Recent Topics

Ads

[Black Orc] 2 handed

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
ponxer26

[Black Orc] 2 handed

Post#1 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:30 pm

Hello,

I like the look of the Black Orc and am thinking of rolling one and was wondering if the 2 handed weapon build was useful in anyway and if not then which tank spec is it useful for (if any).
If it is all useless I'd rather pick up a shield and do less damage. Always like feeling like some armored juggernaut than a squishy thing.

Thanks,

Ads
michela89

Re: [Black Orc] 2 handed

Post#2 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:53 pm

ponxer26 wrote:Hello,

I like the look of the Black Orc and am thinking of rolling one and was wondering if the 2 handed weapon build was useful in anyway and if not then which tank spec is it useful for (if any).
If it is all useless I'd rather pick up a shield and do less damage. Always like feeling like some armored juggernaut than a squishy thing.

Thanks,
we talked about it in a recent discussion you can find in this same section of the forum.

baiscally the 2h bo while able to dish out respectable damage becomes sort of a glorified mdps that can guard/detaunt , it can work with decent gear / RR and especially in a premade setting.
But I would rather stick to SnB dps for overall perfomance.

footpatrol2

Post#3 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:24 pm

You get spike damage by goin 2hnder thats the only thing you gain and you lose a lot. But spike damage is what kills ppl. SnB is more sustained but roughly the same overall damge. In 6 man stuff 2hnder is fine. In 6 man plus /large scale not so much unless your doing somethin hyper specific which I won't get into here.

TenTonHammer

Post#4 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:51 pm

ponxer26 wrote:Hello,

Thanks,

2H BO is a joke you trade significant survivability and utility and unlike 2H chosen or BG you receive nothing unique in return for that trade off

the kinda gear that let you do the kinda nonsense in those Shut yer face videos wont be in RoR

BO can still put out very respectable DPS/"spike damage" while using SnB thanks to Stab you godder and/or Gork smash, there is no reason to lose out and go SnB over 2H on BO as the class currently is

ragafury

Post#5 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:50 pm

ponxer26 wrote: If it is all useless I'd rather pick up a shield and do less damage. Always like feeling like some armored juggernaut than a squishy thing.
it's fun.
but you are far better off with playing the first 70 renown levels on SNB and collect BIS....^^
you will still feel squishy with bis and high RR sometimes, not always, but sometimes.

edit: may check dalgris stream, he is playing a lot of 2hd BO, he may have some vods up: http://www.twitch.tv/dalgri
--- inactive ---
---guildless---

rmpl

Post#6 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:08 pm

ragafury wrote:
ponxer26 wrote: If it is all useless I'd rather pick up a shield and do less damage. Always like feeling like some armored juggernaut than a squishy thing.
it's fun.
but you are far better off with playing the first 70 renown levels on SNB and collect BIS....^^
you will still feel squishy with bis and high RR sometimes, not always, but sometimes.

edit: may check dalgris stream, he is playing a lot of 2hd BO, he may have some vods up: http://www.twitch.tv/dalgri
Dalgri is running with a premade group 24/7, playing a 2H BO solo is pure masochism because you need a decent group to make it work.

footpatrol2

Post#7 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:01 am

Don't ever play this game solo.

ragafury

Post#8 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:31 am

footpatrol2 wrote:Don't ever play this game solo.
nothing to add to this statement.
--- inactive ---
---guildless---

Ads
Acidic

Post#9 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:21 pm

If u find a mix for 2h bo that is wb worthy I would love to know.
It is fun to play the 2h but not so fun for those who have to support u :)

rmpl

Post#10 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:28 pm

footpatrol2 wrote:Don't ever play this game solo.
I don't but most people do play solo. Anything can look viable in a proper 6man be it a FPS shaman or 2h BO. If you want to play a 2h BO the best thing to do would be to play a SM instead.