Recent Topics

Ads

[SH] Discussing the new changes

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Flavorburst

Re: [SH] Discussing the new changes

Post#121 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:37 pm

catholicism198 wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:38 pm
kmark101 wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:40 pm I think giant squigs are way over the top and should be nerfed hardcore.
Only thing that comes close to being Oped is Outta My Way! but the fact that it doesn't work 25% of the time and can be easily interrupted balance it out.

There has also been a significant drop in SA players- further proof that it's not oped. -if it were oped, then more people would still be playing them.

ok.

Ads
catholicism198

Post#122 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:47 pm

Hmmm. An sc without 6 IBs. Clearly photo-shopped.

*I was referring to orvr, pug scs are something different.

Flavorburst

Post#123 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:53 am

catholicism198 wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:47 pm Hmmm. An sc without 6 IBs. Clearly photo-shopped.

*I was referring to orvr, pug scs are something different.
You are kind of moving the goal posts, but anecdotally a see a bunch of them in orvr as well.

Tonixam

Post#124 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:58 am

I just realised why horned squig is doing so little damage.
Horned and gas squig now have reversed roles but occupy same spots in the skill tree.
While speccing full Path of Stabbin' you will increase output damage of Gas squig and to increase horned squig damage you need to go for Big Shootin'.
Put some free points into it and you will notice slight damage difference.

charlysixb

Post#125 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:03 pm

Tonixam wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:58 am I just realised why horned squig is doing so little damage.
Horned and gas squig now have reversed roles but occupy same spots in the skill tree.
While speccing full Path of Stabbin' you will increase output damage of Gas squig and to increase horned squig damage you need to go for Big Shootin'.
Put some free points into it and you will notice slight damage difference.
Well that makes no sense xD maybe its a bug, because Horny is now stab pet and should benefit from Stab tree points, Gas from Big Shooting and Spiked from Quick Shooting.
Peckman And Chifli's

Gobboz Night Fever

Sigimund

Post#126 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:18 pm

Is it going to be necessary to make a balance proposal to get the pets swapped between the trees?

charlysixb

Post#127 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:34 pm

There is difference yes

Edited post because i told earlier there was no difference ( i was mistaken )
Last edited by charlysixb on Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Peckman And Chifli's

Gobboz Night Fever

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#128 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:31 pm

Sigimund wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:18 pm Is it going to be necessary to make a balance proposal to get the pets swapped between the trees?
I believe Horned and Gas are lined up to be switched with the next client update. Those don't come at the same intervals as server updates.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
ToXoS

Post#129 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:15 pm

Alright, I've tested the new melee squig since it has been released and here is my feedback.

First and foremost, it is fun to play and really refreshing for the class. Now that melee squig is nice, the class has more build diversity. As it is right now I respec'ed back to ranged SH because playing a gobbo with a bow is why I play the class, but I know that if one day I would be bored by the playstyle, I would still be able to respec melee for a different gameplay experience.
From what I experienced, melee squig is a very mobile and rather tough class, with solid opening burst, at both ST and AoE. However, after the opening, damage is lacking quite substantially until the CD of the good abilities are up again.
In large scale battle, the pet die really quickly and without it, no more good burst or armor buff, so you basically end up being a light armored class in the hell of the melee, which is never a good idea. I have a 40/40+ WL too, and if the lion dies, I'm not doomed as if my horned squig dies.
The other good thing about melee SH is that even if your pounce and Outta ma Way! is on CD while a target is fleeing, you can still go out of your squig armor and use the ability Run away (from the quick shootin' tree) and your ranged snare to slow and kill your target.

Now about the bugs, the ones that I've experienced are:
Outta ma Way! being unusable even after the CD is off.
Zones transition like between Talabecland/High Pass do indeed makes your squig disappear then repoping, but the pet buff will be gone from your buffs, and indeed even the armor buff goes away after the transition (checked with .getstats).