Recent Topics

Ads

Dps shammy brain storming

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Dps shammy brain storming

Post#1 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:59 am

Hi all ppl out there who knows to play a dps shammy. I wanna open topic about pure dps shammy. Dont wanna read Things like ist viable or not. Wanna Hear some ideas where The Problems are and how it cool be better to write some balance proposals. So PLZ Just talk here If u rly know what a dps shammy can do and what not. I have some ideas But First i wanna Hear some Things from other dps shammy players out there.
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

Ads
peterthepan3

Re: Dps shammy brain storming

Post#2 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:16 pm

schizo wrote:If you want dps, don't pick healer.

Shaman actually has very respectable burst DPS.

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#3 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:22 pm

Aww w psssht If je dont know it dont tell him . Wanna Make inkognito dps
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

Telen
Suspended

Post#4 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:31 pm

The advantage shaman has is having better single target burst makes them a little less reliant on dot stacking. The issue for them and the am is dps versatility. Outside a small amount of aoe and between cd on BoW there really arent many options. I suggested years back that Yer a Weakling and You'z Squisy be developed. One as a aoe dot damage increase debuff that would synergize with magus/engie aoe dots and one as a dot spread for life leaka like the sorc deathmark mechanic in swtor. Shaman players and devs decided just giving them an extra dot was a better idea.

Miszczu5647

Post#5 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:39 pm

When I tried dos shaman (not much) I always had a problem with Brain Burst+Big Waaagh. Two skills that can create burst. Main problem is that I can't move for 3 seconds. With experimental mode I have shortened cast time but still... Maybe that's why I love mobility healing shammy ;)

Question: How looks like shaman rotation now with Getin Smarter? Does this dot change something?
Srul - Shaman
Sruula - Witch Elf
Jurwulf Srulson - Chosen

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#6 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:41 pm

I think The biggest Problem from dps shammy is pressure. The burst is nice and about 3-5 k dmg on a squishy in 1,8 seconds is rly good But If The target is down u have CDs or nö more ap to hold the pressure

Miszczu5647

Post#7 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:07 pm

1.8 sec to pull Brain Burst+Big Waaagh? This means that you have 2 Gork points? How much do you need to make full rotation (with dots)? I am asking coz I am very inexperienced in dps shammy.
If I try put all dots on my target I spent my Gork points. And Brain Busta + Big Waaagh are casted with full cast time 3 sec). If I use only one dot then my damage is... low.
Another issue is intelligence. With current gear I am not able to pull more than ~800. And I don't feel that spending renown points on this is a good idea.

Bunch of Waaagh suppose to be IMO a way to hold pressure. But, excluding first tick, there is something "wrong" with this skill. Dunno what...
Srul - Shaman
Sruula - Witch Elf
Jurwulf Srulson - Chosen

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#8 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:14 pm

1,8 sec for chain ligtning dunno The english Name , Bug whaag, + bunsh of whaag ( cause its Instant) iam at 91x,int cause i have renown at int But iam high Level and can spend more. Crit is better than int for shammy.

Ads
Morf

Post#9 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:54 pm

As far as problems go for dps shaman i dont really see any,, the 3rd dot helped with mobility although it didnt really change that much.
If there is a problem its more of a game problem or a problem that order have better tools to counter kiters.
Dps shaman are pretty good but you are still going to be semi worthless when fighting solid premades, same for all 4 caster healers who spec dps.
Morfee - Shaman / Mynnos - Kotbs / Grubod - Black Orc / Snubz - Squig Herder

Miszczu5647

Post#10 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:04 pm

I am asking because I want to know e favorite class. I think I know already a bit about healing but dps is... kind a mystery ;)
Could one of you write down his rotation? With comment how many Gork points is needed. Let's assume that we were ready and jump from the bushes on some single order player :D
Srul - Shaman
Sruula - Witch Elf
Jurwulf Srulson - Chosen