Recent Topics

Ads

L2p Shammy thread

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
sccj09

L2p Shammy thread

Post#1 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:49 pm

I'm basically a complete scrub when it comes to healing as a shammy. Zealot & DoK make complete sense to me, but I always underperform when I jump on my shaman.

I would love to get good at this class. Any advice?

Ads
Ugle

Re: L2p Shammy thread

Post#2 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:11 pm

Push for 1100 willpower, 30+ healcrit, fck survivability, actually make a difference when healing. When you fail at positioning you die. A lot more fun than playing deftard with shlt healoutput. Honest opinion

Check my shammy in armory for proof :)
inactive

Kurama

Post#3 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:26 pm

Ugle wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:11 pm Push for 1100 willpower, 30+ healcrit, fck survivability, actually make a difference when healing. When you fail at positioning you die. A lot more fun than playing deftard with shlt healoutput. Honest opinion

DOK 8x
Zealot 8x
Shaman 8x
BO 7x

WP 8x
RP 8x
AM 8x

Bozzax

Post#4 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:34 pm

Mmm wp is so good outside of zerging and great positioning is a real counter when outnum
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Miszczu5647

Post#5 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:00 pm

You need to be more specific. What do you seek? Build and tactics setup? What to cast and when to cast it? Gear and tali setup?
Srul - Shaman
Sruula - Witch Elf
Jurwulf Srulson - Chosen

adamthelc

Post#6 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:15 pm

If you play with a decent group that will support you extra survivability over wp is worthwhile.

Without that I think the extra survivability is kind of pointless and you need to rely more on positioning. So I have had more luck with willpower.

So I would spec and play based on the content you are doing and wether or not you are pugging or playing with a group.

Loans

Post#7 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:17 pm

Ugle wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:11 pm Push for 1100 willpower, 30+ healcrit, fck survivability, actually make a difference when healing. When you fail at positioning you die. A lot more fun than playing deftard with shlt healoutput. Honest opinion

Wh's fest then :mrgreen:

footpatrol2

Post#8 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:47 pm

Heavy willpower glass build is super valid.
Deft tard heally build is also valid.

Playing glass for a long time will teach you about positioning and get you twitchy, which is a good thing. When you move to deft tard from playing glass for a LONG time defttard will feel retardo easy.

You can start at deft tard but will likely not be as good at positioning and twitchy if you started as glass. It's about the lesson's you learn from playing glass.

Deft tard heally imo is more for a solo ish playstyle which most ppl participate in. It is also 100% valid given the oppositions group comp.

Both are valid approaches. You gear swap to meet your opposition group comp. If they are running a magic heavy group comp or the SC has a TON of magic damage in it, go willpower. If they are running a physical damage group comp or the sc has a ton of physical damage in it, go more deft tard.

Ads
Fey

Post#9 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:26 am

Positioning is king, I'm getting rusty myself. I used to play LoL ARAM a couple games a day and that will get you hyper focused on position. With high wp a mediocre WH will kill you before you get up though, and dealing with pounce and fetch is tricky with only one 60 KB.

Shaman has the worst spike healing of any IMO which probably makes the higher WP build more valid.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Ugle

Post#10 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:03 am

Loans wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:17 pm

Wh's fest then :mrgreen:
Definatley :D
inactive