Recent Topics

Ads

[SH] Place in endgame content

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Sulorie

Re: [SH] Place in endgame content

Post#21 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:28 pm

Lektroluv wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:19 pm Right now the class is dead, and you should be aware because what i am saying comes from a lvl 78 Squig herder, not from a guy which don't even play the class and theyr main characters are in order.
Maybe ask those ppl who perform good with the class how to play SH. The renown rank card hold little value, it only means you stick to a class but apparently fail despite all the playtime. This hyperbole becomes boring.
Dying is no option.

Ads
footpatrol2

Post#22 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:36 pm

The SH class is super solid. Quick and big shooting is good. Stabby isn't bad in a warband setting. If RoR had the correct morale gain rates you wouldn't even need to buff stabby because the m4 on stabby is that good.

lefze
Suspended

Post#23 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:39 pm

Lektroluv wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:19 pm
Aebel wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:55 pm What kind of place does a SH have in endgame content? I know the SW has some support abilities, do the SH offer anything to large or small scale play endgame or are they mostly a solo class?
Squig herders is the shittiest dps in game, that guys which say SH is good don't even play the class, don't heard them they are just uninformed people.

If you wanna deal half damage than any other class (included healers and tanks) with 4xtimes the stats and 4xtimes less supervivance posibility, is your class... otherwise it is just the destruction's pet, like that secondary actor which dies in first scene.

Right now the class is dead, and you should be aware because what i am saying comes from a lvl 78 Squig herder, not from a guy which don't even play the class and theyr main characters are in order.
Renown rank=/=skill. Try to solve the problems you have instead of complaining about a perfectly good class being bad all the time. why you haven't stopped assuming you are the only SH on the server I don't get, you pull the argument every time there is a discussion, horrible way to try to discredit someones opinion when you have zero clue what people play and don't play.
Rip Phalanx

Lektroluv
Suspended

Post#24 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:54 pm

As i said, stop reading this fakeposters, they completely lack any idea of how bad the class is... instead you should read people which actually play the class.

Class is dead, everyone knows that, if they say anything against that... they are either trolling, have no idea about the class or don't play scenarios at all.

As long as you don't admit the stupid imbalance there is against mele trains in scenarios, the server will keep bleeding and lowering amount of players.

Sulorie

Post#25 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:07 pm

Lektroluv wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:54 pm As i said, stop reading this fakeposters, they completely lack any idea of how bad the class is... instead you should read people which actually play the class.

Class is dead, everyone knows that, if they say anything against that... they are either trolling, have no idea about the class or don't play scenarios at all.

As long as you don't admit the stupid imbalance there is against mele trains in scenarios, the server will keep bleeding and lowering amount of players.
Don't give up, you have time until rr255 to learn the class. :)
Dying is no option.

Aebel

Post#26 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:25 pm

Anyways I'm not worried about a lack of dps on a class currently, I put like 5-10 hours into this game in a week currently so by the time I hit endgame theres a very real chance that by the time I hit rr40 the class could have gotten a boost. I'm more worried about how viable they are in group play and from what I'm hearing they have good pressure and a lot of utility, and in solo play they can kite a lot of classes to death. I'm happy with that, and if being good with the class endgame takes a lot of practice and skill all the better because I would prefer to do well because I'm excelling at what I'm doing rather than because of the class I'm playing

Sulorie

Post#27 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:44 pm

Aebel wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:25 pm Anyways I'm not worried about a lack of dps on a class currently, I put like 5-10 hours into this game in a week currently so by the time I hit endgame theres a very real chance that by the time I hit rr40 the class could have gotten a boost. I'm more worried about how viable they are in group play and from what I'm hearing they have good pressure and a lot of utility, and in solo play they can kite a lot of classes to death. I'm happy with that, and if being good with the class endgame takes a lot of practice and skill all the better because I would prefer to do well because I'm excelling at what I'm doing rather than because of the class I'm playing
This is the right mindset, keep it going.
Dying is no option.

live4treasure

Post#28 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:01 pm

SH is an insanely strong class, especially when it's in the hands of very experienced players that now how to properly itemize and spend their renown points. You will have a lot of fun with SH if you've the patience to learn it
Giladar - rr 80 DPS AM

Ads
martillos

Post#29 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:03 pm

Sh at times can be annoying but is the funnest class ingame for me personally
Martillo SH 79 Martillo WL 70

Stinkyweed

Post#30 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:08 pm

A forewarning..

The class is extremely gear dependant (including potions) in order to make it viable due to changes since live. If you want to fulfill the role of DPS you will need to sacrifice survivability, the more "glass cannon" you can go the better. If you get caught, and you will get caught, just chalk it up to how you spec. WLs will be your bane, there is very little chance of getting away unless you have good support or they make a stupid mistake. And yes, even bad WLs will tear you up. Positioning, pre-kiting, and kiting will be your best friend...followed by a good support party.
You will need to max BS, WS, and Crit%...finding a balance between what works for you.

You can spec and gear more defensive, and it is a good idea while you learn the class to do so...or solo roaming. Duelist T2 (or T3, I forget) gear is decent when learning positioning because it has a snare proc when being attacked. If you toss some armor talismans on it and use gassy you can get away from many encounters when caught.

In conclusion, the class is not as GREAT as people here are advertising...nor is it TERRIBAD like others. In my opinion, it's average to below-average. The downside of being physical RDPS is that it always gets worse as armor values continue to rise with new gear. The loss of Unshakeable Focus, or anything being given back, has hurt the performance on the class. Not class breaking of course, but substantial burst reduction.
Stinkyweed SH.86
Prowl WE.85
Blob Chop.82
Babaganoush Sham.7x
Negative Creep Z.5x
Motley Crue WH.5x
Scratch WL.3x

Don't fall asleep...don't fall asleep...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP7uxesyQWo