Recent Topics

Ads

[SH] Place in endgame content

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Catweazle

Re: [SH] Place in endgame content

Post#41 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:14 pm

Amazing! Thanks Torque I'm looking forward to giving it a spin!

Ads
Glorian

Post#42 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:04 pm

Just a question from a SH Noob:

People here are talking about the SH as baddest non burst RDPS.
If compared on paper with Skirmish SW the damage on Squiggy with +20% Damage is on some abilities a little worse, on same as same level, on some abilities better.

SW has some additional dots or Crit Buff and, Squiggy has this nice speed buff and group moral pump, but no Ranged Knockdown.

Has someone here an overview of the difference between Skirmish SW and Path of Quick Shootin' Squiggy?

Lileldys

Post#43 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:11 pm

Glorian wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:04 pm Just a question from a SH Noob:

People here are talking about the SH as baddest non burst RDPS.
If compared on paper with Skirmish SW the damage on Squiggy with +20% Damage is on some abilities a little worse, on same as same level, on some abilities better.

SW has some additional dots or Crit Buff and, Squiggy has this nice speed buff and group moral pump, but no Ranged Knockdown.

Has someone here an overview of the difference between Skirmish SW and Path of Quick Shootin' Squiggy?
It might be far away, but SH gets access to Finish em' off without Scout stance requirement(needs rr60). Puts them level footing imo if you count that. Also better access to expolsive arrer.

Twitchz

Post#44 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:29 pm

Realistically SH has no place in end game. I've been playing one for about 4 months and have full Conquer gear - 500 weapon skill and 900+ ballistic, I hit with big shooting (13 points in tree) for between 100-200 damage.
It's utterly garbage really as a SH you can't contribute to keep sieges because most other ranged DPS out range you and your dead before you get chance to get a shot off. Melee side is just as bad as SH has practically no toughness or armor.

It's a real shame because I love the idea of being a goblin Archer and the background of the class, its just a joke to play. People who say they have lots of utlity I'm not sure what they are referring to. We get 3 poor dots and a snare that's it.

My advice is if you want to play a ranged class pick any other ranged class and if you want to play as melee pick any other melee class.

Foomy44

Post#45 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:38 am

Twitchz wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:29 pm People who say they have lots of utlity I'm not sure what they are referring to. We get 3 poor dots and a snare that's it.
SH is the only destro class with pierce defenses tactic, 15% evasion debuff that can be applied with aoe, pretty important in RvR. As for other utility you get arguably the best aoe knockback in the game, aoe snare, silence, disarm, knockdown, spammable heal debuff, armor+block debuff, ini debuff, 50% ap cost reduction M1 for your grp is probably pretty good but I play tank so only ever used the evasion one, and if you go melee spec you trade away healdebuff and easy application of some of that (you won't be weaving ranged debuffs into your melee rotation ever but it's still stuff u can throw out when you are injured and waitin for heals out of the fray) for aoe cd reduction debuff, a charging aoe knockback channel that doesn't trigger immunity and can hit/interrupt I think 4 times at full duration, and pounce for easy landing of other stuff.

So.... how much utility you need b4 you think it's enough exactly?
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

Sulorie

Post#46 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:24 am

Twitchz wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:29 pm have full Conquer gear - 500 weapon skill and 900+ ballistic, I hit with big shooting (13 points in tree) for between 100-200 damage.
No idea who you are targeting but you seem to hit the wrong targets.
Dying is no option.

lefze
Suspended

Post#47 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:57 am

Twitchz wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:29 pm Realistically SH has no place in end game. I've been playing one for about 4 months and have full Conquer gear - 500 weapon skill and 900+ ballistic, I hit with big shooting (13 points in tree) for between 100-200 damage.
It's utterly garbage really as a SH you can't contribute to keep sieges because most other ranged DPS out range you and your dead before you get chance to get a shot off. Melee side is just as bad as SH has practically no toughness or armor.

It's a real shame because I love the idea of being a goblin Archer and the background of the class, its just a joke to play. People who say they have lots of utlity I'm not sure what they are referring to. We get 3 poor dots and a snare that's it.

My advice is if you want to play a ranged class pick any other ranged class and if you want to play as melee pick any other melee class.
The finisher crits for almost 2k with bonus damage active and armor debuffs up. It's a very competitive class in smallscale with access to both good sustained damage and burst to get the actual kills.

Melee SH can be the highest armor spec in the game, you can easily reach 6k+.

Not only that, but you still have the option to do shoot through ya bomb, which isn't too shabby, and you can spec the 100ft range 2.4k damage morale while at it.
Rip Phalanx

wiscel

Post#48 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:56 am

The Squigherder is just big fun to play. And dps? In most scens my (rdps) squigherder is always in top 3 of dps, doing more dps than when I do scens on my sorc. It takes a while to get used to the class but once you get the hang of it it's lots of fun

Grts Nasty
Nasty - R8X Squig Herder
Mehlindy - R8X Witch Elf
Donavicenta - R8X Sorceress

Ads
Aceboltz

Post#49 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:52 am

SH place in end game content is really simple: put a heal debuff and trash debuffs on the sorcerer target in a 6-man group. That's it.
So you have to spec shooting. This means the lightest defenses in the whole game and really crappy damage.

Melee SH is bad in a competitive environment.

Shoot thru ya spam is awful nowadays. You empty your ap bar and can only kill the occasional unguarded slayer/bw.

But the class is ok now, they have a fun zerg spec that complements the roaming/sc spec: before melee sh rework they used to be healdebuff/bad gas bots only.

Twitchz

Post#50 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:27 pm

You are aware that "shooting through ya" does not benefit from the "shooting with da wind" tactic. It's Max range can not be improved.

In terms of who I'm shooting at, they're arch mages, engineers and bright wizards which I assume have less toughness and armor.