Recent Topics

Ads

[SH] Rework effecting other builds?

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Aebel

[SH] Rework effecting other builds?

Post#1 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:38 pm

Just wondering if high level SHs are noticing a big change in their gameplay (most notably WB play) with the changes to Bad Gas as I noticed that the replacement ability requires you to be in SA. I'm talking specs outside of Stabbin

Ads
catholicism198

Re: [SH] Rework effecting other builds?

Post#2 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:09 pm

Aebel wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:38 pm Just wondering if high level SHs are noticing a big change in their gameplay (most notably WB play) with the changes to Bad Gas as I noticed that the replacement ability requires you to be in SA. I'm talking specs outside of Stabbin
A ranged SQ should never be in melee range. You have various abilities and tactics to help you avoid such situations.
Aside from using it "for the lolz," this ability has no real place for ranged squigs. You need to spend every point on improving your ranged abilities because your damage will be/is **** due to all the armor stacking and IBs/Kobtss.
The new iteration requires greater accuracy because it's a cone and there's less margin for error.

lefze
Suspended

Post#3 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:14 pm

catholicism198 wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:09 pm
Aebel wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:38 pm Just wondering if high level SHs are noticing a big change in their gameplay (most notably WB play) with the changes to Bad Gas as I noticed that the replacement ability requires you to be in SA. I'm talking specs outside of Stabbin
A ranged SQ should never be in melee range. You have various abilities and tactics to help you avoid such situations.
Aside from using it "for the lolz," this ability has no real place for ranged squigs. You need to spend every point on improving your ranged abilities because your damage will be/is **** due to all the armor stacking and IBs/Kobtss.
The new iteration requires greater accuracy because it's a cone and there's less margin for error.
False. ES SH was perfectly fine, the change did indeed affect warband SHs.
Rip Phalanx

catholicism198

Post#4 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:23 pm

lefze wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:14 pm
I never said it didn't affect warband play. In fact, I said that's it's harder to effectively apply.
-unless you're in some 6-man premade on voice com with a tank switching guard on the fly, you should never be in melee range.

lefze
Suspended

Post#5 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:36 pm

catholicism198 wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:23 pm
lefze wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:14 pm

I never said it didn't affect warband play. In fact, I said that's it's harder to effectively apply.
-unless you're in some 6-man premade on voice com with a tank switching guard on the fly, you should never be in melee range.
So a 24 man bomb premade on voice should do what? Not fight? All ACTUAL warband play is done in melee range, be it a magus, sorc, SH or mdps.

And I repeat myself, "ranged" SH (es+sty+possible bad gas+possible middle/left M4) was completely legit for bombing, although a little bit overnerfed.
Rip Phalanx

Aebel

Post#6 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:10 am

So you guys figure with the change to bad gas has effected the SHs place in WB play?