not running Conq/Onslaught/Im Da Biggest to offset the wounds debuff which makes you incredibly easy to burst through.

From what you’ve seen in the last few days of testing, would you be open to reducing (or even removing) the self-imposed heal debuff or do you feel that it is appropriate for the advantages (and disadvantages – namely 80% damage versus all other targets) YW provides during the 20 second uptime? Especially when you compare it to the other defensive skills such as WODS/Rebounding Hatred which have no real downside outside of AP.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

DokB

Post#8 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:57 am

I’m not implying it’s a death sentence once you hit the Insecure debuff on YW. I guess I’m unfairly weighing it against WODS/RH since YW requires more thought to use and has more functionality like you said. While WODS/RH are admittedly one dimensional, they do perform their job well and can be switched on or off so it’s not like you are locked out of doing anything else for long.

My mindset for 2h BO has never been them needing more damage, just some more survivability which is why I found it strange to have both on the same ability while other classes have it a bit easier not having to worry about risk/reward gameplay such as this or less damage versus other targets. But I’m all for adding more thought/skill to playing BO since it’s such a less involved tank class compared to the others. It’s a pretty fun ability all things considered, especially after all the changes the BO has had in the past.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Ads
davispeed
Game Artist

Post#9 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:24 am

sadly for you Talvarik Bo was good b4 they got client control..... now u cant be tanky s\b and have some decent'ish dmg since 3hc was the major source of the dmg.... so u have to choose between being tanky s\b and do almost no dmg on the board or die alot and go 2h with ok dmg on the scoreboard. Thats pretty drastic but thats the reality at the end of your session online.

But yea, BO are fun and s\b is very viable no doubt but not if u want big'ish number on the scoreboard.
]

Athergic

Post#10 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:32 am

DokB wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:57 am I’m not implying it’s a death sentence once you hit the Insecure debuff on YW. I guess I’m unfairly weighing it against WODS/RH since YW requires more thought to use and has more functionality like you said. While WODS/RH are admittedly one dimensional, they do perform their job well and can be switched on or off so it’s not like you are locked out of doing anything else for long.

My mindset for 2h BO has never been them needing more damage, just some more survivability which is why I found it strange to have both on the same ability while other classes have it a bit easier not having to worry about risk/reward gameplay such as this or less damage versus other targets. But I’m all for adding more thought/skill to playing BO since it’s such a less involved tank class compared to the others. It’s a pretty fun ability all things considered, especially after all the changes the BO has had in the past.
This new ability is great for the 2h bo, it gives you a better chance to survive while playing dps mode, and gives you better damage when playing as a tank. So you can really build any which way and benefit from this ability. This is the extra defense dps BO's needed I think
Doom Diver front man
videos: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=24708