Recent Topics

Ads

[SH] Discussing the new changes

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Drix

[SH] Discussing the new changes

Post#1 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:24 am

Hello all fellow Squiggies!

For the past 4-6 months I have taken a break from the game. I'm sure I can speak for most (semi) experienced Squig Herders when I say that the new changes have gotten me excited to return to the game and test out the new game play. :D

My goal for this post is to discuss what builds and setups you guys are running as far as masteries, tactics, renown points. In addition, how you guys are approaching it as far as play style

So, lets get into it!

Gear

5/5 Mercenary
+Tankiness
+Additional point in the Path of Quick Shooting allows you to take the Run Away! tactic.

(I do not have full Conq/Dominator so I am currently unable to consider those sets as options)

Masteries

Max out the Path of Stabbin' tree while taking all abilities/tactics.
Remaining points into Path of Quick Shootin' while taking the Run Away! ability.

Tactics

I am still playing around with different combinations, but currently I am running:

(1) 'Ere, Squiggy (2) Sneaky Git (3) Sneaky Stabbin (4) Whazat Behind You?!

I am also experimenting with changing out (4) Whazat Behind You?! for the I Got Lots tactic.
I feel like that paired with the 'Ere, Squiggy tactic will be very useful, and almost required if you are going to run 'Ere Squiggy in the first place.

Renown Points

I am currently RR 55 and am running the following:

4/4 Reflexes (18% Parry)
4/4 Deft Defender (18% Dodge + Disrupt)
2/4 Opportunist (5% Melee Critical Strike)

Initial Thoughts

I am really enjoying the new changes!
More specifically, I enjoy:

1. No longer being glass cannon
~Around 30% in Parry/Dodge/Disrupt; and 3200 Armor (88% Physical Damage reduction) unbuffed
~Around 45% in Parry/Dodge/Disrupt and 4800 Armor (110% Physical Damage reduction) with Armor Pot + Sneaky Strike tactic buff
(both while having the Horned Squig summoned)

2. Increased mobility

3. Increased self healing
~Tastes Like Stuntie has great amounts of healing and is a much appreciated addition to the only other self heal we had, being Tastes Like Chicken (Squig sacrifice)

4. The new squig mount
~Lets you fly into battle seamlessly

As expected, I am finding that people try to target me first. I mean, how could you not with a giant squig running around in your face!

This build feels decent in its current state. I was able to succesfully skirmish 1v3 (vs weakish players), which was previously unheard of (for me at least). Please share how you are feeling about the rework.

P.S. Thank you Devs for this amazing rework! I look forward to all the new changes that will come down the road!
Last edited by Drix on Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Athergic

Re: [SH] Discussing the new changes

Post#2 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:38 am

I think I got lots is still going to be vital for my build. Just cause the pets tougher, doesn't mean it won't go down quickly. the aoe damage reduction might help though. I can't be with out my armor for 15 seconds, to risky for me still. even with the new armor buff.

I got lots, new tactic, ere squiggy, sharp toofs. 3 piece conq, 3 piece dom. up to run away in quick shooting, everything else in stabbing. going to test it out right about now, only got about 10 minutes in before work.
Doom Diver front man
videos: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=24708

Needabeer

Post#3 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:12 am

Athergic wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:38 am I think I got lots is still going to be vital for my build. Just cause the pets tougher, doesn't mean it won't go down quickly. the aoe damage reduction might help though. I can't be with out my armor for 15 seconds, to risky for me still. even with the new armor buff.

I got lots, new tactic, ere squiggy, sharp toofs. 3 piece conq, 3 piece dom. up to run away in quick shooting, everything else in stabbing. going to test it out right about now, only got about 10 minutes in before work.
Make another video!

Drix

Post#4 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:35 am

Athergic wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:38 am I think I got lots is still going to be vital for my build. Just cause the pets tougher, doesn't mean it won't go down quickly. the aoe damage reduction might help though. I can't be with out my armor for 15 seconds, to risky for me still. even with the new armor buff.

I got lots, new tactic, ere squiggy, sharp toofs
Yeah the pet still dies very fast. I agree, I think the more defensive built setup is better. The 15% dmg tactic doesnt add that much especially when you aren't doing a ton of damage to begin with. I think Pierce defenses in that slot is good as well when you are grouped with organised players

Athergic

Post#5 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:02 am

I've been getting the cooldown on the pet anyways while running I got lots for some reason. not at first, but something happened that made it not work not sure yet. Also outta my way wasn't activating when off cooldown, only happened once so far so will keep an eye out.

Feels like you can actually herd players with outta my way. I think it's awesome.
Doom Diver front man
videos: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=24708

charlysixb

Post#6 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:09 am

Athergic wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:02 am Also outta my way wasn't activating when off cooldown, only happened once so far so will keep an eye out.
Happened me a few times in one SC, i thought at first was due to run away ability with some conflict but both works good. Sometimes its just dont wanna activate even if is off cooldown.
Peckman And Chifli's

Gobboz Night Fever

Foomy44

Post#7 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:33 am

Athergic wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:02 am I've been getting the cooldown on the pet anyways while running I got lots for some reason. not at first, but something happened that made it not work not sure yet. Also outta my way wasn't activating when off cooldown, only happened once so far so will keep an eye out.

Feels like you can actually herd players with outta my way. I think it's awesome.
I have had no CD pounce tactic give me CD on pounce, and Get Outta My Way bug out so the CD is doubled in length and invisible on the tooltip, luckily relog fixes that one, wish I could find the triggers.

Changes are amazing, I love everything, All By Myself is very worth considering, we have a ton of tools to mess up backlines and no CD pounce lets u get there and stay there.

I imagine order will want some nerfs, I definitely feel strong but honestly not half as strong as my guardian WL when that rework first hit. I have yet to win a 1v5 and my pet hasn't solo'd anyone (and yes, my WL pet solo'd people all the time with me just laughing from 200 feet away)
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

nat3s

Post#8 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:49 pm

Changes feel good, we hit hard, mobility is great and I like the look and feel of a melee SH. I was hoping we'd be brought up to Guardian WL in terms of burst and i still fee squishier than a WL, but really cant complain.

Be interested to see a SH vs WL 1v1 duel post-changes!
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

Ads
Dammy095

Post#9 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:32 pm

still weaker than WL
gj tho

Foomy44

Post#10 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:34 pm

nat3s wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:49 pm Changes feel good, we hit hard, mobility is great and I like the look and feel of a melee SH. I was hoping we'd be brought up to Guardian WL in terms of burst and i still fee squishier than a WL, but really cant complain.

Be interested to see a SH vs WL 1v1 duel post-changes!
I've beat a few guardians 1v1 but I'm really tanky so they were stupid long fights and if they choose to flee I don't think there's any way I can catch them if they have M1 root. Very satisfying watching them run away from a 1v1 with a SH though. None of them killed my pet at any point either, I imagine that would have helped. They also weren't RR70 with LF + armor debuff spec.

Edit: After fighting a lot more I can safely say the good ones still beat me in my normal roaming gear/setup, at least I have a chance at running away now, good enough for me.
Last edited by Foomy44 on Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman