Recent Topics

Ads

[Choppa] Lets talk gear / spec / renown setup

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
TenTonHammer

Re: [Choppa] Lets talk gear / spec / renown setup

Post#11 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:12 pm

Foltestik wrote:choppa is good, but you need to make party around you, if you play solo you will be perma respawning
how much longer will we keep up this line of dialogue? you can say that about basically every class in this game

choppa ofc will become stronger if you shove a pocket guard and healer on it, but its not like you become the second coming of grimgor ironhide

choppas performance in a group from my personal experience and what ive seen to me dosnt not justify its lack luster performance outside of one vs other classes that function fine solo and well in a group

as a robin said the class has extreme highs and lows but the highs dont seem to justify the lows to me

combine that with lackluster skill trees and abilities, bad potential and thus low desireablity for WB's now that chop fasta has been gimped and i personally feel that choppa has a whole host of issues that need to be looked at

Ads
Panzerkasper

Post#12 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:32 pm

In theory Choppas best way to play is with 2h weapon. The utility is better and the damage peaks are much higher. You have a reliable source of crit in form of strong finish since the debuff was removed. It has the hardest hitting finisher with No more helpin.

The thing is, it is extremely reliant on droppping your finishers with full berserk and that is the problem, because to actually play it to full potential you would need to slot Wot Rules?, but doing this is pure suicide. The next option is wear em down, it is a lot better but not really satisfying at all because of the luck component.

Also a big problem the choppa aswell as the slayer have is that they actually need 2 gcd to effectivly detaunt: remove rage->detaunt. Solution would be easy: Make detaunt drop rage.

Also I think Chop fasta is better now, because of the lower cooldown you dont need to be that careful anymore when to use it and when not.

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

TenTonHammer

Post#13 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:09 pm

Panzerkasper wrote:In theory Choppas best way to play is with 2h weapon. The utility is better and the damage peaks are much higher. You have a reliable source of crit in form of strong finish since the debuff was removed. It has the hardest hitting finisher with No more helpin.

The thing is, it is extremely reliant on droppping your finishers with full berserk and that is the problem, because to actually play it to full potential you would need to slot Wot Rules?, but doing this is pure suicide. The next option is wear em down, it is a lot better but not really satisfying at all because of the luck component.

Also a big problem the choppa aswell as the slayer have is that they actually need 2 gcd to effectivly detaunt: remove rage->detaunt. Solution would be easy: Make detaunt drop rage.

Also I think Chop fasta is better now, because of the lower cooldown you dont need to be that careful anymore when to use it and when not.
the thing with chop fasta is that now that it dosnt interact with sorc IW anymore, the desirability of it took a real hit

2h choppa though, whats the point? yeah theirs weaklin killa but i personally dont find it all that great even when i tried it with strong finish, i think the ability should be tunred into a REAL finisher like SH's finish em off, inc dmage when target is under a specific hp threshold

going 2H, losing 10% parry and faster aa and all that jazz just for a 15s cd ability dosnt really feel it, Slayer atleast has death blow, devestate and spellbreaker

no more helpin? if your group is hellbent on an outgoing HD, bg with soul killer is hands down better and i cant find any way to justify taking this over furious choppin

tired already? its nice but i feel you can get the job done with not in da face

all of these have you blown rage which choppa dosnt want to do if it dosnt have to

i can see quite few people opposing detuant being auto rage drop as i can easily think of scenarios where it would really inconvenience them

flatfoot1987

Post#14 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:46 pm

For some reason I prefer a 2h without actually going deep into 2nd tree. It just feels that it provides more spike damage. I want to try the updated strong finish but choppa core tactics are just too good to drop them.

I'm pretty sure you have to run as much str as possible but WS stacking doesn't seem to pay off well. I used to run 45% armor pen with 600+ WS and now I have it slightly under 500 (about 35% arp) and it doesn't feel that different.

We kinda hijacked the thread but is just shows that people are concerned about the issues of the class.

I got a feeling that some day choppas will be above marauders on the food chain, not sure when though.

Right now my main reason to play a choppa is that the class doesn't feel represented in T4 and marauder is kinda overpopulared. I really don't like the fact there's like 2-4 marauders in almost every scenario but it just shows how much better the class is.

It feels like people roll choppas and then they get lost on their way to r40.
Murdock - Marauder
Gromyka - IB
Agnostic - WP

TenTonHammer

Post#15 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:16 am

flatfoot1987 wrote:For some reason I prefer a 2h without actually going deep into 2nd tree. It just feels that it provides more spike damage. I want to try the updated strong finish but choppa core tactics are just too good to drop them.

I'm pretty sure you have to run as much str as possible but WS stacking doesn't seem to pay off well. I used to run 45% armor pen with 600+ WS and now I have it slightly under 500 (about 35% arp) and it doesn't feel that different.

We kinda hijacked the thread but is just shows that people are concerned about the issues of the class.

I got a feeling that some day choppas will be above marauders on the food chain, not sure when though.

Right now my main reason to play a choppa is that the class doesn't feel represented in T4 and marauder is kinda overpopulared. I really don't like the fact there's like 2-4 marauders in almost every scenario but it just shows how much better the class is.

Yeah man i get what your saying on a lotta levels,

I always felt that DW should have been weaker but faster and better at procing procs while 2H should have been slowere but have greater spike damage, in reality though its not working out like that, the tooltip/spike damage differential between the 2 is not sufficiently noticeable

i think one thing the devs should consider is corrosion procs on 5/6 peice sets, it was a one off thing for deva mara set in t3 then they started giving it to rdps for some reason

in this day and age where every mdps is mixing 2 piece sets for maximum str it would give some reason to go for full 5/6 set bonuses again

weapon skill stacking just dosnt feel like its really translating enough and like i stated before i dont like this over dependence on groups for choppa, "get a pocket armor debuff along with that pocket guard and heal or bust"

I love greenskins, i love playing choppa, i dont want to stop playing the class, no class makes me feel as happy as choppa when i get a kill with them but i dont want to keep playing a class when i KNOW i can be more effective as something else.

I switched to BO which is basically what you play you wanna mdps but not get **** on as hard by rdps but tanking isnt for me and now im here with mara and regrettably im more effective than ive ever been on my choppa becuase the dps potential is same but i have greater utlity and additionally between CC, PB and 28% armor pen from WS, armor is not as huge an issue for me to surmount i also have better AoE and especially M2 which makes me all around better for WB's

Another part of me wants to suggest reducing the toughness penalty of dont wanna live for eva

The rage mechanic alone i feel enures that the class is sufficiently glass cannon

I wonder if the devs feel that the class has issues, i know torq stated that at some point GTTC! might see a change for which im glad, its nothing more than a terribad rng pull and destro has better aoe pull with rift and ST foucs pull with TE

but i hope they dont feel the rest of the class is "ok" because it some how works in RoR's non existent 6 man scene once you tie 2-3 classes to the choppa just to "enable it"

flatfoot1987

Post#16 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:41 am

Spoiler:
TenTonHammer wrote:
flatfoot1987 wrote:For some reason I prefer a 2h without actually going deep into 2nd tree. It just feels that it provides more spike damage. I want to try the updated strong finish but choppa core tactics are just too good to drop them.

Yeah man i get what your saying on a lotta levels,

I always felt that DW should have been weaker but faster and better at procing procs while 2H should have been slowere but have greater spike damage, in reality though its not working out like that, the tooltip/spike damage differential between the 2 is not sufficiently noticeable

i think one thing the devs should consider is corrosion procs on 5/6 peice sets, it was a one off thing for deva mara set in t3 then they started giving it to rdps for some reason

in this day and age where every mdps is mixing 2 piece sets for maximum str it would give some reason to go for full 5/6 set bonuses again

weapon skill stacking just dosnt feel like its really translating enough and like i stated before i dont like this over dependence on groups for choppa, "get a pocket armor debuff along with that pocket guard and heal or bust"

I love greenskins, i love playing choppa, i dont want to stop playing the class, no class makes me feel as happy as choppa when i get a kill with them but i dont want to keep playing a class when i KNOW i can be more effective as something else.

I switched to BO which is basically what you play you wanna mdps but not get **** on as hard by rdps but tanking isnt for me and now im here with mara and regrettably im more effective than ive ever been on my choppa becuase the dps potential is same but i have greater utlity and additionally between CC, PB and 28% armor pen from WS, armor is not as huge an issue for me to surmount i also have better AoE and especially M2 which makes me all around better for WB's

Another part of me wants to suggest reducing the toughness penalty of dont wanna live for eva

The rage mechanic alone i feel enures that the class is sufficiently glass cannon

I wonder if the devs feel that the class has issues, i know torq stated that at some point GTTC! might see a change for which im glad, its nothing more than a terribad rng pull and destro has better aoe pull with rift and ST foucs pull with TE

but i hope they dont feel the rest of the class is "ok" because it some how works in RoR's non existent 6 man scene once you tie 2-3 classes to the choppa just to "enable it"
I suggested corrosion for choppas/slayers on forums numerous times btw. It's more of a bandaid fix but I'm sure it will make things slightly more enjoyable. I have a T3 range slayer with full mayhem set and since I'm bolstered to play among T4 guys I can say that it makes noticeable difference even with that low value debuff from an early T3 pve set.

I wanted to roll a 2h BO but I just believe that they're too snb oriented and using a 2h will only makes sense starting from rr40 (20 pts in parry and 20 more in disrupt/dodge) and getting there with a spec you don't like isn't exactly fun.

And I agree on that whole "get an armor debuff guy, tank and healer to play a choppa" attitude. If doing so would make a choppa a sick weapon of mass destruction then it would make sense. You can invest all these resources required to maintain a choppa elsewhere and get more results.

Zerk mechanic either needs more benefits or less disadvantages. It feels obsolete.
Murdock - Marauder
Gromyka - IB
Agnostic - WP

Haojin

Post#17 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:45 am

Ravai wrote:.
go ahead for solving misery.
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn

Tesq

Post#18 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:54 pm

Game is about multiplers , overpowered broken multiplers...slayer as road said have a better range controll on top of better support which make is risk tactics better and more reliable.
Slayer have better multiplers and better way to ignore avoidance , his burst is the highest in game for melee under the correct conditions.

Wanna see choppa get fix? I desume slayer will never be nerf and mara will just look atpatchnote to have an idea.... I wont have high hopes for choppa at all.

He will never ever see keep on chopping go to rampage ( alredy proposed and got rejected) utility level and according to that whatever is done will no take it on par with slayer.

Ads
Bozzax

Post#19 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:01 am

You can use Wild Choppin’ to dump rage at any time so no problem at all
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Haojin

Post#20 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:06 am

best choppa build so far -grobbok edition- :

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=chp ... :4676:4686:
Last edited by Haojin on Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn