Recent Topics

Ads

Choppa spec?

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Unstoppable1776
Banned

Choppa spec?

Post#1 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:02 am

What’s your choppa Spec? I’m curious what other choppa date doing. I have a 40/50 choppa and I can hardly top damage numbers.

Please post your ST and AOR specs thanks

Ads
TenTonHammer

Re: Choppa spec?

Post#2 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:51 am

There is only 1 viable spec for choppa due to the fact that the wrecka tree is pure garbage and the 2h specific trees are not all that impressive

Going up savage for channeled heal, 50% inc heal debuff, the ap return exhaust (becuase what else are you going to waste a mastry point on?) and then dump the rest of the points into hitta

The reason your proably not hitting high damage numbers is becuase everyone and their mother is stacking armor and WSgives poor return on armor penetration value so if your not playing in a premade with a pocket guard, healer and armor debuff then your damage will be mediocre

Becuase, you know needing those 3 things mandatorily to function more or less as well as the other mdps is good class design apparently

venrik

Post#3 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:42 am

Pretty much what tentonhammer said as far as spec goes, but I feel that choppa isnt underpowered and doesnt require buff. All the other mdps classes need to be pulled back more in line with choppa. Slayer needs nerf to be more like choppa, not direct mirror, but certainly needs a few things pulled back a bit. Other than that, choppa/mara train is very good, just lacking a little in comparison with slayer/wl, in as far as pure damage goes. Just needs tweaks. Just my opinion though, dont shoot me

Arteker616

Post#4 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:59 am

:shock:
venrik wrote:Pretty much what tentonhammer said as far as spec goes, but I feel that choppa isnt underpowered and doesnt require buff. All the other mdps classes need to be pulled back more in line with choppa. Slayer needs nerf to be more like choppa, not direct mirror, but certainly needs a few things pulled back a bit. Other than that, choppa/mara train is very good, just lacking a little in comparison with slayer/wl, in as far as pure damage goes. Just needs tweaks. Just my opinion though, dont shoot me

so your idea is nerf all the classes to become as bad as choppa , original original. is hillarious choppa the most underpowered mdps on ror isnstead to get buff has got nerfs so hillarious

venrik

Post#5 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:13 am

Arteker616 wrote::shock:
venrik wrote:Pretty much what tentonhammer said as far as spec goes, but I feel that choppa isnt underpowered and doesnt require buff. All the other mdps classes need to be pulled back more in line with choppa. Slayer needs nerf to be more like choppa, not direct mirror, but certainly needs a few things pulled back a bit. Other than that, choppa/mara train is very good, just lacking a little in comparison with slayer/wl, in as far as pure damage goes. Just needs tweaks. Just my opinion though, dont shoot me

so your idea is nerf all the classes to become as bad as choppa , original original. is hillarious choppa the most underpowered mdps on ror isnstead to get buff has got nerfs so hillarious

My main is choppa. I don't feel massively under powered. My suggestion was bringing slayer down a tad, to be more like choppa. Not too much, to avoid direct mirror. Just to honest here, I would play choppa over all mdps classes, and I had RR100 slayer, mara, WE, and choppa on live, but that is my personal preference. I don't think choppa is gimped, I think some Mdps are stronger than others, and a subtle balancing is better than a mass buff to one, or a mass nerf to the others. Doesn't seem so hillarious (sic) to me.

TenTonHammer

Post#6 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:21 am

I don't think it's fair to nerf any mdps at all due to how much rdps to this day still dominates the game

Additionally let's not kid our selves, I can't understand why others, even the devs say choppa is fine when every one is forced to play 1 spec due to how garbage or useless a vast majority of choppas mastery options are

Get to the choppa is a garbage rng pull that's awful for mass pulls in cmapriaon to rift and inferior to terrible imbrace for targeted at pulls

Chop fasta still has it's long as cd and lost it's synergy vs sorc bombing while BO can provide a 20s cd version

No more helpin plays complete second fiddle to bgs soul killer which as no cool down so it can't really be cleansed and has triple wp debuff potential for added value

Tired already while good, is an exhaustive blow, thier are better options that choppas want to blow their exhaust on and Bo's not in da face can do the same thing

Ap return exhaust? Come on who even really needs that, group mates can provide you ap and their are better exhausts blows choppas wanna use

If nothing else

A class that has only 1 viable mastery spec

A class that is so restricted that it has only 1 viable, effective way that it can be played ie ST with hitta and sav spec

Is not ok

Every other melee dps class has ATLEAST 2 different ways to viably spec in mastery trees
Last edited by TenTonHammer on Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arteker616

Post#7 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:22 am

venrik wrote:
Arteker616 wrote::shock:

My main is choppa. I don't feel massively under powered. My suggestion was bringing slayer down a tad, to be more like choppa. Not too much, to avoid direct mirror. Just to honest here, I would play choppa over all mdps classes, and I had RR100 slayer, mara, WE, and choppa on live, but that is my personal preference. I don't think choppa is gimped, I think some Mdps are stronger than others, and a subtle balancing is better than a mass buff to one, or a mass nerf to the others. Doesn't seem so hillarious (sic) to me.
good for you. because having played here both , i can say choppa is currently at the bottom of all the mdps yet he has only got a nerf to the only thing made it viable in wb play wich was chop fasta (horrid **** beinga 2 min bot but garanted u a spot in any bomb grp raid). so u would nerf every other mdps in game to make it on line with choppa? because according to your logic having stronger mdps dont affect the game at all its just the status quo ,,,,
and a little thing in 6 man double slayer > slayer+wl by a long long shot .

Arteker616

Post#8 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:25 am

TenTonHammer wrote:
I don't think it's fair to nerf any mdps at all due to how much rdps to this day still dominates the game

Additionally let's not kid our selves, I can't understand why others, even the devs say choppa is fine when every one is forced to play 1 spec due to how garbage or useless a vast majority of choppas mastery options are

Get to the choppa is a garbage rng pull that's awful for mass pulls in cmapriaon to rift and inferior to terrible imbrace for targeted at pulls

Chop fasta still has it's long as cd and lost it's synergy vs sorc bombing while BO can provide a 20s cd version

No more helpin plays complete second fiddle to bgs soul killer which as no cool down so it can't really be cleansed and has triple wp debuff potential for added value

Tired already while good, is an exhaustive blow, thier are better options that choppas want to blow their exhaust on and Bo's not in da face can do the same thing

Ap return exhaust? Come on who even really needs that, group mates can provide you ap and their are better exhausts blows choppas wanna use

If nothing else

A class that has only 1 viable mastery spec

A class that is so restricted that it has only 1 viable, effective way that it can be played

Is not ok

Every other melee dps class has ATLEAST different ways to viably spec in mastery trees
the most hillarious is u can actualy run x3 prime specs for slayers , and all them are actualy viable in either 6 man or wb . and thank god for small favours of nerfs on shatterlimbs (actualy still excellent in wb vs wb play, not so much anymore in pug or 6 vs 6)

Ads
venrik

Post#9 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:54 am

ah comeon. Play WE and then talk about being gimped in group. And not seen a double slayer group running here recently. Seen plenty of WL/Sl groups running scs and roam groups. Was a lot more double slayer on live though, due to ID, shatter limbs. Chop/mara is a good combi. Is it the best? maybe not. But you dont have to buff chop to achieve that. You have to look at all the other dps out there

trebla
Banned

Post#10 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:01 am

I agree choppa in its current form is garbage for high level play, and for group members who have to play with it. I quit playing my choppa months ago cause i realized this, and saw no changes coming for the class. It lacks in every aspect, and to make it viable you have to gear so far into the dps spectrum that no tank can keep you alive during focus unless 2 healers dumping everything.
The sad part is that every other class in game can out burst the Choppa even though they are utility tree, For example WL, Slayer, Mara, and even some tanks. The class is straight garbage with the changes made to game like no Trivial blow, stat adjustment on gear versus that from live, and talis and potions that are not attainable that made the class vianble in live.
In my opinion none of theses devs played a choppa on live so they cant tell the difference.