Recent Topics

Ads

[SH] Place in endgame content

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
ToXoS

Re: [SH] Place in endgame content

Post#31 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:34 pm

I play a full glass canon SH in solo roaming and in pug wb, and it's a lot of fun.
While it's true that a DPS tank can outdamage a SH without effort, SH is not just about damage. It's about having a big tool belt that allows it to face pretty much any situations, if you put some time into learning the class and its potential.

Ads
Foomy44

Post#32 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:45 am

It can't be stressed enough how badly WL ruins SH's day. I have both classes near BiS geared so I've seen it from both sides plenty. I have literally never once lost any fight as a WL vs a SH. Most of them die at most a few seconds after the opening burst. I have a ton of alts I do well with and the amount of hate tells I got from SH players on my WL back when both sides could talk made up about 95% of my cross realm conversations across all my characters and I honestly don't blame them for being pissed, it's just stupid how fast and effectively WL kills SH. SH is fun thou underpowered compared to top tier DPS IMO, but WL will just ruin your day every time.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

Aebel

Post#33 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:33 am

Well SH literally just got a rework, really excited to see how the changes effect the class

Needabeer

Post#34 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:21 am

Aebel wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:33 am Well SH literally just got a rework, really excited to see how the changes effect the class
Looks like it's only for melee SH. Not sure if ranged is getting touched. Melee looks fun now though. Wonder if its viable in T4??

Fallenkezef

Post#35 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:42 am

Needabeer wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:21 am
Aebel wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:33 am Well SH literally just got a rework, really excited to see how the changes effect the class
Looks like it's only for melee SH. Not sure if ranged is getting touched. Melee looks fun now though. Wonder if its viable in T4??
It works for SW so I don't see why not.
Alea iacta est

Aebel

Post#36 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:49 am

Squig Armor is now a full on mount, thats pretty neat in itself

lefze
Suspended

Post#37 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:02 am

Fallenkezef wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:42 am
All the changes are gonna do is make SOLO better. It's a gutting of the normal warband SH, and won't really make melee SH good enough for proper 6 mans either. Remake approached the issues of the class from the wrong angle.
Rip Phalanx

ToXoS

Post#38 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:09 am

lefze wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:02 am

All the changes are gonna do is make SOLO better. It's a gutting of the normal warband SH, and won't really make melee SH good enough for proper 6 mans either. Remake approached the issues of the class from the wrong angle.
Can you please share your time-travel machine with us?
Because it seems that you know a lot about the upcoming melee SH rework, and how it performs on solo, group and WB perspective.
Or maybe you just pre-whining about a change that is not even in the game? Nah, that doesn't sound like you.

Ads
lefze
Suspended

Post#39 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:17 am

ToXoS wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:09 am
lefze wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:02 am

Can you please share your time-travel machine with us?
Because it seems that you know a lot about the upcoming melee SH rework, and how it performs on solo, group and WB perspective.
Or maybe you just pre-whining about a change that is not even in the game? Nah, that doesn't sound like you.
Just read the change and use your brain, it's not hard. My biggest gripe with this is warband play however, which I can elaborate for you. Previously you specced bad gas and used it every 20 seconds at the cost of one GCD. Now you have to pop in to squig armor and then pop out to use it. You could also sacrifice sneaky stabbing and take moralepump+WUDW, as you can't really go for pump+lots of shootin in bad gas spec. With the remake, you can take bad gas in a gimped form, and 5 minute CD on morales from WUDW makes it super meh. So that leaves you sitting with 3 points for the tree tied to your main skills if you want a usable morale and bad gas.
Rip Phalanx

Catweazle

Post#40 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:38 pm

Has the Melee Herder rework finally gone live?! I just "updated" my client but nothings changed apart from the char creation screen.