Recent Topics

Ads

[Sham] Learning to Waaagh!

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Dabbart

[Sham] Learning to Waaagh!

Post#1 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:49 pm

So you want to play an Sham. But by Mork, learning ANOTHER class?! This is something I worked on for Sham/AM awhile back and just got around to finishing. I focus on Healing(as you are a Healer class), and attempt to give you all the info you will need to roll a Sham up to lvl 20, at which point you should have the basics required to play the class, and make your own builds. I welcome C&C.

For shaman all of your Heals are from your Left mastery tree, the Path of Mork. This is what I will be focusing on.
Spoiler:

Main Healing abilities:
Spoiler:
  • Lvl1 Gork'll Fix It! You should rarely use this after the first few levels. It costs 55AP, which is a lot. Provides crap heals, but it can be used on the move, which is it's only saving grace at later levels.

lvl 3: 'Ey, Quit Bleedin': This is your main HoT(heal over time). You should try and stack this on every groupmate that is in combat.

lvl 5: Don't Feel Nuthin: this is an absorp bubble. It's helpful, especially when you don't have time for a 2s cast

Lvl 7 Mork's Buffer: This is an Enchantment buff that raises your group mates resistances. Use it at the beginning of every SC, and every time you enter a new group in a warband or have a chance to stop. This counts as an Enchantment in regards to Shatters, and this server works on a First In, First Off. So this will often be the first one to go. Try to recast if you can to help your groupmates from having their Powerful enchantments removed.

Lvl 7 Look Over There!: This is your ST detaunt. For 15s the enemy will do 50% reduced damage. On 15s Cooldown, so you can have 100% uptime. Detaunt does not stack with guard. Use this. Preferably, on the target that is about to do the most damage to you. Don't be afraid to "pre-detaunt" if you see someone coming. On this Server, detaunt breaks upon ANY damage down to the target. This includes DoTs previously applied.

lvl 8 Bigger, Better, An' Greener: Your main single-target heal. 2s cast, for a large amount of health. Requires LoS checks to complete. This will be your go to heal most of the time. Always be aware of the LoS and Cast time, Before you start your cast.

lvl 14 Stop Hittin' Me!: This is your AoE Detaunt. It is amazing. It reduces the damage from all enemies(mob or player) by 50%. It also gives 5% Disrupt for 5seconds, on 30s cool down, you can get a tactic to reduce the cool down. Detaunt does not stack with Guard. On this Server, detaunt breaks upon ANY damage down to the target. This includes DoTs previously applied.

lvl 16 Greener 'n Cleaner: This is a Cleanse. It removes a Curse or Ailment from an ally(or yourself) and also provides an absorp bubble. Use this on cool-down whenever you can, you can get a tactic later that provides a HoT for this as well.

lvl 18 Yer Not So Bad: Is an AP drain. You cast it on an enemy, and it drains AP from them and transfers them to you. As you will often be running low on AP, this is a great spell. The enemy has a chance to Disrupt it however, so pick your targets appropriately.

lvl 20 Gather Round: Group Heal! 2.5s cast to heal every group member within 100ft of you. You do NOT need LoS to heal them, you can heal someone on a level above you while hiding in a corner somewhere, as long as they are 100ft from you. This will be your bread and butter for stationary fights.
The Mastery Abilities you should focus on for lower ranks:
Spoiler:
Are Sticky Feetz the 5pt ability on Path of Mork and Shrug it Off the 9pt ability on the same path. Note, you have to spend a point to gain the ability after you reach the lvl(so 6pts to gain Sticky Feetz). You can gain both of these by lvl 26.

Sticky Feetz is a Puddle that provides an area that both slows all enemies(friendlies are unaffected) and debuffs their Elemental resistance. EXCEPTIONALLY important for Kiting, escaping, or clogging up a charge.

Shrug it Off is a 30s buff you cast on an ally that increases all healing on them by 25%, if they are reduced to below 20% health, they will instantly regain some health and the spell will dispel. This stacks with the RP tactic that increases healing. Great ability.

Tactics Wise
Spoiler:
You are forced to use the best you have at any given lvl. Wazat Behind You? at rank 11 could hold you until rank 20, but I recommend experimenting with different tactics. Shams get a bunch of DPS tactics and abilities. All of them are quite fun. But you should remember, you're a healer. If you wish to DPS, then go for it! Much Waaagh! But you will never be as good as a true DPS class, and if you wish to help your team win, then focus on your Heals. The urge to Hybrid will lead to providing neither decent heals or decent DPS. As always, play how you want and have fun. Just be aware, everyone else thinks you're a healer...
Morales Wise:
M1
Spoiler:
Divine Favor at lvl 8 will be your main M1 for probably the entire time you play. It ignores heal debuffs, instant large heal(1800 at rank 40) with 150ft range. It's great.

Steal Life at lvl 16, is pretty much worthless.

Gork Sez Stop is probably the most fun Morale in the game, imo. target suffers 300 damage(at rank 40) per second for 2s. If the target moves, the duration is reset. So, see a MDPS that has overextended? or that just keeps moving? Or an enemy that is trying to Kite away? They either stop, or keep taking Morale damage ticks every second. Quite a lot of fun.

No specific winners, I suggest you try them out and find what works for you
M2
Spoiler:
Use Rampaging Sipon at rank 12. It's a decent morale, that if you hit a few enemies with, can give a full grp heal. But you have to be within 30ft of enemies to use it...

Rank 20, take Focused Mind. This will be your most often used morale. 10s, removes and ignores all Silence, Disarm, Root, Snare and your abilities will not be set back. Oh, and everything is cast 50% faster. Great as a get-away morale. Even better as a Spike healing morale. All around awesome.
M3
Spoiler:
Divine Protection. large Group bubble(4500 at rank 40) for 10s. But only affects Melee Damage. If you see M3, see a large large melee train coming towards your group, and you have M3 sure. Go for it. But saving for an M2 spike is often the better choice.
M4 Currently doesn't work. All mastery M4s are horrible and not worth speccing for.

Builds and DPS:
Spoiler:
Goof around with the DPS spells on PvE mobs to learn the timing of them. Queue for SCs and go roam the ORvR lakes if there is an open WB or you have guildes/friends online. Do not try to solo roam as a Healer. Solo queueing for SCs as a healer is a LOT more fun/friendly than as a solo DPS, or even solo tank. Quite often, the win or loss for PUG play depends on the Healers.

By lvl 21 you should have a decent grasp of the class. Just know that you wont understand how the class actually is "meant" to play until you hit 40. You just haven't unlocked enough mastery points yet... If you advance past lvl 21 you should have the knowledge to make your own build, and understand the builds and tactics posted on the forums. However, here are a few builds for rank 21, 26, and 31. If you wish to discuss or check out 40/40+ builds, go search the forums!

General Advice:
Spoiler:
Use the Enemy Addon. Familiarize yourself with the Marking functions. Mark anyone on the other realm that kills you "frequently", or blows you up once. Be aware of where these players are, and Detaunt them on CD.

PreKite. You are very, very squishy. Don't try to face-tank. You have an AoE Punt, an AoE snare, and decent healing potential while on the move. So Move.

If you can't get away, always Kite Towards Your Tank. Even if you get a Detaunt off, at least give the tank a chance to help you.

Don't Kite in straight lines. Don't Kite directly away from your group. It's amazing how a little juke around a rock, then turn around get on the other side of them, and then AoE punt can be so effective... But it can.

If the Healers die, then everyone dies. Avoid putting yourself in situations that you know are risky. Learn from your deaths.

Hope this helps, and gl with the shaman! It's a tough class at times, but a lot of fun!
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Ads
DR4296

Re: [Sham] Learning to Waaagh!

Post#2 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:56 pm

Thank you for posting this!

DR4296

Post#3 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:57 am

A couple of questions:

If I go the full heal route (which apparently is the only real viable option at this time), how would you recommend that I spec regarding:

a) Talismans and Jewelry

b) Renown bonuses

c) Pots

Thank you!

Dabbart

Post#4 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:06 pm

Spoiler:
DR4296 wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:57 am A couple of questions:

If I go the full heal route (which apparently is the only real viable option at this time), how would you recommend that I spec regarding:

a) Talismans and Jewelry

b) Renown bonuses

c) Pots

Thank you!
Sorry for delay, lots of work and RL crap, so little time to Waaagh!...

A.
Spoiler:
for Jewels:lvl1-31 whatever Renown vendor jewels you can use. If you are grinding on Mobs and have low RR, then whatever AH stuff you can get. If you are doing ORvR, remember that you get a LARGE bolster to your defensive stats (armor/resistances/toughness/wounds/Maybe Ini? can't remember) so you should try to push WP. Otherwise, go for Wounds on jewels.

T4 you should goWinds Impervious(click on each one and it will tell you what tome unlock is required[then click on the unlock and it'll give you the walkthrough on how to accomplish that]) are the best 3p jewelry set you can get before Genesis. Best Resistances in the game, decent stats. 4th can be whatever you want. My AM goes 3p gensis(cloak 2 jewels) and 2p Winds Impervious. Sham is still on full winds Impervious with a +3ap jewel.

Talismans:lvl1-20 Armor is king. After 20, depends in your ORvR. If you are roaming, and you find your armor/resistances/toughness/wounds are all capped due to bolster, then go ahead and stack WP. If you're PvE grinding with a buddy/group then go ahead and stack WP(if you have a decent tank).

31+, imo, it is required to have at least 600 wounds, 10% chance to be crit, 2400 armor, and 600+ resistances(all of these are after buffs/pots) just to survive a slight glance. Personally, I stack Initiative/wounds and 1-2 armor tali's. My AM has -13% chance to be crit(440 ini) with 2500 armor 900 resistances, and 660 wounds. Sham is slightly lower(still in Anni).
B.
Spoiler:
Depends. Personally, I focus on defensive RR abilities for everything but DPS classes. I cap Deft Defender(20pts) then Futile Strikes until I am at 0% chance to be crit. But a lot of people prefer to stack crit chance.
C.
Spoiler:
Armor obviously. I like the 60ini/60wounds liniments personally. I also use the 60wounds/50heal power from time to time. But I love me some reduced chance to be crit... However, unless you are farming Liniments get expensive in a hurry, so using WP pot is perfectly fine. Increased heals and chance to Disrupt is always nice.

However, you MUST purchase Health Pots and AP pots. You can use both the PvP Vendors(from SCs and ORvR) and player made pots to "double pot". So, you can use 2 health pots and 2 AP pots on CD. Personally, I save 1 AP pot for if I have to pop Flee to get out of dodge, and use the other to assist with heals. Vendor AP pots are far cheaper than player made, but AH HP pots are dirt cheap.

Lastly. If you can, I highly suggest you go farm absorp pots. The mobs required aren't easy to get large numbers off, but dear god is it worth it... And since there's really no reason to go for the 20s version of the pot, you can use multipliers and get x5 5s pots per mat....

^^^ Everything above is entirely subjective and opinion.

Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Qwack

Post#5 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:37 pm

Just reinstalled RoR. Thanks Dabbart. Yeah I said I was done, but thanks to Aza for coming back and being cool. The AM/Shammy mechanics look good. There is no downside. Seems spot on. Have only had a day to experience the adjustments. Will give a more detailed assessment once I better experience these changes. Cheers!
Destro: [Agony] Qwack Shammy 80+, Krakkenn Chosen 79 and Mincer Choppa 70+
Order: [Kill Team] Krakken Knight 80+

Dabbart

Post#6 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:09 pm

Note, nothing in this or my AM breakdown really covers the latest mechanic system. I need to add something to these to cover that, as it’s quite fun.

Especially since you get your Lifetap at rank 4, it should impact lowbie healers quite a lot.

defleshed

Post#7 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:26 pm

Dabbart wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:09 pm Note, nothing in this or my AM breakdown really covers the latest mechanic system. I need to add something to these to cover that, as it’s quite fun.

Especially since you get your Lifetap at rank 4, it should impact lowbie healers quite a lot.
Great guide +1, Will you be adding the best way to use these new mechanic system any time soon?
"May your DPS be epic, your Zerglings move swiftly, your Rift Keys be plentiful, and your minions be deadly!" WAAAGH!!

dansari

Post#8 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:30 pm

defleshed wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:26 pm Great guide +1, Will you be adding the best way to use these new mechanic system any time soon?
Dab is taking a break from RoR. Not sure when he'll be back.
<Salt Factory>

Ads