Recent Topics

Ads

[SH] Place in endgame content

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
sn3jk

Re: [SH] Place in endgame content

Post#11 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:34 am

SH actually really great, if class were stronger none would play other classes since SH out-cools all of em.

Main reason he 'feels' weak is because his perfect counter(cat) is played by everyone and their grandmother.

For solo i prefer: winds+dom(or merc if poor)+new onslaught. this gives around 4.2k armor and if you're lucky maybe even escape from a WL(or beat him if not deftard)
You need full pots to feel the true potential of the solo SH, since most of his value lies in utility(and if you die in 2 gcds you can't really utilise that utility :D )

For group: full dps, guard and heals will allow you to utilise your utility and being squishy shouldn't be a problem. Great synergy with a sorc, but really works with anything.

TL;DR
+Great class
+Awesome looks(esp with googles/battlebrewpack)
-cat food
Bacongrease - Squig Herder
Bloodynine - Chosen
Oldest - Shaman

Ads
Foomy44

Post#12 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:43 am

If Bad Gas build (melee) is considered viable and effective then someone please explain why the stabbity tree rework is basically a pile of strong buffs

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=21848

I doubt they would be giving that to a spec that's fine as is. They also seem pretty rare for a good spec, ~98% of the time I see one it's because I'm playing it.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

simtex
Suspended

Post#13 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:16 am

Squig is an insane class if paired with another dps like marauder or sorc, so that would be my suggestion - get some friends.
Beautybeast|Buffedbabe|Inikah|Simtex|Seifu
twitch

lefze
Suspended

Post#14 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:52 am

Foomy44 wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:43 am If Bad Gas build (melee) is considered viable and effective then someone please explain why the stabbity tree rework is basically a pile of strong buffs

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=21848

I doubt they would be giving that to a spec that's fine as is. They also seem pretty rare for a good spec, ~98% of the time I see one it's because I'm playing it.
Melee squig is horrible, bad gas is not.
Rip Phalanx

Callipso

Post#15 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:19 am

SH is great! But you need to know how to pick you're targets! And you need pick yer own size tactic.. sadly u need it because ur damage will be ****
Gaxx SH

Glorian

Post#16 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:24 am

<--- Needs a second life to run a Night Goblin Guild with Goblin Skirmish Groups. :(

Lesti like to build guilds out of gimped classes. ;)

diedrake

Post#17 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:47 am

Love the class but, w/o a grp thr lions will eat ya constantly. Wish sh didnt have to spec as glass to do ok damage but thats how it is :/ lmao wish every dps had to spec glass to do decent damage lol. I shelved mine due to this and have been playing on and off on a tank.
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

charlysixb

Post#18 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:03 pm

I wont say i miss my m2 because it would be a lie, always waited something in exchange but im gettin used to it. Squig dps is different than others while on quick shooting and its burst its low compared to other classes but the constant pressure it can keep still is pretty nice. Coupled with a sorc and a 2H BG is gold, or even a mara but if you expect to deal the same burst dmg as an engi or a festerbomber youre going to get disappointed. SH is pure diesel ( git ) xd.
Peckman And Chifli's

Gobboz Night Fever

Ads
Aebel

Post#19 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:41 pm

So what I'm getting from all this is that SH have alright damage best paired with high damage dealers because they bring a bunch of utility to the table, but they're fragile. Makes sense to me, I leveled one to 10 yesterday and with the amount of kiting I could do being squishy seems fair

Edit; what is squig armor used for? Seems like kind of a random ability

Lektroluv
Suspended

Post#20 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:19 pm

Aebel wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:55 pm What kind of place does a SH have in endgame content? I know the SW has some support abilities, do the SH offer anything to large or small scale play endgame or are they mostly a solo class?
Squig herders is the shittiest dps in game, that guys which say SH is good don't even play the class, don't heard them they are just uninformed people.

If you wanna deal half damage than any other class (included healers and tanks) with 4xtimes the stats and 4xtimes less supervivance posibility, is your class... otherwise it is just the destruction's pet, like that secondary actor which dies in first scene.

Right now the class is dead, and you should be aware because what i am saying comes from a lvl 78 Squig herder, not from a guy which don't even play the class and theyr main characters are in order.