Recent Topics

Ads

Black Orc...SNB vs 2hd

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Vri

Re: Black Orc...SNB vs 2hd

Post#11 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:13 pm

Nefarian78 wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:04 pm
Vri wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:33 am
Nefarian78 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:01 pm Going 2h on a tank really isn't worth it. While it's a lot more fun to play (in my opinion) you lose way too many utilites and defensive capabilities and the damage gain is too low to justify the loss of skills like HTL and your block chance.

Edit: Forgot to add, you can't replicate those 4k Shut yer face crits from all the videos on Youtube here, so if you really want to go 2h the only way is to go Down ye go + T'ree hit combo.

Basically all you do is Taunt, Wot Armor/clobber/follow me lead into a Down ye go into a T'ree hit combo, with some lucky Da biggest procs + Loudmouth you *could* burst someone down
You would do more damage if your burst was better. Clobber shouldnt be used, you left out Big Swing and Skull Thumpa...lets do this

Tacs: Stab You Gooder, Gork Smash, Good at Big Choppin, Loud Mouth OR Focused Off, if you are solo and need to kill a healer.

What you should do to open and burts: Wot Armr, Big Swing, Skull Thumpa, Follow ma lead, Right in the jibs, taunt, knock down, you what, change plan, t'ree hit combo. Everything after knock down will hit while your target is down.
That post was made in 2017. You gotta pay more attention to that, dawg. Things were very, very different back then.

EDIT: Also, for the love of god never use Focused Offense. Regardless of your argument, the moment anyone says to use Focused Offense any argument becomes invalid.
I do not care when it was made. Your rotat was still not correct and others have seen that post and did not correct it. Focused Offense can be used in roaming and sc. Its used more often than you think.

Ads
ashton007

Post#12 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:29 pm

I can confidently say that since they nerfed waaagh, 2h has become way more viable of a spec. It requires good gear and rr80 to pull it off but you are good for the single target party, just find a good witch elf and armor debuff for her, THC her targets you will end with high kill contribution and decent damage. I find that BO is likely the closest tank to a true DPS while remaining tough, easy 6.5k armor. The main thing u lack on 2h BO is parry so just try to compensate with gear.

DokB

Post#13 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:30 am

Vri wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:13 pm
Vri wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:33 am

You would do more damage if your burst was better. Clobber shouldnt be used, you left out Big Swing and Skull Thumpa...lets do this

Tacs: Stab You Gooder, Gork Smash, Good at Big Choppin, Loud Mouth OR Focused Off, if you are solo and need to kill a healer.

What you should do to open and burts: Wot Armr, Big Swing, Skull Thumpa, Follow ma lead, Right in the jibs, taunt, knock down, you what, change plan, t'ree hit combo. Everything after knock down will hit while your target is down.
That post was made in 2017. You gotta pay more attention to that, dawg. Things were very, very different back then.

EDIT: Also, for the love of god never use Focused Offense. Regardless of your argument, the moment anyone says to use Focused Offense any argument becomes invalid.
I do not care when it was made. Your rotat was still not correct and others have seen that post and did not correct it. Focused Offense can be used in roaming and sc. Its used more often than you think.
It does matter when the post was made (not to mention thread-Necromancy). The rotation is still correct. Apply armor debuff or FML if you are assisting Mara, knock them down and T’ree Hit them until they’re dead. Skullthumper when THC is on cooldown. Snare/RiDJ in between. It’s not rocket science. Your suggested rotation has DYG as the 7th GCD and THC as the 9th GCD? That’s way too long to wait before your burst starts. KD needs to come out as quickly as possible when you’re trying to burst someone down otherwise it gives people time to react to the damage spike. Ideally its KD as the 1st or 2nd ability then cycling as quickly as possible back to Da Best Plan into THC.

Focussed Offense is a PvE tactic. Never, ever, ever, ever run it in anything PvP related. Your entire group will thank you for it, if they haven’t yet succumbed to a stroke trying to keep you alive.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Noslock

Post#14 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:06 pm

ashton007 wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:29 pm I can confidently say that since they nerfed waaagh, 2h has become way more viable of a spec. It requires good gear and rr80 to pull it off but you are good for the single target party, just find a good witch elf and armor debuff for her, THC her targets you will end with high kill contribution and decent damage. I find that BO is likely the closest tank to a true DPS while remaining tough, easy 6.5k armor. The main thing u lack on 2h BO is parry so just try to compensate with gear.
Lack parry? Isn close to 70% with weapon proc enough?

ashton007

Post#15 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:50 pm

Noslock wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:06 pm
ashton007 wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:29 pm I can confidently say that since they nerfed waaagh, 2h has become way more viable of a spec. It requires good gear and rr80 to pull it off but you are good for the single target party, just find a good witch elf and armor debuff for her, THC her targets you will end with high kill contribution and decent damage. I find that BO is likely the closest tank to a true DPS while remaining tough, easy 6.5k armor. The main thing u lack on 2h BO is parry so just try to compensate with gear.
That is with gear. Which I said! 😉 tho I don’t see how you get 70 on BO even with BiS. You can get 10 from weapon 18 from renown 6-8from gear and 6 from the sentinel ring, finally 15 from you wot which has only 2/3 uptime. It’s closer to 60 which is good still, 2h kobs make it work with basically none.
Edit: ah and another 5% from great weapon mastery. Pretty close to 70!

Noslock

Post#16 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:55 pm

ashton007 wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:50 pm
Noslock wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:06 pm
That is with gear. Which I said! 😉 tho I don’t see how you get 70 on BO even with BiS. You can get 10 from weapon 18 from renown 6-8from gear and 6 from the sentinel ring, finally 15 from you wot which has only 2/3 uptime. It’s closer to 60 which is good still, 2h kobs make it work with basically none.
Edit: ah and another 5% from great weapon mastery. Pretty close to 70!
I got 51 only with weaponskill buff and parry in renown in 5wl 3 sov.Add the 6 from sentinel and 10 from weapon and voila.Add to that 700 str and close to 800 toughness and 11k hp.

Vri

Post#17 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:32 am

DokB wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:30 am
Vri wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:13 pm

It does matter when the post was made (not to mention thread-Necromancy). The rotation is still correct. Apply armor debuff or FML if you are assisting Mara, knock them down and T’ree Hit them until they’re dead. Skullthumper when THC is on cooldown. Snare/RiDJ in between. It’s not rocket science. Your suggested rotation has DYG as the 7th GCD and THC as the 9th GCD? That’s way too long to wait before your burst starts. KD needs to come out as quickly as possible when you’re trying to burst someone down otherwise it gives people time to react to the damage spike. Ideally its KD as the 1st or 2nd ability then cycling as quickly as possible back to Da Best Plan into THC.

Focussed Offense is a PvE tactic. Never, ever, ever, ever run it in anything PvP related. Your entire group will thank you for it, if they haven’t yet succumbed to a stroke trying to keep you alive.
If it did matter the post would have been locked. This is a open format and how the forum works here.This post was not back on page 132. As for you rotation, its one of many. I was correcting the post i replied and gave a replacement for that. If this was an issue, i am sure someone would have locked it. Its not rocket science, right ? I will still not agree with Focussed offense. I have luck with it in SCs and roaming.

DokB

Post#18 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:38 am

<reserving this post to reply to you 4 years from now>
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Ads
Tillirage

Post#19 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:33 am

<Reserving this spot to check the post at 2025>