Recent Topics

Ads

[Shaman] Questions of the old shaman

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Nabaro

[Shaman] Questions of the old shaman

Post#1 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:10 am

Hello. I have been away from the game for a long time. And now I see that completely removed the experimental shaman's build. Instead, it now has an old build with minor changes.

Question 1. Did experimental build deleted forever? I really liked it. In addition to the dull healbotting in it, I could quite productively use theft of life(I'll take that). That allowed me to approach the burst treatment to the more popular heal class. But now, everything is bad with a burst.

Question 2. The new old mechanics behaves is very strange.
When the gork / mork have five points, some skills should be instant, in fact they are not. The cast passes instantly, but the numbers appear with a delay of 1-3 seconds. And if you do not just wait on the spot, the skills will not work at all. Do I need to write about this on a bugtracker or is it a known problem?
Triv, Nabari \ Nerv, Virt
https://www.twitch.tv/nabaro

Ads
lefze
Suspended

Re: [Shaman] Questions of the old shaman

Post#2 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:29 am

From what I have been able to figure out you have to wait out the gcd for the cast, ergo the spells aren't instacast, but about 1 second casts, only that the castbar is bugged.
Rip Phalanx

catholicism198

Post#3 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:23 pm

Nabaro wrote:Hello. I have been away from the game for a long time. And now I see that completely removed the experimental shaman's build. Instead, it now has an old build with minor changes.

Question 1. Did experimental build deleted forever? I really liked it. In addition to the dull healbotting in it, I could quite productively use theft of life(I'll take that). That allowed me to approach the burst treatment to the more popular heal class. But now, everything is bad with a burst.

Question 2. The new old mechanics behaves is very strange.
When the gork / mork have five points, some skills should be instant, in fact they are not. The cast passes instantly, but the numbers appear with a delay of 1-3 seconds. And if you do not just wait on the spot, the skills will not work at all. Do I need to write about this on a bugtracker or is it a known problem?
1. iirc, they were having some issue with the code and the current team does/did not know how to adjust it, so they removed it until they could make some real changes.
1.5. I'll Take That! did 0.000000000001% damage to the target, with a mechanic point, so there was no real 'burst' potential.
It did a flat 200-250 damage- no crits.

2. Ignore the tool tips as the abilities are not actually instant cast like they were pre-.ab ex- Brain Busta and I'll Take That! actually have a 1 second cast time, but you cannot see the cast bar with Brain Busta- the projectile for Brain Busta fires at about 0.5 seconds but you won't see the damage until the cast is completed at about 1 second- this is the main reason as to why you see the delay in damage. If you move before the cast is completed- it will cancel out the ability, but you still see the projectile.

voldepoule

Post#4 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:56 pm

Yep, same issue with archmage. Make the gameplay less fluid. End of lifetap was a nice surprise imo, but the result with this issue make stop playing my am atm.

Nabaro

Post#5 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:06 pm

catholicism198 wrote: 1.5. I'll Take That! did 0.000000000001% damage to the target, with a mechanic point, so there was no real 'burst' potential.
It did a flat 200-250 damage- no crits.
Yes. I mean HEAL burst. On old experimental build for 250 dmg i can heal 1500 hp(with heal points in mechanic), with tactic Waaagh! Frenzy i do it fast and have small AOEheal for 3 target. Now I do 20-50 dmg and ~same heal.

P.S. And all attacking skills had a good average damage with heal points in ex build. Now it's not.
Triv, Nabari \ Nerv, Virt
https://www.twitch.tv/nabaro

Telen
Suspended

Post#6 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:09 pm

I just came back after a long break from the game. Sucks that when I left shaman/archmage were competitive and now they are back to what they were on live, a broken mess.

freshour
Banned

Post#7 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:06 pm

Yeah I personally loved playing my shaman but currently I have no idea how to effectively play it. I mostly tried the class in the first place back when T3 was the cap and I hung around T2 RVR playing the damage spec. But when T4 and the experimental mode came out I loved it. I go to feel like I was playing damage spec but it was just this super fluid form of healing. You hot up then get your burst life taps then hot up and repeat, just... fluid is the only way I can describe it.

Currently, I'm not exactly sure how to go about it. I keep standard hot on everyone in party, the life tap hot is on the dps generally, use the ap drain on CD, and then my other HOT as well. But the whole playing with the mechanic shifting from +1 of heal to +1 of damage to faster cast each spell doesn't feel right anymore. I was curious if anyone adopted a new type of rotation or if they are doing it like the old days where you pretty much ignore the mechanic entirely?

With the help of a few others I got the lifetap specs down even after several nerfings in a row, but now I can't even stomach the class so I just stick to my melee DoK in 6 mans. So if anyone has any tips to make the class seem fluid again I'd love to hear it.

Miszczu5647

Post#8 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:00 pm

Shaman and AM were op with .ab ex first implementation. I know this coz I main shaman. Now we have what we have and shaman need to adapt. And I must say that I still have pleasure from playing my little gobo. What you can do:
1. Keep your willpower around 600-650. When you have it stack armor and wounds.
2. Use run away! and whatz behind you tactics.
3. Run RD. Try to use it just before or just after focused mind. That's create 20 sec window with cc immunity.
4. Capitalize on mechanics by using fast (and best in game) 5 sec silence. BW, AM, RP, healing WP. A lots of targets for this spell. Sure disrupt could by pain in the.... but you also will disrupt theirs spells.
5. Since earlier patch our puddle is working correctly and it is noticeable change.

Hope it will help a little.
Srul - Shaman
Sruula - Witch Elf
Jurwulf Srulson - Chosen

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#9 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:00 pm

Does this mean Zealot is the best destro healer? Dok sucks and Sham sucks apparently. Someone has to come out on top, right?

Or is it more an issue that you don't have a de-facto OVERPOWERED healer to choose over the other two? That would be our goal, the balance, oh the sweet balance...
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

freshour
Banned

Post#10 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:17 pm

wargrimnir wrote:Does this mean Zealot is the best destro healer? Dok sucks and Sham sucks apparently. Someone has to come out on top, right?

Or is it more an issue that you don't have a de-facto OVERPOWERED healer to choose over the other two? That would be our goal, the balance, oh the sweet balance...
Zealot is hands down the best healer for Destro currently. Zealot can out heal the other 2 and if you have a zealot then healing on a DoK is actually pretty awesome. Can't speak for shammy but I only gave it a good college try for maybe an hour before I Alt-F4'd. I do know the people who played prior to experimental mode are still doing well but most in game say it feels pretty rough.

So I'd say in order

Zealot
Shammy
DoK

- Unless Zealot + DoK which I think is much better than Zealot/Shammy as the AOE heals and AOE hots are increased to a level that is actually pretty decent. If DoK gets no healing love then some form of AOE detaunt would make it balanced out, not exactly sure what shammy needs tweaked as I don't have as much experience in them. But Zealot is for sure amazing as it always has been just due to versatility alone and ability to heal while kiting.